xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: XeXMenu v1.1  (Read 2191 times)

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »

What is the best way to update from v1.0

I tried running v1.0 and FTP'ing but it wont let me delete the old XeXMenu while i am using it.

I also tried using IngeniouX but the FTP doesn't seem to work for me with that program.

When i put XeXMenu version 1 on i had to take the hard drive apart and connect it directly to my PC. I don't really want to have to do that again if there is a better way.

Thanks

garyopa

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shippy @ Jan 26 2010, 05:01 PM) View Post

Do you have your games installed on hdd1:/games?
Using XeXMenu v1.0, the program would freeze if I had my games there (I have no USB devices connected).  Since I only had 1 game installed there (and 2 via NXE) i went ahead and reformatted the drive via NXE, reinstalled XeXMenu, and then made a new directory called hdd1:/tmp to store my games.  I have to manually launch each game.

Yep, I had this problem with v1.0 also.

If I installed any game on to the 360's own HDD, I would end up with a dead box, freeze upon relaunching the XeXMenu, if the game was inside the Games directory.

I really hope they fixed this bug. -- I have to test it out later and see!

Sunblood

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Jan 26 2010, 04:23 PM) *

I tried running v1.0 and FTP'ing but it wont let me delete the old XeXMenu while i am using it.

I also tried using IngeniouX but the FTP doesn't seem to work for me with that program.

When i put XeXMenu version 1 on i had to take the hard drive apart and connect it directly to my PC. I don't really want to have to do that again if there is a better way.

Thanks

If you have a memory card you can move the old XeXMenu on to there via the 360 dash, run it, and move the new XeXMenu to the HDD.

If not, burn XeXMenu to CD and use that to move/delete the appropriate versions.

garyopa

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Jan 26 2010, 05:23 PM) View Post

Thanks

The way I get it onto the system the first time, is take any version and burn it onto a CDR (I use a CDRW) that way, I can then launch it from the 360 dashboard, and then just use itself to copy it over to the HDD works great. -- And if I don't want to reburn the CDR, I just put the new version on a usb stick, launch the old one from the CDR, and then browse to the USB stick, and copy it over the HDD.

Or if you got one working already on your HDD and you want to update it, launch the old one, then use it to launch the new one on the USB stick, then use that one to copy it over the old existing one on the HDD.

Shippy

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sunblood @ Jan 26 2010, 10:28 PM) *

If you have a memory card you can move the old XeXMenu on to there via the 360 dash, run it, and move the new XeXMenu to the HDD.

If not, burn XeXMenu to CD and use that to move/delete the appropriate versions.

Or how about this: put v1.1 on a usb stick/drive (both versions).  Load v1.0 through the NXE.  launch v1.1 on the usb stick (XEX).  Delete the live v1.0 from the xbox.  copy the new v1.1 live version to the xbox.  Reboot and you shoudl be good to go!

SniperKilla

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »

Played Darksiders for a half hour, GPU temp was 49.9C after getting back into XeXMenu...  It has been idling in XeXmenu for 10 minutes now and GPU is down to 43.0C.  it would climb to 53-55C while idling in XeXMenu 1.0.

Good stuff, thanks for the update!

Biaz

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »

Wow, nice!! Now uploading @11,3 MB/sec! Im maxing out my 100mbit LAN smile.gif sweet! I was only able to get 5 MB/sec with 1.0!

Thank a lot biggrin.gif

effbee05

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »

I get much better FTP speeds now. I got between 300k/sec and 1000k/sec in 1.0 now I get from 3MB/sec up to  21MB/sec. It took ~4 hours to FTP a game now it takes 14 minutes! Great job XeDev!

jihaut

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »

Am going to install in a moment smile.gif
Will be back soon with positive reviews no doubt biggrin.gif

Biaz

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »

Up to 23 MB/sec? Does the xbox have Gbit LAN? ohmy.gif

intention

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(garyopa @ Jan 26 2010, 02:24 PM) View Post

Yep, I had this problem with v1.0 also.

If I installed any game on to the 360's own HDD, I would end up with a dead box, freeze upon relaunching the XeXMenu, if the game was inside the Games directory.

I really hope they fixed this bug. -- I have to test it out later and see!

I had this issue too. Had to revert back to Xexloader in the mean time.
Let us know if this is fixed!

Sunblood

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »

For some reason I can't get this to show up in the Games menu. I haven't had a problem with any other XexMenu/Loader before.
The old one shows up fine, but when I delete it and move the new version onto the HDD it won't appear.

It works if I run it manually from USB or burning to disc.

halikus

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 04:11:00 PM »

effbee05...wow speeds.

I guess this is our new Evox and is right on time and im sooooo used to it.  I expected nothing less after the exploit and wow the homebrews crooking now.

Im sure theres some people drinking serious coffee and doing serious blow trying to get video/media support rocking.   My only advice is now is a good time to watch a season of 24 in the background and i hope you don't have wives or jobs.

effbee05

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »

I thought I was 100mbit also but here's a screenshot:

IPB Image

halikus

• Archived User
XeXMenu v1.1
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »

For problems with getting loaders to update, besides not trying to overwrite the loader you have loaded, i can't say anything but good things about having a copy on a mem card.  Its super handy and super basic.  Also, maybe delete the code999 dir and see if that flushes anything.  Be able to get back "in".

Besides a reboot i'm not sure if i didn't already help.

effbee05... thats still dang fast.  Way better than Xbox1.  Now to break the NTFS limit for mkv's.  How about a partition 4?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11