xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Hard Drive...  (Read 164 times)

Poopchute

• Archived User
Usb Hard Drive...
« on: January 26, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »

Hi,
I have a 500 GB Slim USB Hdd and a 20 GB Xbox360 Hdd.  I have some downloaded content on the 20 GB Hdd that I Yaris Swapped so it would work on my JTAG'd xbox. My problem is that I can plug in the old 20 GB Hdd and it shows up fine on the normal xbox dashboard before you boot into XBR.  And the DLC even works fine like this.  But I want to ditch the old 20 GB Hdd and only use the 500 GB USB drive.  But if I use xexmenu and transfer everything to the 500 GB USB drive I can only access it thru XBR it wont work in game.  
I have copied the game to the 500 GB Hdd and it boots fine off it.  
I have heard people mention that they used XBR to format their external Hdd.  But none of them mention if its a USB Hdd or a SATA.  
Basically everything works fine off the USB drive...Except DLC and I cant get the NXE dash to recognize it.

Poopchute

• Archived User
Usb Hard Drive...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »

Is it a problem with xexmenu?  Or with the normal dash?  I dont understand why thats not implemented yet?

Poopchute

• Archived User
Usb Hard Drive...
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 06:04:00 PM »

So there is a way to get a normal Sata Hdd to replace the stock one, but you cant do the same with a USB drive?

BlueSlingShot

• Archived User
Usb Hard Drive...
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Poopchute @ Jan 27 2010, 02:04 AM) View Post

So there is a way to get a normal Sata Hdd to replace the stock one, but you cant do the same with a USB drive?

Dude just go to newegg.com and buy the largest sata laptop drive they have. 640 gb is the top right now for 2.5 drives. Stick it in your old case, have the 360 format it and just use that drive as your main. That's plenty for all the xbla content AND games that are actually worth playing.

Want more? Buy another drive and another 360 drive case and swap em as you see needed, i.e put all your games A-M on hdd A, and on hdd2 put M-Z tongue.gif