xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Witch Dash Plays Xbla Best?  (Read 221 times)

burton666

• Archived User
Witch Dash Plays Xbla Best?
« on: February 09, 2010, 05:40:00 AM »

Hi, I have installed XeXmenu 1.1 and some other dashes like Freestyle, IngeniouX  and XM360. But if I want to play my XBLA games I first have to start a dash then select a XBLA game to play, but after I have played the game and want to select another one I first have to get back to the original dash and then select one of the custom dashes again then play another XBLA.

Is there some better dash/way to just get back to the XBLA selection menu without starting all over again.?

Cerise

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 05:43:00 AM »

Sure is - install your XBLA games to the internal HDD instead.

artik

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cerise @ Feb 9 2010, 01:43 PM) View Post

Sure is - install your XBLA games to the internal HDD instead.

!?

Simply use Freestyledash board, the best for XBLA games (you can download covers and screenshots automaticly) and for Xbox 360 too wink.gif

numlockhome

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 07:12:00 AM »

yean! i would go for freestyle dash too. its hands down the best out there right now! and i looks hella´good smile.gif

classiccrime

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(burton666 @ Feb 9 2010, 01:40 PM) View Post

Is there some better dash/way to just get back to the XBLA selection menu without starting all over again.?
just boot the dash from dvd then when you want to go back to freestyle, push the guide button and select 'play game on disc'

dufc1983

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(artik @ Feb 9 2010, 02:58 PM) *

!?

Simply use Freestyledash board, the best for XBLA games (you can download covers and screenshots automaticly) and for Xbox 360 too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

yeah thats handy but please note with freestyle dash there is known errors regarding xbla games especially trials hd it tends to freeze,best way is just load it on ur 360 hd's and play from normal dash never had any issues with xbla since i went from xbr_1 to xbr_3

burton666

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(dufc1983 @ Feb 9 2010, 06:05 PM) View Post

yeah thats handy but please note with freestyle dash there is known errors regarding xbla games especially trials hd it tends to freeze,best way is just load it on ur 360 hd's and play from normal dash never had any issues with xbla since i went from xbr_1 to xbr_3

Well I only have a 20gb "original" HDD with only like 9Gb space left, so I would hope that I could use my external USB HDD. The problem is that I want to get back to the XBLA -list after I have a played a game, not having to start over every time from the original dash everytime I quit a game. Is that possible?

Jbonzo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »

Not right now.

But you can press the guide button and go to quick launch.

Faluke

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(burton666 @ Feb 9 2010, 11:23 AM) View Post

Well I only have a 20gb "original" HDD with only like 9Gb space left, so I would hope that I could use my external USB HDD. The problem is that I want to get back to the XBLA -list after I have a played a game, not having to start over every time from the original dash everytime I quit a game. Is that possible?

Dude, this guy just told you how to do it the way you are asking. With this method it will work just like you have replaced your NXE dash with freestyle dash. When you are finished, push the guide and select "play game on disc" and you're back at your XBLA list.

just boot the dash from dvd then when you want to go back to freestyle, push the guide button and select 'play game on disc'

DHA

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(artik @ Feb 9 2010, 12:58 PM) View Post

Simply use Freestyledash board, the best for XBLA games (you can download covers and screenshots automaticly) and for Xbox 360 too wink.gif

You sure?
Mine just comes up with No screenshot available for every game.
Has the icons for XBLA games and very few 360 games.

lvader1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »

witch  (wch)
n.
1. A woman claiming or popularly believed to possess magical powers and practice sorcery.
2. A believer or follower of Wicca; a Wiccan.
3. A hag.
4. A woman considered to be spiteful or overbearing.
5. Informal A woman or girl considered bewitching.
6. One particularly skilled or competent at one's craft: "A witch of a writer, [she] is capable of developing an intensity that verges on ferocity" (Peter S. Prescott).

harleywastaken

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(DHA @ Feb 14 2010, 10:39 AM) View Post

You sure?
Mine just comes up with No screenshot available for every game.
Has the icons for XBLA games and very few 360 games.

use the indexer.

seppelq

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »

Porta360

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 07:07:00 AM »

Like everyone else, i think freestyle is the dash of choice. As far as getting back to the dash when you finish playing a game...  if you wanna do it without the disc in the tray. you have to have freestyle installed as LIVE version. Press guide button , then go to quick launch, you should see it. Click on it  & back to dash you go.