xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: XeXMenu v1.1  (Read 1991 times)

recall2000

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(evil666 @ Mar 18 2010, 05:10 PM) *

Now let me know if I am wrong but, Fat32 has a 4 gig limit per file. Most of these images are 8 gigs no? This would be why ntfs is needed.

Yea the limit is 4GB per file..but if you extract the isos I've yet to see a file bigger than a couple of GB, so this limit isn't a problem.

evil666

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(recall2000 @ Mar 18 2010, 12:16 PM) View Post

Yea the limit is 4GB per file..but if you extract the isos I've yet to see a file bigger than a couple of GB, so this limit isn't a problem.

Ahhh got ya. I have not modded mine yet, waiting on big block cygnos.

akula169

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(recall2000 @ Mar 18 2010, 10:16 AM) View Post

Or just ISO2GOD them... automatically split up into nice little 170.5MB bites.

Lurkin

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »

I have 2 jtag'd unit, and 1 has a 640gb drive in the HDD case and the other is an external 2TB drive.

The one with the 640 drive, when I try and run XEXMenu it just locks up to a black screen.  But if I reduce the amount of data on the drive then it works.  Is there a limit or a fix for xexmenu crashing because it tries to scan too much information?  I only have a few games copied to the drive and they are all NXE2GOD conversions, only 1 FF13 is an ISO2GOD conversion in the games folder.

I am just confused as to why Xexmenu crashes on this one but not the other one.  I have tried running it from disc, from live package and from default.xex from like freestyle or xm360 which both work fine.

I formatted the drive again at one point and xexmenu worked again until I started putting my xbla, dlc and games back on it.

Makave7iThaDon

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »

I dug this up just to add a suggestion to people who are experiencing random black screen lock ups especially when trying to start up xexmenu.

I had two games installed in the "games" folder of my hdd, FF13 and mass effect 2.  And I never had an issue with xexmenu at all, it would boot up and always list those two games except that sometimes the icon wasn't there on mass effect.  But FF13 was always the FIRST GAME in the list, and that icon was always there.

So then I ended up deleting FF13, and so I was only left with ME2 on it.  As soon as I did this and ME2 was the only game in my games folder xexmenu would black screen on me 9 times out of ten when it loaded up.  All I had to do was to change the name of the games folder real quick so that it didn't try and load up mass effect 2 and it would boot fine every single time.

The solution for me ended up being to change the "auto extract game names" setting from the default of 1 to 0.

Ever since I have done that it has loaded up and listed mass effect 2 for me perfectly literally probably 30 times in a row now without a single issue.

After feeling I solved it, I was curious if that really did fix it, and so I loaded it up, changed it back again from 0 to 1, and sure enough the very next time I started xexmenu it black screened on me AGAIN.

So I went back in and changed the setting to 0, and it's good to go again.

So anyone who has some unexplainable things that they can't pin point that is giving them black screen troubles in xexmenu, try changing that auto extract game names setting from the default of 1 to 0 and see if it fixes your issue like it did mine.

Cheers

davster007

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »

Hello can anyone tell me where the config file is stored in xexmenu i got i t install everything working but want to change my directories i guess its a .xml file but dont know where to look thanks

Evillvi

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »

i have an issue i am hoping someone can help me out with. ive been using this guide to ftp to my xbox 1 running xbmc. i tried doing the same for xexmenu but i keep getting an error message. the message i get is:

an error occurred opening that folder on the ftp server. make sure you have permission to access that folder.
details: an internal error occured in the microsoft internet extensions.

ive goolged that error message but i keep getting links to issues with internet explorer. i know i can just use flashfxp but id rather do it this way because i like it better with uploading files to the xbox. any help is greatly appreciated.

alumeto

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »

Jasper Jtag Freeboot 0.03

Problem: XEXMENU 1.1

Load from cd to HDD code099...
Xexmenu run fine.
But when i create called Games folder on internal HDD (1TB) xexmenu restart my console. When usb plug in run perfectly. No games at my usb. Its general bug?

Problem solved  love.gif

At xexmenu delete all data on my usb. Then remove. Go to dboard. XEXMENU run again biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]