xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: 360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 3  (Read 1195 times)

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 Revision 3
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2009, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(bongkong @ Jul 2 2009, 01:23 PM) View Post

Hello All & Mr. Frosty,

I borrowed a friends CK3 kit and I do not have a serial port on my computer.  However, he gave me a usb/serial adapter cable.  Will this work with Frosty's software?  His notes say something like No USB Support.

If this usb/serial adapter cable will not work, can I extract the key using this tutorial from the xecutor site:  
http://team-xecuter....iteon_probe.htm

and use the resulting files with the advanced menu in Frosty's software?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nope, no support for USB extractors... sad.gif

But yes, you can follow that tutorial to create the necessary files, however, you also need to convert those files to an iXtreme firmware file for your Lite-On 360 DVD Drive too.

You can use JungleFlasher or DummyGen to do this, or, alternatively you can dump those files, then e-mail them to me and I can create your firmware for you. smile.gif

Then after you have created your iXtreme firmware file (or I have made one for you, either way works) you can then use the advanced menus to flash the file to your Lite-On 360 DVD Drive.

kaosstar

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »

Hey everyone.
At first I couldn't get the drive to dump, but I fixed that by doing as frosty suggested and changing my VIA card to another PCI slot. So now I got the original to dump, but it just hangs at the "Press any key to continue" screen. I'm using a PS/2 keyboard and I try pressing every button, but nothing happens. Also, I'm using a Sammy drive spoofed as a Hitachi Drive. Should I be doing anything differently, like using the custom steps?

Edit: I took out the USB flash drive and saw that my original .bin was not actually written to it. Also, tried using the MS-DOS bootfiles in case it was some sort of weird I/O error. The same thing happened, but it was accompanied by a perpetual system beep.

Mez

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »

Frosty when will you be releasing your new version of the disc? It has worked well and im looking forward to seeing the new release since i am unable to boot the usb flash properly.

LEON007

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mez @ Jul 8 2009, 06:35 PM) View Post

Frosty when will you be releasing your new version of the disc? It has worked well and im looking forward to seeing the new release since i am unable to boot the usb flash properly.

If you want to use CD version then you can make it yourself. Copy the files from the Frosty's current release then inject the file to any DOS boot image. I prefer win 98 installation boot image. Then burn it. Actually this is the basic concept, I don't know if Frosty use any different method or any special files for CD version. He will be the best to confirm.

If you are unable to inject the files into boot image then first write the files from the USB release to a blank CD then insert any win 98 install cd-restart, boot into DOS, then eject the cd, and insert the Frosty's CD. After that run the required batch files.

@Frosty

If we use old NTFS for DOS boot cd will we use your latest USB release from the hard disc?? Old iPrep way.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(LEON007 @ Jul 8 2009, 12:11 PM) View Post

If you want to use CD version then you can make it yourself. Copy the files from the Frosty's current release then inject the file to any DOS boot image. I prefer win 98 installation boot image. Then burn it. Actually this is the basic concept, I don't know if Frosty use any different method or any special files for CD version. He will be the best to confirm.

If you are unable to inject the files into boot image then first write the files from the USB release to a blank CD then insert any win 98 install cd-restart, boot into DOS, then eject the cd, and insert the Frosty's CD. After that run the required batch files.

@Frosty

If we use old NTFS for DOS boot cd will we use your latest USB release from the hard disc?? Old iPrep way.

The above option won't work with the USB version.

The CD version and the USB version are scripted very differently, and cannot be swapped. (files are not compatible)

The CD version has been on the back-burner for me, I just need to muscle-up the energy to do it. Between going to the gym, taking care of the girlfriend, and my friends constantly wanting to party I haven't had the time.

However, your continued interest in the CD version has inspired me to finish the new version. happy.gif

It will be released tomorrow, maybe even later tonight if work is slow for me.

sp0t619

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 05:03:00 PM »

I will be waiting for the CD version as well, as the motherboard I'm using to flash the xbox360 does not support USB Flash drive boots. sad.gif

I'm new to modding a 360, but I have experience in modifying other consoles, so I am pretty literate when it comes to following directions. So, I took a "test" run with the old CD version to see what i'll be expecting and on the on-screen directions I remember it saying unplug the power connecter of the xbox's dvd drive.. Do you literally mean disconnect the power plug from the dvd drive or I can just hit the on/off switch from the console?

Also, I'm going to be flashing a STOCK BenQ VAD6038 drive.. Will I need anything other than this modification setup and a vt6421a sata card/sata cord? Like any other sofware needed or I will be good unlocking/flashing the drive to iXtreme 1.6 with this setup package all-in-one?

Thank you so much in advance.

sp0t619

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »

..oh and also, for flashing the BenQ drive, should I install or NOT install the drivers for the via vt6421a sata chipset?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2009, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(sp0t619 @ Jul 8 2009, 05:03 PM) View Post

I will be waiting for the CD version as well, as the motherboard I'm using to flash the xbox360 does not support USB Flash drive boots. sad.gif

I'm new to modding a 360, but I have experience in modifying other consoles, so I am pretty literate when it comes to following directions. So, I took a "test" run with the old CD version to see what i'll be expecting and on the on-screen directions I remember it saying unplug the power connecter of the xbox's dvd drive.. Do you literally mean disconnect the power plug from the dvd drive or I can just hit the on/off switch from the console?

Also, I'm going to be flashing a STOCK BenQ VAD6038 drive.. Will I need anything other than this modification setup and a vt6421a sata card/sata cord? Like any other sofware needed or I will be good unlocking/flashing the drive to iXtreme 1.6 with this setup package all-in-one?

Thank you so much in advance.

I would recommend literally unplugging the power directly from the BenQ drive instead of using the power button.

Also, yes, you only need a VT6421A/VT6421 card and sata cable, and my software and you are set. Nothing else is required. smile.gif

QUOTE(sp0t619 @ Jul 8 2009, 06:36 PM) View Post

..oh and also, for flashing the BenQ drive, should I install or NOT install the drivers for the via vt6421a sata chipset?

It won't matter if the drivers are installed or not, my software does not use Windows drivers.

However, you might want to install the drivers just so that you can find out which port your VT6421A card uses. smile.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(sp0t619 @ Jul 9 2009, 09:29 AM) View Post

Great. Thanks a lot Frosty..

How's the 360 modification disc (CD version) coming along? No rush or anything, but are you still planning to release it? Can't wait to mod the 360 smile.gif

Yes, I plan to release it tonight if all goes well. smile.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »

* UPDATE *

Revision 2 of the CD version is not completed yet, as I am having issues with my NTFS DOS DRIVER, and PNG viewer competing for conventional memory space... (the current NTFS DOS driver I use is a memory hog)

I have a fix in place, it's just taking longer than expected to implement it.

For now, just continue to use 360 Modification Disc v1.6, and I will try to have Revision 2 completed by Sunday...

woppers

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2009, 07:32:00 PM »

hi frosty!

first of all i wanna say thanks a million for all the hard work you put into the scene. its greatly appreciated.
i flashed my first 2 xboxes only last week. two benq drives and it worked flawlessly for me!  biggrin.gif

i just wish i had the know how to contribute something to it but unfortunitily, i dont! sad.gif

i havent attempted a liteon flash  yet but from what i have been reading, am i correct by saying that i could flash any liteon drive with my ck3 and spear and your modification usb without the need to replace the liteon with another drive???? uhh.gif i have also read something about a serial cable but does the cable need to be modified in any way?

also, i see in your tutorial you have a diagram of a cable for a Lite-On RS232-TTL. do i need one of these and if so, is there anywhere i could buy one of these cables because theres no way in the world i would be able to build something like that!!

thanks again frosty! you rock! biggrin.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2009, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(woppers @ Jul 10 2009, 07:32 PM) View Post

hi frosty!

first of all i wanna say thanks a million for all the hard work you put into the scene. its greatly appreciated.
i flashed my first 2 xboxes only last week. two benq drives and it worked flawlessly for me!  biggrin.gif

i just wish i had the know how to contribute something to it but unfortunitily, i dont! sad.gif

i havent attempted a liteon flash  yet but from what i have been reading, am i correct by saying that i could flash any liteon drive with my ck3 and spear and your modification usb without the need to replace the liteon with another drive???? uhh.gif i have also read something about a serial cable but does the cable need to be modified in any way?

also, i see in your tutorial you have a diagram of a cable for a Lite-On RS232-TTL. do i need one of these and if so, is there anywhere i could buy one of these cables because theres no way in the world i would be able to build something like that!!

thanks again frosty! you rock! biggrin.gif

Awesome! I'm glad my software has worked well for you. smile.gif

The 'Lite-On RS232-TTL.jpg' diagram is nothing but a homemade CK3 lite-style spear. If you already own a CK3 and spear then all you need is a serial cable and you are set, nothing more is required to modify Lite-On drives.

Just follow the steps in the Lite-On modification process and you can modify any Lite-On drive just as easily as the BenQ drives. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(ziga3 @ Jul 11 2009, 03:16 AM) View Post

Hy, I just want to now when do I have to plug in the SATA cable from xbox to the PC and why cant I chose when Im selecting my File system the option FAT(I only have FAT 32 and NTFS, and I have the same sandisk as on the tutorial, but it is 8 GB if that means enything).

Yes, that is normal, you need to have a 2GB flash drive or smaller to use FAT.

However, you can use FAT32 if you want, you just NEED to use the MS-DOS boot files instead of the FreeDOS ones (FreeDOS doesn't support FAT32 with my software, but MS-DOS does). happy.gif

ziga3

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2009, 06:31:00 AM »

Enyone?

woppers

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(ziga3 @ Jul 12 2009, 01:31 PM) View Post

Thanks Frosty. I just want to know now when do I have to plug in the sata cablle, is it before I restart my computer?

dont connect any leads. boot the modificaton usb and follow the on screen instructions. it'll tell you when to connect the cables.

camdogg00

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2009, 01:55:00 PM »

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 and I cant seem to get it to boot from the usb anyone have some hints? I have tried all the different settings and have the USB in one of the rear usb ports.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10