xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: H3unlock  (Read 687 times)

trentdadi

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »

This is pretty awesome!  I may have to finally give in and buy a new console to mod it.  I absolutely loved NMP and CXE for Halo: CE.  Anyone remember the Flood Gulch map?  Wow this brings back a ton of good memories.

slasherking823

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »

lacking some effect, i guess i need to swap some coords, any hints detox?
IPB Image

-DeToX-

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2009, 05:46:00 AM »

Yeah slasher, use the Gauss turret model from when it's blown up, so you just hold the cannon, and not the support. However you'll need to play around with rotation/position I believe.

That'll get you the same effect as the image in my first post.

-DeToX-

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »

Extract files from ISO using http://dwl.xbox-scen...rowser_v1.0.zip
~Created by Redline99.

Once extracted, use H3Unlock to patch it, and you can put the files somewhere on your HDD and use XEXLoader to boot it.

Enjoy.

-DeToX-

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »

You do not match the XEX of the ODST disc 2. You patch the Retail Halo 3's XEX using a 1.2 patch such as 1.2 Ultimate, and you can use that XEX for ODST disc 2. It says that in the main post.

Also saving in the tag editor of alteration doesn't show a done message box, but it did it.

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »

Guys, please keep your posts relevant to the topic at-hand, or they're going to be removed. There were a fair amount of replies that I removed from this thread, from the same group of members.

Things like needless flaming and insulting will most likely place a mute on your account as a warning. Also, keep in mind that re-posting replies that you've noticed were deleted will probably result in the same action.

-DeToX-

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2009, 05:45:00 AM »

Download the new version I posted some pages back that allowed you to ignore the "this xex is not clean" dialog.

Sometimes the XEXs have minimal changes from region to region, so this tool is checking for a US version of ODST and Halo 3, so the patches should still work with other regions, just ignore the dialog saying the XEX isn't clean using the new build.

ddxcb

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Misterturtle @ Dec 11 2009, 04:47 PM) View Post

Ok so having a little problem here.

I ripped a halo 3 odst disc 2, took the default.xex off of a regular halo 3 game, replaced the odst xex with the halo 3 xex. Used h3unlock to patch the xex as an odst patch. (I had to get the h3unlock without checks because it was saying it wasn't a clean copy...) then made a halo 3 folder with all the game data in it and put it on my hard drive through xplorer 360.

Booted up my xbox and went to xexloader, navagated to where i copied halo to. Opened up the folder, and ran the default.xex.

It goes black then says unreadable disc.

What gives? lol

I lol ur trying to load an odst xex for a halo 3 game fail.

Misterturtle

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »

no...

took the default.xex off of a regular halo 3 game, replaced the odst xex with the halo 3 xex.

i replaced the odst xex WITH the halo 3 xex

damonnomad

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Misterturtle @ Dec 12 2009, 10:27 AM) View Post

no...

took the default.xex off of a regular halo 3 game, replaced the odst xex with the halo 3 xex.

i replaced the odst xex WITH the halo 3 xex

Then he meant to say:

I lol ur trying to load an halo3 xex for a odst game fail.

Unless you mean you are swapping the halo3 xex with the xex from the halo3 disk that comes with odst.

That is what you should be doing.

1nsan3

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »

halo once again getting modded. this is gonna turn out like the old Halo modding. Mod & Cheat fest.
another reason why i stay out of halo..

InsaneNutter

• Recovered User
    • Digiex
H3unlock
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(1nsan3 @ Dec 12 2009, 11:24 PM) View Post

halo once again getting modded. this is gonna turn out like the old Halo modding. Mod & Cheat fest.
another reason why i stay out of halo..

Even if you did somehow get on live im sure you would soon be banned with this anyway.

-DeToX-

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »

I don't forsee this becoming a cheatfest. I didn't touch any part of the code that kicks someone from the game if their map files are different.. So you can only play with another person if your map files are the same..

Also someone contacted me about putting their patched Halo 3 1.2 Ultimate xex into ODST disc 2, and it didn't work.

As I stated in the main post, some people recommended X360GameHack'ing or xextool'ing the DLLs in the game as well. I suggested this user do that as well, and that fixed any problems he had.

Cheers.

ddxcb

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(worf65 @ Dec 14 2009, 10:52 AM) View Post

does this patcher allow halo to load using xex loader or are so i have to use xex tools separately to allow halo to load without the disc? I used the halo 3 1.2 ultimate patch on the halo 3 xex from the original halo 3 disc but when I tried to load halo 3 I got a "disc unreadable" error.

As I stated in the main post, USE X360GameHack'ing or xextool'ing the DLLs in the game as well. I suggested this user do that as well, and that fixed any problems he had.

Cheers.

redspike

• Archived User
H3unlock
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2009, 08:25:00 PM »

fantastic release thanks ! ive waited ages for modding halo 3,

ive managed to make a few mods allready but only basic stuff to test .

any news on bitmap viewing/injection? i really want to start making some skins !!

thanks again detox and everyone that made this release possible.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5