xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Need Help With Xbmc Connecting To Internet  (Read 22 times)

happytimeharry

• Archived User
I Need Help With Xbmc Connecting To Internet
« on: February 22, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »

Man I am so frustrrated right now I am about 2 more days from never using xbmc again.  I have tried searching to no avail, I don't know if I am the only unlucky SOB that has to deal with this bullsh|t  but I can't take it anymore.  I have posted about this before and got no help other than "try reinstalling xbmc."  So, everything was working fine about a week ago now, then one day I turn on my xbox go into xbmc and plan on ftping over some files but I can't connect.  huh!  So I check the system info and the network information says  "static; no link;  ; and the mac address is completely wrong and changes everytime I restart the xbox.  I have it set to DHCP in the settings, it was always set on DHCP, I never changed it from DHCP, but still it somehow found a way, while it was turned off, to access the software, change something, and now no matter what build I install the problem is permanently embedded into my xbox I guess because I deleted and replaced every single file and folder in xbmc and no help.  Now I know that everything is set up right, I didn't touch anything or do anything when it was working and then one day I wake up and xbmc has no internet which for all intents and purposes renders the program useless as shoutcast and scripts and kai and all the other great uses it makes of the internet  ARE GONE!!!  Please somebody help me, I don't know that much about this stuff and I am at my ends.   :grr:  :grr: <

Tsharkou

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »

Well you're not alone in this because this happened to me yesterday.  I can see that it is DHCP and I get the RSS Feed at the top and can connect to KIA but I can't FTP at all, don't know why but it just stopped working in the middle of a transfer and won't reconnect and has been this way since yesterday morning. <

jrl2222

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »

Are you sure that it is a problem with XBMC? Do you use a router? Maybe it isn't giving the Xbox an IP for some reason. Try manually setting the Xbox to a static IP. Also try booting to MSdash and check if your getting an IP there. This will narrow it down to router or not. I know that my IP changed once when I played with some settings and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't ftp in. Then I realized it changed from one IP to another IP#.

This post has been edited by jrl2222: Feb 22 2005, 09:52 PM <

Tsharkou

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

That may not work as I can see an IP address and can do everything but FTP or Web Control and I can FTP via UnleashX using the same IP that is displayed on XBMC....

I can....
SMB
KIA
RSS
WebRadio

This post has been edited by Tsharkou: Feb 22 2005, 09:58 PM <

happytimeharry

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

Well it sounds like my problem is slightly different than yours tsharkou.  I can ftp over in config live or evox but as soon as I go into xbmc the xbox loses its connection.  Like I said originally in the system info it says:  "type:static;  link: no link;  ip:  ;  MAC: is usually 200032003200 although I have seen one or two other values there.  Now I know that this is wrong because evox, which can connect to my xbox, has a different mac and that one doesn't change.  I just don't get it because I didn't change anything in xbmc or my router and now it won't find my connection. <

happytimeharry

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

Bump............
please someone help me before this post falls off the face of the front page!!!!! <

tslayer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

Do you have TSR enabled in evox?  If so, disable it.  Having TSR enabled has been known to cause an issue like this.

TS
 <

tslayer

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

Double post...

This post has been edited by tslayer: Feb 23 2005, 04:23 AM <

happytimeharry

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »

My god tslayer you rock!!! :D
It actually didn't need to be disabled but it reminded me that I changed it from normal, which is what it was by default, to debug because of something I was trying to run I forget what now.  So all I had to do was change it back to normal.  It appeared that changing this changed the value of my xbox mac address in xmbc, is this supposed to be happening?  Anyways thank you soooo much I had pretty much given up as I was going to bed, you made my day.  cheers!    :beer: <

tslayer

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(happytimeharry @ Feb 23 2005, 05:09 AM)
My god tslayer you rock!!! :D
It actually didn't need to be disabled but it reminded me that I changed it from normal, which is what it was by default, to debug because of something I was trying to run I forget what now.  So all I had to do was change it back to normal.  It appeared that changing this changed the value of my xbox mac address in xmbc, is this supposed to be happening?  Anyways thank you soooo much I had pretty much given up as I was going to bed, you made my day.  cheers!    :beer:

No problem.  Glad I could help.  Not sure why evox does that.

TS
 <