xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Xbox360 Homebrew in Progress: MAME360, ScummVM  (Read 1817 times)

Libtoem

• Archived User
Xbox360 Homebrew in Progress: MAME360, ScummVM
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »

Dude Im not pissed at all,its not your fault.Also one of the best places to talk about this kind of stuff is msn messenger,yahoo,aol and such.And I know your just excited about getting the emu's,so its no big deal.
I bet you only have two emu's and thats good enough.

Mhawk134

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »

I've got 3 and the source code for 2 more. The only others I would like are N64 and NES, but I'm not sure if they exist or not.

Hawk

-DeToX-

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mhawk134 @ Apr 21 2009, 03:11 PM) View Post

I dont give out stuff that I was asked not too, so dont worry about that.

No you don't. You just do things like post about you obtaining that certain leaked file on a public forum in a sad attempt to gain some fame.

I also don't recall the author giving you permission to use it, or post about it..

Why don't I go steal your hard work you spent a lot of time in, and post about how cool it is, and that I got a leaked copy and I'm so proud I'm going to tell everyone... I don't know about you, but as the author that would quite anger me... I've had tons of my research stolen by little kids who have sold it, and them obtaining it and leaking it further or talking about it publicly is definitely out of any intentions I had wished for the project..

Have some fucking respect..

Mhawk134

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »

Well I'm not going to sell the software, and as I have stated I dont even know who the author is, so odviously I dont have permission to use it.  If he did not want his hard work to get out he should not have gave it out.  I have respect for the author it's a great app, I've never bashed it one bit.  Maybe if the people that did get it didn't give it out then the author wouldn't have to worry.  It's not my fault that people give out stuff, but I'm not, not going to ask for something.  If people don't have it or will not give it out thats fine.  But who ever does share it falls on them to make sure that the people they give it to will not give it out, don't get me wrong I'm glad that I did get it though.  And this is a topic that was made to talk about the software thats all that I was doing.  Like I said sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

Hawk

-DeToX-

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mhawk134 @ Apr 21 2009, 10:03 PM) *

Well I'm not going to sell the software, and as I have stated I dont even know who the author is, so odviously I dont have permission to use it.  If he did not want his hard work to get out he should not have gave it out.  I have respect for the author it's a great app, I've never bashed it one bit.  Maybe if the people that did get it didn't give it out then the author wouldn't have to worry.  It's not my fault that people give out stuff, but I'm not, not going to ask for something.  If people don't have it or will not give it out thats fine.  But who ever does share it falls on them to make sure that the people they give it to will not give it out, don't get me wrong I'm glad that I did get it though.  And this is a topic that was made to talk about the software thats all that I was doing.  Like I said sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

Hawk

What an ignorant and stupid thing to say. If he wanted to give his work to a friend, and not want it leaked, then the dumbass leaker shouldn't have leaked it.. Don't blame it on the developer.. Because what damn developer would want his own app leaked. Someone out there wanted to share it unauthorized and it got out..

We don't care you got the program, it's..

It is not your fault people leak something to you, but it's your fault you come here and post publically about it in a sad attempt to gain attention..

Good job.

This post has been edited by -DeToX-: Apr 23 2009, 07:01 PM

Mhawk134

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »

Ok this is getting out of hand, the developer gave it out to someone that shared it, like I said it's not my fault that the developers friends decided to give it out.  If I wanted to gain attention I would post the the thing on the net for all to use, have I done that no I have not, I talked about it thats all. And unless your the developer or you are the one that gave it to the guy that I got it from then it really isn't any of your business. Everytime I get something even if I don't talk about it your in my business asking who I got it from how I got it, does it really matter to you that much. I know you've done alot for dev consoles and I respect that, but I dont respect the attitude that you have towards me every time I get something.  

I've not once gave anything out that I've gotten all I do is talk about it, I was unaware that freedom of speech was taken away because I had something that I wasn't supposed to have. I'll make sure next time someone shares something that you'll be the first person I tell. Like Zouzzz told you there was no leak, it was just shared, I'm not the only one he gave it too either and they talk about it on those forums so why can't I, now if I was to turn around and post rapidshare links then that would be a leak, have I done that no, will I do that no. It's better to give the stuff to me then to give it to the people that gave it to me.  Because people that do not care are out there and will give stuff up by simply asking, while I thank them for what they do, I do however understand why people like you would get mad.  

With that being said let this topic die again you know how to reach me if you have anything else you want to say.

And as for the topic I'll post a youtube vid of the software in action so that others can feel the same excitement that I do about the emulator, once you edit the INI you can play the games from your HDD way better then USB, but u can still load them via usb if you choose.

Hawk

This post has been edited by Mhawk134: Apr 23 2009, 11:46 PM

jhonnypolak

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2010, 01:29:00 AM »

I thought it would be fitting to bring up this old thread.

Is anyone working on porting a new version of MAME to the 360 now that homebrew is available for retail boxes ?

locvez

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2010, 03:03:00 AM »

As far as i'm aware, MAME360 has already had a public release, and it works great, i'm sure it's at the usual places, can't remember what version is up but it works, and it's great.

metalguitarist112

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »

It is 2 years out of date, which means you can't play newer roms.

locvez

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2010, 02:13:00 AM »

Ahh, i see. Thanks for the clarification there, i didn't know that smile.gif

althena

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2010, 04:10:00 AM »

Also MAME360 was a nice proof of concept and actually really useful for older roms but not doesn't seem to be using the full potential of the Xbox 360s hardware, many games that didn't run full speed on the Xbox 1 are still doing so under MAME360.
A new MAME360 would be awesome of course, this is one project that would really profit from the Xbox 360s power and could surpass this way the already wonderful MAME ports on the Xbox 1  cool.gif

theguru1

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »

why was development stopped?? this is an awesome emulator...the power of the xbox 360 when make it very fast and stable...i wish i had the knowledge....to carry it on

HiGhLaNdR

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

Anyone tried Run and Gun (Slam Dunk)?
It's full of artifacts... sad.gif
Pitty there's no progress on mame for 360...!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]