xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Easy Gui Freebooter 12611  (Read 1007 times)

sneakypeanut

• Archived User
Easy Gui Freebooter 12611
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(GOG3 @ Nov 12 2010, 05:14 PM) *

Thanks for the reply, but I'm using Win 7 x64 and have a Zephyr, not a Jasper.

lol i didnt mean to quote you i think i pressed quote on an hour old page so it just did the last post

DiamondKing1976

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »

Just tried update. My fans went ballistic, 100%. Luckily I was able to boot into Xellous.

I have 2 bad blocks. I thought Xell was supposed to relocate bad blocks for you?

Last time I updated, I moved the bad blocks and it worked. I had a hell of a time finding a tut that was clear and easy to follow. What tut do you guys recommend?

majoridiot

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(sneakypeanut @ Nov 12 2010, 10:01 AM) View Post

this link comes up as file unavailable...

is it- or can it be- reposted somewhere else?  the only box i run with windoze is XP.

if not, i guess i'll build it from the command line.

thanks!

sneakypeanut

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(majoridiot @ Nov 12 2010, 06:08 PM) View Post

this link comes up as file unavailable...

is it- or can it be- reposted somewhere else?  the only box i run with windoze is XP.

if not, i guess i'll build it from the command line.

thanks!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6BYB4FK6
http://rapidshare.co...6/Easy_Jtag.exe

clouduz

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »

Okay I want to try this later today I have a few questions.

1. use my original nand dump or the current freeboot one?

2. Is it okay to use on a 512mb Jasper?

3. Had someone solder the wires for me and not sure if they bridged or removed the resistor can I still update safely?

Thankyou for any help provided

majoridiot

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(sneakypeanut @ Nov 12 2010, 11:32 AM) View Post

thanks for the fast reply sneakypeanut, but neither link seems to be working.  even tried both from 2 different ISPs, so don't know what the deal is.

will approach it from the ol' cmd.  so much for the lazy-way.  heh.

sneakypeanut

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(majoridiot @ Nov 12 2010, 06:45 PM) View Post

thanks for the fast reply sneakypeanut, but neither link seems to be working.  even tried both from 2 different ISPs, so don't know what the deal is.

will approach it from the ol' cmd.  so much for the lazy-way.  heh.

Yeah i dont even use my own tool cos i own a Jasper512 yeah good old cmd i guess you could do it with bat files

antz1970

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »

ok i have a couple of questions , i am currently running xbr3 , will this tool work with my original dump of the nand or am i better getting a xbr3 dump from my 360?

does this tool include the various patches(im not too fussed about dashlaunch but i am interested in the ping removal)

thanks in advance for any help , and sorry for asking noob questions biggrin.gif

Remmnever

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »

I used this tool with my Jasper 16mb and it is worked great. I am downloading the system update (avatar update) now so I can actually play kinect games. After I get that installed I should be good. I put in my Kinect Adventures disk and it just said I needed system update but wouldn't give me the option of installing it. So I am just downloading it on my own and will install via USB.

sneakypeanut

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Remmnever @ Nov 12 2010, 08:06 PM) *

I used this tool with my Jasper 16mb and it is worked great. I am downloading the system update (avatar update) now so I can actually play kinect games. After I get that installed I should be good. I put in my Kinect Adventures disk and it just said I needed system update but wouldn't give me the option of installing it. So I am just downloading it on my own and will install via USB.

Nice to hear a Jasper working

Remmnever

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(sneakypeanut @ Nov 12 2010, 11:19 AM) View Post

Nice to hear a Jasper working

Thanks, seems like its always the big block jaspers that have the problems, my 16mb has always been pretty easy to update.

I also just wanted to update that I downloaded the avatar update and put it on a flash drive. Installed the update and I got E71. I just turned off the jtag and took out the flash drive and it booted up perfectly and my kinect is working great. I just finished playing some Kinect Adventures.

Thanks again for your work, makes updating really easy and painless.

Chris85

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »

This is good news

Suck for me, I just completely killed my non-jtagable 360 with kinect dash by reflowing a few mins ago. I was desperate to play the kinect games without the 360 going RROD, got fed up and went for a reflow. I should have read the forum earlier and just update my jtaged console.  rolleyes.gif

Gonna try now, hope I dont kill my last box  biggrin.gif

melkia

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 03:43:00 PM »

ok I need some help.

I have a jasper 16 mb with a cygnos v2 and xbr3.  I have the original nand, and cpu key.  but I read somewhere up above that I have to inject the Cygnos V2 patched version of smc.bin back into my image.  wtf is that and how do I do that and will this tool help me do that.  I did not originally mod my box thus the questions, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

majoridiot

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »

i was finally able to get the needed files and get this working.  if anyone is having problems, just be prepared to hit "refresh" on the links every 30 seconds or so... these are POPULAR files.

i just didn't have it in me to sort 40+ 360 nands and write my own .bats today.

thanks for the great tool, sneakypeanut... even as rough around the edges as it is, it is greatly appreciated.  especially so quickly after the fbuild release.

for anyone fighting getting it to work in XP, here's what i found (your mileage on vista and 7 may vary):

get the "basic" package linked

get the "xp fix"

copy the .exe from the xp fix into the basic package folder (answer yes, when warned- you want to replace the one there)

then, copy the original nand file (either the stock nand dump or a freeboot .32 dump) into the package folder with the easy jtag .exe.

run as advertised, apply the M$ system update and dashlaunch 2.04 and yer in binness.

at least for me, it was a total fail- for varying and confusing-error-reasons, until the original nand was in the package folder.  then it built like a treat.

thanks again sneakypeanut!

sneakypeanut

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(majoridiot @ Nov 12 2010, 11:59 PM) View Post

i was finally able to get the needed files and get this working.  if anyone is having problems, just be prepared to hit "refresh" on the links every 30 seconds or so... these are POPULAR files.

i just didn't have it in me to sort 40+ 360 nands and write my own .bats today.

thanks for the great tool, sneakypeanut... even as rough around the edges as it is, it is greatly appreciated.  especially so quickly after the fbuild release.

for anyone fighting getting it to work in XP, here's what i found (your mileage on vista and 7 may vary):

get the "basic" package linked

get the "xp fix"

copy the .exe from the xp fix into the basic package folder (answer yes, when warned- you want to replace the one there)

then, copy the original nand file (either the stock nand dump or a freeboot .32 dump) into the package folder with the easy jtag .exe.

run as advertised, apply the M$ system update and dashlaunch 2.04 and yer in binness.

at least for me, it was a total fail- for varying and confusing-error-reasons, until the original nand was in the package folder.  then it built like a treat.

thanks again sneakypeanut!

<3 i think a few of the problems are down to FBbuild but im trying my hardest to fix the xp glitches but its mostly todo with fbbuild
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8