xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Xplorer360 For 250gb Drives  (Read 532 times)

aristurtle

• Archived User
Xplorer360 For 250gb Drives
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(xamphear @ Oct 29 2009, 08:27 AM) *

I don't see anything wrong with your steps, and I'm on Win7x64 as well. The only issue is why you cant drag and drop content into Xplorer. Are you running it with admin rights? If so, maybe you can't drag copy from a windows folder that's in effect running with different permissions. I can't swear that the inject feature works because I don't use it and didn't test it. But there are loads of people reporting success with the tool so far, your experience is definitely unique in some way.

Edit: Ahh, looks like someone else had the same "run as admin" complications thought as me. That must be what's going on. Try doing that, or giving your account admin privs.

I figured out the problem, and it was goddamn UAC.

I was running Xplorer360 as admin, of course, because otherwise it doesn't even see the drive. Thing is, Windows Explorer was not run as admin. Apparently, you can drag and drop from an admin program to a non-admin program just fine, but not vice versa. (Also apparently, the menu options for "Inject folder", etc. don't work)

Note: after disabling UAC, you need to reboot. That also bit me in the ass. This whole ordeal had me turning into a gibbering crazy person for a little while there. But hey, now it's over and I have a 7200RPM 250GB drive and it didn't cost $TEXAS.

Roupus

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »

What kind of HDD will be compatible with this?  All WD's?

veekay

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »

I've done the transfer twice with the MS kit (Elite) from a 120 -> 250 and it worked fine.

Piratesmustperish

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 04:45:00 AM »

I know this is for the Scorpio drives but has any tried using a WD hard drive from one of their mypassports external drives?  I have a 250 lying around that I figured I could put to use in my xbox but I dont want to go through all the trouble if someone has already tried this and it didn't work.

BigIg91

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Piratesmustperish @ Oct 30 2009, 06:45 AM) View Post

I know this is for the Scorpio drives but has any tried using a WD hard drive from one of their mypassports external drives?  I have a 250 lying around that I figured I could put to use in my xbox but I dont want to go through all the trouble if someone has already tried this and it didn't work.

There is a chance that the drive inside the inclosure could be a compatible model. Nothing you can do but open it up and find out.

Strumpet

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »

60 gb works fine and dandy, althought I can't see my folders in partition 3 ( using turbo2 as stated in here ), when I created backup I can explore the extract folders from image backup fine using xport 2.08

But when I plug my 250gb hdd in I can't get a sniff of it , just get the fatx error from xplorer

Using a ck3 pro kit , On windows 7 and cranked the UAC all the way down and did a restart . Ran as admin but still no luck . Strange things are happening to me and its getting quite frustrating sad.gif

Would be eternally grateful if someone could shed some light on the problem , driving me gaga  sad.gif

Also sorry to harp on but I'm wondering is it just a case of switching over the content , cache and media folders over to essnetially migrate all profiles and dlc ?

( I have a lot of dlc and slow download so think I would be quicker copying over all of cache as well )

bsorensen

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »

i'm lost

i have trolled every where i can to try and figure this out.

my new 250gb drive works, but i can't get my data over.

here is what i've done.

1. flashed the new drive,
2. formatted in the xbox, works I can recover game tag and DLC etc
3. used the 120 version of xplorer to copy partion 2 and 3 from my 20 gig drive to my pc
4. used the 250 version of xplorer to copy everything back to the new drive
5. drive loads up, says there are no profiles
6. memory shows they are there, but corrupted
7. recovered my tag
8. opened a game, says game save is corrupted
9. tried this with multiple games, all corrupted.

did i do something wrong?
should i just get a transfer kit?

thanks in advance

kubebot

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(veekay @ Oct 30 2009, 03:54 AM) *

I've done the transfer twice with the MS kit (Elite) from a 120 -> 250 and it worked fine.

What was your configuration? Meaning which drive in which 20/60/120GB enclosure?
Also do remember which USB port was used?

I've already transferred over most of my stuff with Xplorer + memory unit, but some saves
are locked to my 120GB hdd.

Thanks in advanced.

EDIT* I found this on IGN.

"Depends on the software version on the disk you use. The older version specifically says 20G to 120G. The newer version doesn't specify drive sizes, only that you can go equal to or larger but never down in size."

This post has been edited by kubebot: Oct 31 2009, 07:41 PM

F-Forward

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »

Ok, I think I have found a strange bug. Using Right click > Inject folder function causes the same error other has seen, content not showing up and not working.
Drag and drop on the other hand works just fine!

Swahili

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »

Anyone know how long time it should take to inject the content back? I was on a 20gb and damn it seems like its gonna take a week or something. It moves the cache files one at a time and each one takes about 3 sec. Normal?

Arijohn

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(bsorensen @ Oct 31 2009, 10:14 AM) View Post

i'm lost
i have trolled every where i can to try and figure this out.

my new 250gb drive works, but i can't get my data over.

here is what i've done.

1. flashed the new drive,
2. formatted in the xbox, works I can recover game tag and DLC etc
3. used the 120 version of xplorer to copy partion 2 and 3 from my 20 gig drive to my pc
4. used the 250 version of xplorer to copy everything back to the new drive
5. drive loads up, says there are no profiles
6. memory shows they are there, but corrupted
7. recovered my tag
8. opened a game, says game save is corrupted
9. tried this with multiple games, all corrupted.

did i do something wrong?
should i just get a transfer kit?
thanks in advance

Yes. I was having the same issues trying to transfer a 120 to a 250 and couldnt get xplorer to work, borrowed a friends transfer cable burned a copy of the transfer disk that u can find in the usual places. and my 250 works perfect on my new dashboard!! i had to redownload facebook but thats a minor inconvenience.

K1LLERHORNET

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 07:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Swahili @ Nov 2 2009, 10:21 PM) View Post

Anyone know how long time it should take to inject the content back? I was on a 20gb and damn it seems like its gonna take a week or something. It moves the cache files one at a time and each one takes about 3 sec. Normal?

Yes - same thing happened to me.

I had around 52GB of content on my 120GB : |

Was taking way too long to transfer, but thought i'd give it a chance.
After around 30mins of transferring, Xplorer errored out & crashed; apparently Xplorer can't handle more than 256 files at a time >:(

So i just wrote down everything i had on my HDD & went through my download list & redownloaded everything.
Seemed like my only option at the time.

I really should get ahold of one of those transfer cables smile.gif

WarriorSan

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »

I got a strange problem using this version of xplorer360 so maybe somebody can help me out..

I have a WD3200BEVT converted to 120 GB. First I backed up my data using xplorer360 extreme 2 (also couldn't handle more than 256 files at a time sad.gif ). Then I used HDDHackr v1.22 Build 20091022 with 250 GB HDDSS.BIN to convert to 250 GB HDD. The Xbox 360 recognizes the HDD and after formatting it got 228 GB left..

Now when I open xplorer360 250 GB version to put my data back, when I choose Drive -> Open -> Harddrive or Memcard it takes a few seconds and then the program closes. I tried everything from running the program as administrator / turning UAC off / virus scanner off / running the program under administrator account / connecting to HDD without formatting on the Xbox 360 / after formatting on the Xbox 360 / after account recovery blink.gif I have windows 7 32 Bit uhh.gif

iwillrace

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »

Sorry to sound like a noob but i cant seem to find what drives can be used with this 250gb self upgrade

gazeddy

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »

cant download from mediafire but i made yor chnges to extreme2 and it seems to be working now. cheers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5