xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 360 Modification USB Drive v1.6  (Read 585 times)

smokeingit

• Archived User
360 Modification USB Drive v1.6
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »

Im glad you finally did what the crew from modcontrol.com did, the boot CD thing was a terrible idea. booting from flash drive makes alot more sense.

DrMaverickRock

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2009, 03:41:00 AM »

Ok, I got it to flash, here's what I did.

I have the rosewill card and used the sata slot closest to the front of the computer. (Slot D if you have the same card)

I used all lowercase letters for benq

I used EC00 (<~~~ Zeros)

Skipped the com Port because that's only for Lite-ons

I am still tyrying to get it to work for the samsung as we speak. first time the error I got was just a hung screen when you were supposed to power cycle the drive. I'll update when I get more info.

DrMaverickRock

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 05:05:00 AM »

Everything went great for the Sammy ms25. One weird note about it though, was that it asked me if I wanted to spoof the drive as MS25. Which I had to think about that for a moment. I said, wait, it's already a ms25... so No. Is this a normal question? And if so, what scenarios would it be useful for? Is there a benefit of using a MS25 over a MS28?

Also one other question. In any of the future released will you allow for the end user change the speeds at which the drive is being flashed? I have a Halo 3 Edition with hdmi, falcon, yeahyeah lala, BenQ drive. And it doesn't like memorex drives when I burn them fast. So I slow them down but the xbox wants to read them too  fast. Basically, I just want to know if you will add an option for us to slow down the drive speed in the 360 during the modding process. Thank you.

Forgive me if I have been repeating myself, I've been up this long without a break trying to figure this out.

Now I can officially say, Thank you very much Frosty, this is an excellent program. You will definitely get some support from me. pm me your pay pal address. I used it, I modded it, and as long as I can slow the speeds down, I will help others do the same.

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 06:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(DrMaverickRock @ May 25 2009, 02:57 AM) View Post

Everything went great for the Sammy ms25. One weird note about it though, was that it asked me if I wanted to spoof the drive as MS25. Which I had to think about that for a moment. I said, wait, it's already a ms25... so No. Is this a normal question? And if so, what scenarios would it be useful for? Is there a benefit of using a MS25 over a MS28?

Also one other question. In any of the future released will you allow for the end user change the speeds at which the drive is being flashed? I have a Halo 3 Edition with hdmi, falcon, yeahyeah lala, BenQ drive. And it doesn't like memorex drives when I burn them fast. So I slow them down but the xbox wants to read them too  fast. Basically, I just want to know if you will add an option for us to slow down the drive speed in the 360 during the modding process. Thank you.

Forgive me if I have been repeating myself, I've been up this long without a break trying to figure this out.

Now I can officially say, Thank you very much Frosty, this is an excellent program. You will definitely get some support from me. pm me your pay pal address. I used it, I modded it, and as long as I can slow the speeds down, I will help others do the same.

aubrey_76

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »

Frosty.....

First off...great app..

Second...I have always used Jungle Flasher since it came out. With Jungle Flasher I had to remove the drivers for my VIA 6421 Card.  With the drivers removed, Jungle Flasher has worked perfectly. Now I would love to try your application out because it kind of reminds me of the old Xbox days using the "AutoInstaller" programs. One click access and it was done. Now my question is, do I need to reinstall the drivers for my VIA 6421 card, or do I leave them uninstalled before running this USB Drive?

Thanks in advance and thanks again, I will be donating...

If I do need to reinstall the drivers....which ones do you recommend?

d0pe

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ May 25 2009, 02:31 AM) View Post

* DOUBLE POST *

[snip]

So in response to those concerned about the future of the 360 Modification Disc, don't worry, I will continue to update and joint-release both the 360 Modification Disc and 360 Modification USB Drive in the future.

Release of the revised 'bugfix' versions of both is slated for June 1st.

cool.gif

Thank you for not dropping the disc version! My old WinXP box is so old it can't boot USB drives!
Your disc came in very handy numerous times, couple of lite-on's that didn't erase properly after the erase command in Jungleflasher, so I used your disc to boot into DOS with NTFS support to start L-O-Erase.exe from my local HD. Saved me a lot of time smile.gif

So thanks again your work is much appreciated.

Greetz

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(aubrey_76 @ May 25 2009, 03:23 PM) View Post

Frosty.....

First off...great app..

Second...I have always used Jungle Flasher since it came out. With Jungle Flasher I had to remove the drivers for my VIA 6421 Card.  With the drivers removed, Jungle Flasher has worked perfectly. Now I would love to try your application out because it kind of reminds me of the old Xbox days using the "AutoInstaller" programs. One click access and it was done. Now my question is, do I need to reinstall the drivers for my VIA 6421 card, or do I leave them uninstalled before running this USB Drive?

Thanks in advance and thanks again, I will be donating...

If I do need to reinstall the drivers....which ones do you recommend?

Drivers are not necessary, you just need to know your port. smile.gif

Whatever port you were originally using with JungleFlasher will be the same as with my disc/USB drive. So, if you used 'Primary SATA Port DC00' with JungleFlasher then just use the DC00 port with my disc/USB drive.

NOTE: The DC00 port used in the above example will be a different port on your PC. DC00 is the port I use on my PC, every PC will be different. smile.gif

emuShelly

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2009, 06:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(jkicsak @ May 25 2009, 10:28 PM) View Post

During my usb formatting I experienced a problem with the FAT32 option. An error message indicates the DOS isn't compatible with "FAT32" any ideas or do i have to use a different usb ?

Thank you.

The instructions say to use FAT, not FAT32.

Frosty - great app...I think (still stuck on Reading Bank 0, but doing research to figure that out)

For your next release, in the tutorial for finding the SATA port #, I think it would be beneficial to point out that the correct port may not be the first one listed. Since the top one was circled on the tutorial, I just used that, not realizing that there would be multiple ports for cards with multiple SATA connections.

On my VT 6421, the 2nd port down on the list matched up with the internal port on the card. If I used the first port in the list, I was getting 0x7f error.

Also, anyone know if there's any reason not to use the external port on this 6421 card? Last time I flashed a drive (perhaps a year ago or more) I thought I read something about only the internal port working, so that's what I've been using, and am stuck on that reading bank 0. Should the external port work okay?

Thanks!

TK-101

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2009, 07:46:00 AM »

I'm a first time noob but this tool is so easy to use.
I flashed 4 smasung ms25s in under 10 minutes.
It is so easy to usejava script:emoticon
thanks to the creators laugh.gif
iXtreme 1.6 YAAAAAY

ruggie_uk

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2009, 01:59:00 PM »

For the guys having the skipping past the port request section problem:
I had the same issue - it's because the flash drive sets itself up as drive A: but the batch files all refer to it being drive C:

If you edit ALL the batch files including the ones in the subdirectories and change C: to A: it works perfectly.

Hope this helps you all.

Rugs

TK-101

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »

Thanks frosty once again. Just flashed my BenQ elite drive!

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(ruggie_uk @ May 31 2009, 01:59 PM) View Post

For the guys having the skipping past the port request section problem:
I had the same issue - it's because the flash drive sets itself up as drive A: but the batch files all refer to it being drive C:

If you edit ALL the batch files including the ones in the subdirectories and change C: to A: it works perfectly.

Hope this helps you all.

Rugs

It registers as A: on your PC???

Wow, that is a whole new development issue right there, thanks for the heads up...

I might end up changing the C: references to a custom environment variable such as %BOOTDISK%: or something to that degree, this will assuredly postpone the next release, which is almost finished, i'm just testing a few advanced features that I have added.

Sorry about the late/postponed release... should be out this week though.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(reignman420 @ Jun 4 2009, 12:56 PM) View Post

Frosty,

Will having the VIA drivers installed affect the flashing process? I know you said the drivers are unneccesary but does this mean to uninstall it? Or installed or uninstalled doesn't matter?

Also, I have used 360 Modification USB Drive v1.6 to upgrade from v1.4 to v1.6 on 1 of my 360's (benq) already & it worked flawlessly, but now I want to flash my lite-on. Does this walk you through step by step when running it similar to the benq? Is there anything special / extra needed before setting up bootable flash drive since ck3 is connected to serial port? Do you happen to have a tutorial?

Thanks a lot for all your continued support.

My USB drive and disc both have no interest in Windows drivers, and don't require them, whether they are installed or not.

The only use of having drivers installed is to quickly and easily figure out your VIA card's port, nothing else. You could literally pull your Windows HDD out of your PC and my USB drive and disc will both still work. smile.gif

As long as you have your CK3 plugged in to your serial port and you have a spear/probe the disc will walk you through all the steps for the modification process on Lite-On drives. happy.gif

ruggie_uk

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Jun 4 2009, 04:12 AM) View Post

It registers as A: on your PC???

Wow, that is a whole new development issue right there, thanks for the heads up...

Yes, had to change to msdos on the boot too as my old 478 ich5 board i use for this will not boot from freedos for some reason - don't know if this is related.
Actually on this topic wonder if somebody knows why I cannot boot with a large flash drive on this pc - only a 256mb i've got - my 2Gb or 4GB will not boot at all. Just hangs with a letter j in the top left corner.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2009, 09:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(ruggie_uk @ Jun 5 2009, 09:10 AM) View Post

Yes, had to change to msdos on the boot too as my old 478 ich5 board i use for this will not boot from freedos for some reason - don't know if this is related.
Actually on this topic wonder if somebody knows why I cannot boot with a large flash drive on this pc - only a 256mb i've got - my 2Gb or 4GB will not boot at all. Just hangs with a letter j in the top left corner.

Got it fixed now, I was able to create a script that is able to find the current boot drive letter, then automatically set that drive letter as the %USBDRIVE% environment variable, which my scripting now uses instead of C: references.

For example, instead of commands in my script looking like this: C:\EXAMPLE.EXE

It now looks like this: %USBDRIVE%:\EXAMPLE.EXE

So, what this means is that the script will work properly now regardless of what the BIOS-assigned drive letter of the USB drive is. smile.gif

As far as the MS-DOS/FreeDOS compatibility issues go, I am including the option to create my USB drive using either MS-DOS or FreeDOS in the next version. (both MS-DOS and FreeDOS versions of my USB drive will be available) happy.gif

Beta testing is almost complete, all the extensive scripting changes are working really well (as far as boot drive letter detection goes) and I have also added some extra 'advanced flashing' features too, I expect to release it before Sunday.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5