xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: XM360 v0.7 *Update v1.4b Final*  (Read 2071 times)

efbiaye

• Archived User
XM360 v0.7 *Update v1.4b Final*
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »

That's a great news smile.gif We're always ready to test 24/7 wink.gif

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Feb 26 2010, 11:54 AM) View Post

Expect the fix in 1.1 due out this weekend.

I lied.  It's out now.

Version 1.1 -- Feb 26th, 2010
* Added ftp server, and because of that, a new button to "Rescan".  Also, your 360's IP address is displayed on screen.
* Fixed long standing issue where some titles weren't unlocking, and some weren't being scanned properly.  It had only minor impact though, so you might not have been aware of it.
* Added feature to "restore" DLC filenames.  As it turns out, some people are somehow getting DLC which has been renamed.  This feature will correct the filenames on the HDD.  However, it also seems that some of this DLC is being modified in order to "tag" it, or to "claim" it.  For example: some complete asshole calling himself "DragonSlayer" is releasing DLC and embedding "ripped by DragonSlayer" inside the DLC.  He is also taking the liberty to change the area of the DLC which indicates what title the DLC is "for".  This completely hoses xm360 which expects DLC to be intact.  So, if you are exposing yourself to these DLC files, be prepared for XM360 to not be able to display your DLC correctly...and don't report it as a bug.  Be aware, that this feature can take some real time as it has to open each and every DLC to figure out what it's name *should* be.

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Feb 26 2010, 04:04 PM) View Post

I lied.  It's out now.

Version 1.1 -- Feb 26th, 2010
* Added ftp server, and because of that, a new button to "Rescan".  Also, your 360's IP address is displayed on screen.
* Fixed long standing issue where some titles weren't unlocking, and some weren't being scanned properly.  It had only minor impact though, so you might not have been aware of it.
* Added feature to "restore" DLC filenames.  As it turns out, some people are somehow getting DLC which has been renamed.  This feature will correct the filenames on the HDD.  However, it also seems that some of this DLC is being modified in order to "tag" it, or to "claim" it.  For example: some complete asshole calling himself "DragonSlayer" is releasing DLC and embedding "ripped by DragonSlayer" inside the DLC.  He is also taking the liberty to change the area of the DLC which indicates what title the DLC is "for".  This completely hoses xm360 which expects DLC to be intact.  So, if you are exposing yourself to these DLC files, be prepared for XM360 to not be able to display your DLC correctly...and don't report it as a bug.  Be aware, that this feature can take some real time as it has to open each and every DLC to figure out what it's name *should* be.

Wow! You rock!

Thanks, updating right now.

@ this retard "dragonslayer" no one gives a shit that you ripped it. It's not like its hard to do.

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »

Version 1.1b -- Feb 26th, 2010
* some minor ftp fixes (modify time on files, and ability to CD ..)

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »

nice stuff thanks again node21.

About the DLC, its great that it means that it will sort out by renaming files correctly.  I've seen some plonkers and groups (not on my 360 of course smile.gif) rename their dlc with their groupname in the filename....so then would make harder to know if have duplicates or not.

About the DLC though, I thought I read somewhere that supposedly the filename is random generated?  And that was why it wouldnt matter what the actual dlc was named in the folder.  If thats the case, then presumably everyone who has DLC xxx would have a different filename for that...so how do you determine its the correct name?  I guess what I read was wrong then and that they are name specific smile.gif.

But all in all, something that was greatly needed to help clean up some mess in the folders

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Feb 26 2010, 06:08 PM) View Post

About the DLC though, I thought I read somewhere that supposedly the filename is random generated?  And that was why it wouldnt matter what the actual dlc was named in the folder.  If thats the case, then presumably everyone who has DLC xxx would have a different filename for that...so how do you determine its the correct name?  I guess what I read was wrong then and that they are name specific smile.gif.

The "correct" filename of DLC files is 21 bytes long.

As I understand it, the first 20 bytes are the SHA-1 hash of the actual title name.  The 21st byte is the first byte of the titleId.

The 20 bytes are at position 0x32c in the DLC file.  And the titleId is at 0x360.

antisniperspy

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Feb 26 2010, 11:54 AM) View Post

I need to thank you for this bug report, and the follow-up.  As it turns out, there was a bug...and I'm very happy to have had this example to prove it, and expose it.  It was a trivial solution, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it also explains the long standing issue with Supra Contra for which I had put a workaround into the code.  I think I can probably remove that workaround now.

Expect the fix in 1.1 due out this weekend.

Just wondering if you could explain what was the bug, if you have the time?

I actually code C# web sites as my main job and was wondering if the source code was out for this or if you could send pm it to me if you dont mind. If its not something you want to give out dont worry about it I was just curious.

Keep the updates coming as it is a great program and if you need beta testers i would say i am fully qualified to help out smile.gif

Glad I could help

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(antisniperspy @ Feb 26 2010, 06:57 PM) *

Just wondering if you could explain what was the bug, if you have the time?

As it turns out, it was because I wasn't specifying that I wanted to open the files in binary mode.

It's C++, not C#...and, for now, is still closed source.  

antisniperspy

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(node21 @ Feb 26 2010, 07:22 PM) View Post

As it turns out, it was because I wasn't specifying that I wanted to open the files in binary mode.

It's C++, not C#...and, for now, is still closed source.

Yeah i meant to say that I now program in C# but my first language is C++.

Thanks for the info.

efbiaye

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »

Wow node21, ur too fast, no time to sleep then, time for the tests (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

EDIT:
I have a question node21, are the DLCs that are not recognized or that have different checksum displayed somehow? (I only see 3 tiers - HAVE / MISS / IGNORED)

This post has been edited by efbiaye: Feb 27 2010, 02:19 AM

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »

It is possible to launch this from NXE ?

I currently am running it using XEXMENU

efbiaye

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2010, 02:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Feb 27 2010, 07:33 AM) *

It is possible to launch this from NXE ?

I currently am running it using XEXMENU

Use QuickBboot 2.0 to make a NXE link. Be sure to mark a demo if you want this homebrew title to be visible in NXE demos folder. The program itself is pretty easy.

Btw. you don't want to use a typical LIVE version, becauase you won't be able to update the CSV file. In LIVE container all files are stored inside one file.

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »

Thanks this is a GREAT program!

My v1.1 still says 1.0  tongue.gif

node21

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2010, 06:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(efbiaye @ Feb 26 2010, 07:42 PM) View Post

I have a question node21, are the DLCs that are not recognized or that have different checksum displayed somehow? (I only see 3 tiers - HAVE / MISS / IGNORED)

Yes, if you have it (recognized or not) it is displayed in the "HAVE".  Check the path at the bottom to see if it was recognized or not.

QUOTE(efbiaye @ Feb 27 2010, 04:36 AM) View Post

Btw. you don't want to use a typical LIVE version, becauase you won't be able to update the CSV file. In LIVE container all files are stored inside one file.

XM360 will also search elsewhere for the CSV files if you really want to use a LIVE package...or at least that's the idea.  I don't use a LIVE container at all during testing.

QUOTE(modslave @ Feb 27 2010, 05:47 AM) View Post

My v1.1 still says 1.0  tongue.gif

I'm afraid that means that your 1.1 version is actually 1.0.  Go get 1.1b anyway.

Midnight Tboy

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2010, 06:36:00 AM »

maybe worth having it mark as red or some other colour any DLC that it does not recognise - so that can try to action it manually or replace it if needs be.

Or maybe say Green for all files valid and named correctly, amber if present but named incorrectly, red if missing, and errrr blue or something if dlc detected but unknown
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21