xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Freestyle Xbox 360 Dash V1.0  (Read 2434 times)

c@rtm@n

• Archived User
Freestyle Xbox 360 Dash V1.0
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »

Well I've been thinking this over and I'm wondering if I'm planning to do this right.

I'm going to put the Freestyle Dash folders on a USB drive with my XBLA/DLC and Games.  I'm going to use Quickboot to create a shortcut for Freestyle and then upload that to my xbox HDD via FTP into the Content/000... folder.

Once, I've done all that my next question is:

To run the indexer, do I need the USB drive with my XBLA/DLC and games attached to the PC that I run the indexer on or do I need the USB drive hooked up to my XBOX?

Appreciate any help that can be offered.

iEzio

• Archived User
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »

Now I tried to create a shortcut for Freestyle Dash, like I did before with XeXMenu 1.1.

It's not working, my Xbox is booting back to NXE, if I klick it in the Games Library of the NXE.

I created a shortcut for Freestyle Dash on my USB HDD of the folder "usb:/Applications/Freestyle Dash/default.xex"

Don't know, why it's not working properly.

classiccrime

• Archived User
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(iEzio @ Jan 28 2010, 11:18 PM) View Post

Now I tried to create a shortcut for Freestyle Dash, like I did before with XeXMenu 1.1.

It's not working, my Xbox is booting back to NXE, if I klick it in the Games Library of the NXE.

I created a shortcut for Freestyle Dash on my USB HDD of the folder "usb:/Applications/Freestyle Dash/default.xex"

its 'FreestyleDash.xex' not 'default.xex'

iEzio

• Archived User
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(classiccrime @ Jan 28 2010, 11:39 PM) *

its 'FreestyleDash.xex' not 'default.xex'

I renamed it to default.xex, so it shouldn't make any sense.
I forgot to add that, sorry.

This post has been edited by iEzio: Jan 28 2010, 11:47 PM

morinzo

• Archived User
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

i extracted Modern warfare 2 from iso and installed it on external usb hdd and ran the indexer and it came back with correct screen shots but the icon is for cod4 anyone else notice this?  how can i replace with correct icon?

(IMG:http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv168/morinzo/Photo-0005.jpg)

i used this website to find the correct img for mw2 and put it in the proper folder in the artwork folder.

This post has been edited by morinzo: Jan 29 2010, 12:52 AM

MaesterRowen

• Archived User
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but that runXex command prompt tool is extremely useful.  

We need to code up an external program that can take a Visual Studio compiled xex upon build and run it through a command prompt program that automatically uploads it to a debug folder on your hdd1 or usb0 and then executes it.

Then when you're done testing and assuming the program didn't lock your box, you can hit the guide button and hit "Play game on Disc" which will return you to your freestyle dash to do it again.

Good work!

This post has been edited by MaesterRowen: Jan 29 2010, 12:38 AM

hfmls

• Archived User
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »

Hi, i hex edited FSDIndexer.exe
and i noticed that now i can use data in my language (portugues) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

i just replaced all fields saying "en-US" to "pt-pt"

from xbox links (3 in total i think) and now all data is received in portuguese!!

if u guys want try that too.

request next version: a FSDIndexer.exe that we could run on xbox360 accessing internet?

Tai-Kung

• Archived User
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »

anybody has tried to burn the default.xex + config.ini from quickboot to autoboot on console boot?
need help please

c@rtm@n

• Archived User
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »

I ended up getting this running with no problems.  I was over complicating the installation process.  Used quickboot to make a container so I could load it from game demo's off an external USB.

In any event, it looks friggin fantastic.  Ax, when I saw in another thread you were going to start working on something like this, I thought to myself "hell yeah!!!"

Worth the wait and I'm stoked to see what you have in store for us.  Keep up the solid work!

CVLAIS

• Archived User
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(iEzio @ Jan 28 2010, 11:18 PM) View Post

You need to use the following

usb:\Applications\Freestyle Dash\default.xex

CVLAIS

hfmls

• Archived User
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(CVLAIS @ Jan 29 2010, 06:50 AM) View Post

You need to use the following

usb:\Applications\Freestyle Dash\default.xex

CVLAIS

WORKS perfect! thank you!:)

altermxm

• Archived User
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2010, 03:20:00 AM »

I hope to see a Last Played and a Most Played section smile.gif

axc97c

• Archived User
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2010, 03:32:00 AM »

I noticed that happening, but i have no idea why. Got a feeling that the left an old icon in the nxeart and im using the wrong one. who knows.

We need some sort of community driven and edited source solution for this, so people can be working on translations, bits of the source, but most importantly creating a comprehensive altcontent.xml file that covers every game that doesnt get info automatically .

Just a few more that need adding....

army of two
enchanted arms
fifa 08
madden 06
pes 08
quake 2
xman

And im sure there are many more.

Adam

EDIT: Had a quick look, the package icon on the nxeart is the 4 icon, and not the modern warfare 2 one. The indexer needs updating so we can add alternate icons in altcontent.xml, so can get the correct one automatically.

QUOTE(morinzo @ Jan 29 2010, 01:03 AM) View Post

i extracted Modern warfare 2 from iso and installed it on external usb hdd and ran the indexer and it came back with correct screen shots but the icon is for cod4 anyone else notice this?  how can i replace with correct icon?

IPB Image
i used this website to find the correct img for mw2 and put it in the proper folder in the artwork folder.

v1.03   Fixed content saving bug in dash
   XML saving in dash quicker
   Added usb0:\applications and hdd1:\application paths. Please delete your config.xml for these
   to be added to existing installs. (The one in fsdata not base)

Should be in the usual places when ther correct people are awake and have chance to upload it.

Adam

_n3o_

• Archived User
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2010, 04:25:00 AM »

Maybe the last played game can be a little tab on the top right corner of the main page ?

Something like that :

IPB Image

so you just have to press 'up' to select it wink.gif

omega232

• Archived User
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »

Just went through the entire 10 pages looking for the source that was posted a while back which is now gone. Could you repost a link to it please?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12