xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Xbox360 Homebrew Media Player?  (Read 1037 times)

kainy

• Archived User
Xbox360 Homebrew Media Player?
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2010, 06:35:00 AM »

I support XBMC team for their decisions, as it's 100% correct... Just bought a WD TV HD box, and my HDTV problems are all sorted out... Making the 360 madia center too is too much for it smile.gif Playing games is still enough, and the combination of the two is still cheaper than an appropriate PC... smile.gif

dinzy

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(kainy @ Feb 21 2010, 05:35 AM) View Post

I support XBMC team for their decisions, as it's 100% correct... Just bought a WD TV HD box, and my HDTV problems are all sorted out... Making the 360 madia center too is too much for it smile.gif Playing games is still enough, and the combination of the two is still cheaper than an appropriate PC... smile.gif

So the fact that you don't really care about having a media player on your 360 implies that anyone who wants one is somehow wrong?  The system is more than capable of playing videos and is already marketed as a (crippled) media center and netflix streamer, so clearly it is not too much for it.  

I really don't understand why people who have no desire for something, or simply dislike it, feel the need to chime in against it.  Many people want a fully functioning media player on their jtagged 360 and sooner or later there will be one.

Lush

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »

xbmc BELONGS on xbox360... it only makes sense...

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »

XBMC Team needs to GTFO, why is it called this if they are dev for it and do it on PC platforms. Pisses me the F off.

Drefsab

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2010, 05:12:00 AM »

To be fair the XBMC team haven't said it shouldn't be worked on but they have said they are not going to spend the time and effort to port it. There simply isn't enough people out there with JTAG'ed 360's to make it worth the significant investment of time for them to port it. If everyone with a 360 could run this stuff then they may think differently but the fact remains that the vast majority of 360's out there currently not able to be JTAG'ed.

That being said XBMC's source code is freely available if you wanted to port it yourself. Now those with coding skills have look at it already and come to the decision that it would be far simpler to try and get MPlayer ported, and work from there.

Given that Mplayer was the core of XBMC (certainly was in the early days at least) porting that is still the first logical step even if you were porting XBMC. XBMC's decision is the right one for them, it may not be the right one for people like us who want a decent media player out of the 360 but well thats why those who can are working on other options. More power to them if you ask me.

Me9a

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »

so is there any progress yet ?

cant wait to watch full hd 1080p samples with my xbox360 jtaged   biggrin.gif

bidrug

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Me9a @ Feb 22 2010, 01:40 PM) View Post

so is there any progress yet ?

cant wait to watch full hd 1080p samples with my xbox360 jtaged   biggrin.gif

HTMLS!!!!!!!!???????  

You are not allowed to have multiple accounts, have you read the rules????

if not htmls, read the same replies we did to him please.

hfmls

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »

first is hfmls.
and second no, it's not me.

shtewps

• Recovered User
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »

Ah, finally... Found the thread with the secret homebrew 360 media player coders wink.gif Heard that they existed, but didn't know for sure until now.. some very exciting information here. And yes, some people need to relax a little bit and just appreciate the fact that there are people with the knowledge and energy to develop such a project. With that said, thank you to anyone, everyone who is working on this.

I would love to contribute to the coding, and would love to learn to where I could contribute. But by the time that happens this project will probably be complete :/

With that said I am willing to donate a jtagged console or two or three to qualified individuals that are capable of moving this project forward at a significant pace. Of course they must not own one to begin with.

Joohan if you lack any 360 hardware or would find it helpful if you had more, please PM me.

Thanks.

][UNREAL][

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(shtewps @ Feb 24 2010, 03:22 PM) View Post

Ah, finally... Found the thread with the secret homebrew 360 media player coders wink.gif Heard that they existed, but didn't know for sure until now.. some very exciting information here. And yes, some people need to relax a little bit and just appreciate the fact that there are people with the knowledge and energy to develop such a project. With that said, thank you to anyone, everyone who is working on this.

I would love to contribute to the coding, and would love to learn to where I could contribute. But by the time that happens this project will probably be complete :/

With that said I am willing to donate a jtagged console or two or three to qualified individuals that are capable of moving this project forward at a significant pace. Of course they must not own one to begin with.

Joohan if you lack any 360 hardware or would find it helpful if you had more, please PM me.

Thanks.

Very good shtewps! It's like people like you that always the scene goes ahead!  love.gif

][UNREAL][

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »

No more news?  blink.gif

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »

Seriously everyone who keeps bugging about features and this and that. You obviously don't even know what joohan is talking about doing. He is cross-compiling codecs , not working on a media player with a GUI and bells and whistles...This would take a lot of people working on it , he is trying to make a step and hopefully some people who can code will jump on it and help....If i were working on this i would have gotten mean a long time ago , if you don't hear anything it is probably because he hasn't made any progress go figure..He might have an actual job where he makes money , and if that job is programming he probably has work to do for his job. Programmers stay up day and night working on stuff i know my mother is a programmer.  I won;t try talking about anything technical i am not a programmer , just a hardware guy. But i know that because the Xbox was a basic legacy free PC with a standard architecture it was not that hard to write programs for , when you have the Xdk. Even with the XDK for the 360 you are still talking about it needing to run a platform that only exists in one device , Porting to a different OS has to be much Easier than porting too a device that has a CPU and GPU not used in any other "PC" , like i said i don't have technical knowledge of programming , just hardware so i won't talk too much out of my ass that is just my thought.

Th3James

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »

I would love to have a media player that can play .mkv's

but because i have my fan speed at 100% i don't know if i would use it. I might buy a new fan for my jtag 360. its an 06 model and i don't want it to die. I have 3 dead consoles ATM, 2 working 360's, and 1 jtag

hfmls

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »

yes buy a new fan. it will improve

Th3James

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(hfmls @ Mar 5 2010, 07:04 AM) View Post

yes buy a new fan. it will improve

i plan on buying one, any recommendations on a fan that can be at 100% and whisper quite?

i am just using stock 360 fan now, and just got my jtag a few days ago so i have yet to order a new fan
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10