xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: XeXMenu v1.1  (Read 2200 times)

Chaosplt

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »

So since i didn't take off that resistor that makes the efuses blow, for every new game all i have to do is delete the system update folder? And it will run fine?

pwnreceiver

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(ska_drummer85 @ Jan 26 2010, 09:43 PM) View Post

Make a folder named GAMES on the root of your xbox HDD or on the root of a USB HDD (must be a FAT32 or HFS+ partition). Make a new folder named the game you have in the drive within that folder. Browse to that folder in xexmenu and hit Y, then select Copy DVD. When it is finished you will be able to see it in xexmenu. I recommend deleting the $SystemUpdate folder after copying the game especially new ones like mass effect 2 because it will mess up your jtag if you choose yes on the update.

If you want to be able to launch these from the xbox dashboard as well, you can use the Quickboot tool to make shortcuts.

I thought XBR uses virtual fuses and I didn't think there was an update beyond 8955 yet, which should be what XBR is reporting. Therefore, there should be no update done, right?

ska_drummer85

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »

I can confirm the one in Mass Effect is just avatar support, but in the future it would be a good idea to delete system updates if XBR hasn't caught up with it.

This post has been edited by ska_drummer85: Jan 27 2010, 06:45 AM

xlinkx

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »

Xexmenu 1.0 and 1.1 are buggy with certain hard drives.  Renamed "Games" folder and it'll boot without the black screen but I have to load the games manually.  My Western Digital passport works fine but my iomega got the back screen.  Hope it's fix in the next version.

This post has been edited by xlinkx: Jan 27 2010, 06:52 AM

The Dude Z

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(garyopa @ Jan 26 2010, 05:24 PM) View Post

Yep, I had this problem with v1.0 also.

If I installed any game on to the 360's own HDD, I would end up with a dead box, freeze upon relaunching the XeXMenu, if the game was inside the Games directory.

I really hope they fixed this bug. -- I have to test it out later and see!

I have all of my Games but 1 installed to the 360's own hdd in a Games folder in the root of the hdd and have never had it freeze and I have booted it many times with and without usb devices.

Have yo guys updated to the new version of XBReboot ?

radoman

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Dude Z @ Jan 27 2010, 06:03 AM) View Post

I have all of my Games but 1 installed to the 360's own hdd in a Games folder in the root of the hdd and have never had it freeze and I have booted it many times with and without usb devices.

Yes, I have the latest xbr. I'm also having this issue.

Shippy

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Dude Z @ Jan 27 2010, 06:03 AM) View Post

what model of hdd do you have installed?  I'm using a Seagate 500gb, formatted with nxe.  v1.0 would black screen on launch if I used the hdd1:/games directory.

rulevoid

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »

I am still having the issue of it not copying the games at all when i choose copy disk or whatever.
Does it matter if its an original or backup?
Do you still need to mod the dvd firmware to play and load from backup disks with XBR/XeXmenu?

While I'm at it  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Is it recommended to desolder the resistor to prevent updates blowing the e-fuse/overwriting portions of the XBR modded NAND memory?

Thanks all.

Edit: I am using the newest XBR with XeXMenu 1.1 and using my stock Xbox360 60gb hard drive.  I am loading XeXmenu from NXE (LIVE Container)
Edit2: Just noticed a previous post about timing, i will try that method and repost my resuts for copying disk.

This post has been edited by rulevoid: Jan 27 2010, 05:04 PM

dakaku

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(rulevoid @ Jan 27 2010, 04:48 PM) *

Do you still need to mod the dvd firmware to play and load from backup disks with XBR/XeXmenu?
yes

Is it recommended to desolder the resistor to prevent updates blowing the e-fuse/overwriting portions of the XBR modded NAND memory?

With the resistor removed the nand will be "over"written, but your efuse wont be blown. You then have to write back your backup-nand or xbr. So remove it.

re.lax

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »

Quick question if I'm using the live file and I want to add skins do I make a folder on the root of my hdd named media/skins ? or do I have to se the xex one

Aldanga

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »

Is there a way to change the username/password for FTP? That feature (and, possibly, the adding of SFTP) would be appreciated by security-paranoid people like myself.

rulevoid

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jan 27 2010, 11:55 AM) View Post

Is there a way to change the username/password for FTP? That feature (and, possibly, the adding of SFTP) would be appreciated by security-paranoid people like myself.

Are you transferring over the net or something?

Aldanga

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »

I'm not, but I'm on a public network at my University and would like to keep things secure.

QUOTE(minooch @ Jan 26 2010, 09:19 PM) *

He would be using FileZilla - it shows Megabit as Mb & Megabyte as MB.

The most likely cause is that FileZilla is actually showing incorrect values - I use it, and while monitoring network transfer rates elsewhere, FileZilla often spikes the transfer speed even though it isn't actually transferring that fast.

*bows*
Thank you, sir.

This post has been edited by Aldanga: Jan 27 2010, 06:47 PM

node21

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jan 27 2010, 11:55 AM) *

I'm not home, so I can't check...but I recall seeing an .ini file or something...I thought the ftp accounts were spelled out in there...

rulevoid

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jan 27 2010, 12:46 PM) View Post

I'm not, but I'm on a public network at my University and would like to keep things secure.

For the time being why dont you just direct connect a crossover cable from xbox to PC (second NIC) then assign both manual IP's within the same subnet with Gateways pointing at the other devices IP?  That would be completely localized and a great solution for the time being.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11