xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Waves Patcher v1.2.5  (Read 170 times)

SoulHeaven

• Archived User
Waves Patcher v1.2.5
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »

yes it is.

The supposed Wave5 is not a true Wave 5, because the PFI is the same for Wave 4 and 5.

In consequence my software doesn't need to be updated. The Wave5 is knowed as Wave4 and patch works perfectly.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Waves Patcher v1.2.5
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(bogeyman @ Jan 5 2010, 03:31 PM) *

so if i have an old liteon drive which does not play the wave4 games and i patch 1 of the latest games to the wave3 on the program then this will allow it to boot up sorry abt them dumb question but im pretty new to this cheers for any help

just remember that its your responsibility to get the dashboard updates. the wave patcher replaces the new update with an older one that your firmware will boot. as a result, when the game boots, it still has the same requirement for the dashboard, and won't boot if your system isn't running it. it will just say "you need a system update, ok/cancel", and then the update will fail, and you'll be sent back to the dash.

you can get the updates from xbox.com, or live, or retail wave 4/5 discs, or pretty much anywhere.

QUOTE(SoulHeaven @ Jan 6 2010, 12:26 PM) *

yes it is.

The supposed Wave5 is not a true Wave 5, because the PFI is the same for Wave 4 and 5.

In consequence my software doesn't need to be updated. The Wave5 is knowed as Wave4 and patch works perfectly.

dumb question, but if the pfi is the same, what is the difference and the reason that l4d2 was acknowledged as wave5?

This post has been edited by Reaper527: Jan 6 2010, 09:08 PM

rwcottrell

• Archived User
Waves Patcher v1.2.5
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 03:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jan 6 2010, 02:06 PM) *

just remember that its your responsibility to get the dashboard updates. the wave patcher replaces the new update with an older one that your firmware will boot. as a result, when the game boots, it still has the same requirement for the dashboard, and won't boot if your system isn't running it. it will just say "you need a system update, ok/cancel", and then the update will fail, and you'll be sent back to the dash.

you can get the updates from xbox.com, or live, or retail wave 4/5 discs, or pretty much anywhere.
dumb question, but if the pfi is the same, what is the difference and the reason that l4d2 was acknowledged as wave5?
great question

SoulHeaven

• Archived User
Waves Patcher v1.2.5
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 05:37:00 AM »

Cause of the video partition.

Now we have game avatar gift on the partition video.

In consequence, all new game proposing game avatar gift, will have a new partition video and so a "new" wave.

But the PFI is still the same "Wave4". In consequence my software works great with these "new" waves.

To moderators, please change the official website to http://consoles.librasoft.fr/
To take always the last version of the software, you can download it here : http://www.librasoft.fr/360WavesPatcher/Install/

Thanks

firstbeerman

• Archived User
Waves Patcher v1.2.5
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »

for some reason I cannot get this program to install on my computer.  It hangs and wont continue.  any idea what might be going on?  the process that seems to be freezing is WDSetup.exe.....Thanks for you help.

This post has been edited by firstbeerman: Feb 21 2010, 12:52 AM
Pages: 1 [2]