xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Optical Output  (Read 57 times)

x_zao_x

• Archived User
Xbmc Optical Output
« on: February 23, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

ok, here's the problem......i am using the official MS Advanced AV Pack, and have the optical connected to a 5.1 receiver.  i have a softmodded xbox.  i am using the Evox dashboard.  i have changed the M$ dashboard to Dolby Surround Sound.  I have changed the XBMC to Digital out, and checked the AC3 capable receiver, the DTS capable receiver, and also 2-channel passthrough.  I can play DVD .img with 5.1 sound, but no other files will output sound (like xvids with stereo sound).  I have changed the M$ dashboard back to stereo, and have changed the XBMC back to analog output, but still get no sound.  i even have plugged the RCA left/right into the breakout box and plugged them into my tv, and still get no sound from XBMC.

EDIT:  my games on my HDD will output sound with the optical cable, even if the M$ dashboard says Mono, Stereo, or Dolby....it's only the XBMC having the problem

can anyone help me?

This post has been edited by x_zao_x: Feb 23 2005, 09:29 PM

celinedrules

• Archived User
Xbmc Optical Output
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »

Can you select the option 'Output stereo to all speakers'?

x_zao_x

• Archived User
Xbmc Optical Output
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »

when the XBMC option is set to 'Digital' i can, but that doesn't help, i still only get sound with the digital setting on my 5.1 DVD .img files....

x_zao_x

• Archived User
Xbmc Optical Output
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

update #2:  my emulators work perfect, it seems the audio is carried through all 5 channels plus the sub, it's only XBMC with non 5.1 sound videos (like xvid DVD rips and stuff like that)

x_zao_x

• Archived User
Xbmc Optical Output
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »

update #3:  the original a/v pack with just composite video and white/red sound doesn't help either, still can't get sound with XBMC, but everything else works fine

i had a build of XBMC from 1/15/2005, got the latest CVS build and didn't fix a thing....

x_zao_x

• Archived User
Xbmc Optical Output
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

bump up!

jmarshall

• Archived User
Xbmc Optical Output
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 05:50:00 AM »

Press up on the right thumbstick.

x_zao_x

• Archived User
Xbmc Optical Output
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »

thanks so much jmarshall!!!  it worked perfect!!  i think that was the only thing that i didn't try....i feel like a dumbass

but thanks again!!!!!