xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best Way To Block Xbox Live  (Read 256 times)

schubi

• Archived User
Best Way To Block Xbox Live
« on: March 27, 2010, 08:18:00 AM »

Hi

just wondering whats the best way of blocking xbox live since total blocking of the xbox aint a good idea anymore with future homebrew that will need an internet connection

since everyone is using other techniques to stop xbox live i make this thread now...

at the moment i just block these ports with my router

* TCP 80
    * UDP 88
    * UDP-3074
    * TCP-3074
    * UDP 53
    * TCP 53

MS says these ports need to be open in order to run xbox live
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

however, dont know if it is the best way to stop xbox live
probably tcp 80 will be used in the future by homebrew apps and i think xbox live wont start with opened port 80 either
same for 53 which is for dns and also absolutly necessary to have opened in the future

ive also read somewhere, dunno where it was, blocking 3074 udp/tcp is enough to stop XBL

has anyone experience with just blocking 3074 ?

if also heared some ppl just deactivate XBL in family settings but this seems kinda unsafe for me
or atleast not safe forever

have a nice day everybody

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »

i have deactivated xbox live with parental controls and thats working fine so far... also im using a non live profile just for the jtag box.

theo225

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »

I also blocked live in family settings and blocked the creation of any live accounts. I have my 360 plugged into my router always. No problems so far.

dschu012

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »

I use a banned console (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by dschu012: Mar 27 2010, 04:37 PM

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »

haha, right after posting that it works fine for me here is a problem (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Just connected my xbox to the internet again after 1.2 Freestyle update to test the new ntp feature.
now i noticed that when i play a xbox1 game (original, hacked or homebrew) a message comes up that there is a update on xbox live.... i can just choose no to update but this is still a bit strange as i blocked live in the parental controls.... and annoying.

PS: im using the hacked emu.

This post has been edited by Sonic-NKT: Mar 27 2010, 05:23 PM

Makave7iThaDon

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »

I manually enter the ip settings and make it so that my gateway is 0.0.0.0

dOOfus30

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 02:23:00 AM »

I disable in xbox settings, block the xbox ip and mac from accessing the internet in my router, and block the ports.

MrFlooD

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 06:29:00 AM »

I just created a second Profile without live. Anytime I am doing something homebrew I just use that one. Seems to be the simplest way. However, I unplug my Ethernet cable when using my legit profile. I prefer to be safe than sorry.

GTRagnarok

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »

Using my original Live profile (never been banned with it) with just Live blocked in the parental settings. No problems for months.

aotta

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 01:52:00 AM »

anyone know if is safe enough to block the domain "xboxlive.com" via router?

rulevoid_

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(aotta @ Mar 29 2010, 03:52 AM) View Post

anyone know if is safe enough to block the domain "xboxlive.com" via router?

I highly doubt the servers that the xbox connect to redirect from xboxlive.com domain.  I don't think that will help you in the slightest.

djbastard

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 08:13:00 AM »

I have it connected to the router and use my live account for it.
In the router i added the MAC adress with no internet access (LAN/FTP still works)

Maybe you can check the logs to which IP it want to connect to and block the whole IP block/range from MS
eg. 165.45.58.22 would be 165.*.*.* or 165.0.0.0.0

Also block all access except the one you want to connect it to.
To check which IP you want to add, open up the homebrew app, let it connect (which would obviously fail) and check your router firewall logs for DENIED access (the originating IP would be your xboxes address).

O yeah, try to set a static IP adress so you'll recognise it.
When running XBR your xbox gets a HOSTNAME and you would see a pc named something similar like PC-12345.

Greetz

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »

Why do you care if your console gets banned anyway? I guess you may be just saving the CPU key, etc, in case you need to swap.

schubi

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Mar 31 2010, 07:53 PM) *

Why do you care if your console gets banned anyway? I guess you may be just saving the CPU key, etc, in case you need to swap.

for repairing its good not to be banned,

i dont know why ppl post here how they block the whole xbox in their router they just could unplug the network cable
the meaning of this thread was internet conectivity (which will be more and more important next month) while blocking whole live shit, the parantel settings thing seemed a bit unsecure for me, but it seems that it works... for now... till next dashboard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

(ms is really stupid with copy protection things

but thats probably just a trick to get the biggest part of the market-share, windows wouldnt rule the computer world that much if it had a good copy protection same with office products...)

aotta

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Mar 31 2010, 07:53 PM) View Post

i don't worry to be banned, but i'm afraid of some countermisure ms may apply to jtagged console, or updating by mistake and burning the efuse, etc...
Pages: [1] 2