xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: FreeStyle Dash 2010-03-07  (Read 919 times)

seglda

• Archived User
FreeStyle Dash 2010-03-07
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(kipper2k @ Mar 10 2010, 01:19 PM) *

Does anyone have a tut for loading xbl games from usb, i am using the latest freestyle dash and i get error unable to load. when trying to load from usb:content/0000000000000000/insert game here. Freestyle sees the games, just cannot successfully load them.

thanks

I ran into this same problem, upon further testing, it appears that only games I'd previously installed on the main HD are broken..

I'm going to test it further and randomly spot test games and see if any of the ones I hadn't previously installed are broken, if none of them are, then I'll work on trying to find why the ones that I installed previously don't want to work.

Thus far, I've tried like 20 games and they're all working splendidly..just not the ones that were on the main HD previously.

EDIT: Problem solved! Simply hit Y to go to Utilities, then go to Settings, press RB to page down, and then select Clear Data and Restart. You'll have to put in all the screenshots and boxart and whatever..but..that's a pretty small price to pay for working games!

This post has been edited by seglda: Mar 15 2010, 09:53 AM

kipper2k

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(seglda @ Mar 15 2010, 09:38 AM) *

I ran into this same problem, upon further testing, it appears that only games I'd previously installed on the main HD are broken..

I'm going to test it further and randomly spot test games and see if any of the ones I hadn't previously installed are broken, if none of them are, then I'll work on trying to find why the ones that I installed previously don't want to work.

Thus far, I've tried like 20 games and they're all working splendidly..just not the ones that were on the main HD previously.

EDIT: Problem solved! Simply hit Y to go to Utilities, then go to Settings, press RB to page down, and then select Clear Data and Restart. You'll have to put in all the screenshots and boxart and whatever..but..that's a pretty small price to pay for working games!

Hi,

*** This assumes your fsdata is located on your USB0: drive, (which you should have for ease of use) ***

i found an easier quicker solution.  If you want to put all the xblive games on the USB0: drive after you have decided to move them off your attached hdd0: drive,  and already done all the backgrounds and everything done, don't do the clear data...  open up the content.xml file and look for

hdd0:\Content\0000000000000000\  replace all with the following

usb0:\Content\0000000000000000\

and rewrite content.xml back to the fsdata directory.  Freestyle will now go looking for the info on USB.
As always, save the original content.xml before playing.

this means you wont have to reload all your pics again, which could be a real pain

This post has been edited by kipper2k: Mar 16 2010, 12:23 AM

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(kipper2k @ Mar 16 2010, 12:22 AM) View Post

Hi,

*** This assumes your fsdata is located on your USB0: drive, (which you should have for ease of use) ***

i found an easier quicker solution.  If you want to put all the xblive games on the USB0: drive after you have decided to move them off your attached hdd0: drive,  and already done all the backgrounds and everything done, don't do the clear data...  open up the content.xml file and look for

hdd0:\Content\0000000000000000\  replace all with the following

usb0:\Content\0000000000000000\

and rewrite content.xml back to the fsdata directory.  Freestyle will now go looking for the info on USB.
As always, save the original content.xml before playing.
this means you wont have to reload all your pics again, which could be a real pain

Thanks for the info, this worked great
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]