xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: 360 Modification Disc v1.6  (Read 989 times)

Belloc

• Archived User
360 Modification Disc v1.6
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »

Hmm I wonder if it would work, since all my HDDs are SATA drives, so couldn't I just unplug one of them (Got 3) and plug in the DVD Drive to that one I got free ? Or does it need that controller card ?

Sorry for being so n00bish, but rather be on the safe side smile.gif laugh.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(evilwise @ Jun 23 2009, 10:20 AM) View Post

I'm running into the .Error!. problem first thing at boot as well. I think that I will probably spin the 1.5 version tonight as a stop-gap but unfortunately, my desktop pc does not support USB boot. The bios lists "usb floppy" as a boot option (it's a PcChips M810LR7 motherboard if anybody out there has a bios that supports usb hard drive boot) but that option won't boot your USB mod. I think that a fair number of people may end up stuck between this rock and that hard place. I wish I was better at Linux, I'm sure I have no idea what's causing the boot error on my system and I can understand why you would want to discontinue the boot disc because of the hard drive controlling hassle. I'm pleased that you've decided to keep it up after all but might I suggest you release a USB Boot CD image that's matched to the version of Linux you compile your software with for those of us without USB Boot motherboards? I see a tut for it here and I think I could probably do it myself if I knew what Linux you were running but it would probably be easier for you to release and bundle with your USB package. It might even let you discontinue the disc version after all. Thanks!

Wow, I didn't even know this option existed!

My USB drive just uses MS-DOS/FreeDOS, so it should be supported by this 'USB Boot Disc' quite easily.

Let me look into it, I might include it as a support disc for booting the USB version in the future.

In the mean time, go ahead and feel free to experiment.

QUOTE(Belloc @ Jun 23 2009, 01:21 PM) View Post

Hey all.

New user here on the forums! And might I say, Frosty you did an hell of an great job for Xbox 360 n00bs like myself tongue.gif Would this loveable program of yours work with this controller card Link ?

If so, considering buying one if it works with flashing drives, another last question, does the utility find out what kind of drive you got or ?

Would be nice with some screens, showing the whole process, if that isn't to much to ask for.

Anyways, I don't own an X-Box360 yet, but when the money is for the hardware, I'll 100% will buy one!

Yep, that card will work just fine. smile.gif

My next version will have actual pictures of the steps during the flashing process, I wanted to release it last week but I got too busy with work and real life... but it should be out shortly. smile.gif

QUOTE(Belloc @ Jun 23 2009, 01:49 PM) View Post

Hmm I wonder if it would work, since all my HDDs are SATA drives, so couldn't I just unplug one of them (Got 3) and plug in the DVD Drive to that one I got free ? Or does it need that controller card ?

Sorry for being so n00bish, but rather be on the safe side smile.gif laugh.gif

I would seriously recommend using the card, bad things happen to good people (like accidentally bricking your drive) when they try to use unsupported chipsets... sad.gif

evilwise

• Archived User
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2009, 11:34:00 PM »

Oh! Well what I don't know about linux I DO know about DOS. I whipped this little floppy image up in about an hour. It'll fire up your USB loader in about any computer that might not support USB Booting, like mine doesn't... It should actually boot any dos based bootable usb device. Handy! Too bad your program doesn't support Hitachi drives! At lease some people can probably benefit from my mistake! LoL

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Jun 24 2009, 05:37 AM) View Post

My USB drive just uses MS-DOS/FreeDOS, so it should be supported by this 'USB Boot Disc' quite easily.

Let me look into it, I might include it as a support disc for booting the USB version in the future.

You might want to take a look at this, courtesy of scullc. It uses grub4dos, not sure if evilwise is using something along that line.

Sm0k3d-0uT

• Archived User
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(evilwise @ Jun 24 2009, 01:34 AM) *

Oh! Well what I don't know about linux I DO know about DOS. I whipped this little floppy image up in about an hour. It'll fire up your USB loader in about any computer that might not support USB Booting, like mine doesn't... It should actually boot any dos based bootable usb device. Handy! Too bad your program doesn't support Hitachi drives! At lease some people can probably benefit from my mistake! LoL

Any chance of making this in to a bootable cd Image?
This is exactly what I need but I have no floppy drive.

evilwise

• Archived User
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sm0k3d-0uT @ Jun 24 2009, 03:47 PM) View Post

Any chance of making this in to a bootable cd Image?
This is exactly what I need but I have no floppy drive.

Hokey-dokey. I was wondering if anyone out there was stuck in the wretched twilight of too new to have a floppy drive and too old to have bootable USB. I guess I found out! Here's a bootable ISO of the floppy I compiled. I didn't burn this or test it so if it doesn't boot, let me know. Also, if none of the three USB drivers work for anyone let me know and I'll add some more. I stopped at three because I tested two before the Panasonic 2.2 one worked for me and it seems to have good compatibility but I thought I'd keep the other two in case maybe. That Xboxhdm 2 thing is pretty cool and I'm sure someone put a ton of time into it. Maybe it can boot a USB stick from a disc, I dunno. This usboot image that I made is just a quick and dirty little utility to get the job done.

Sm0k3d-0uT

• Archived User
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(evilwise @ Jun 24 2009, 12:32 PM) *

Hokey-dokey. I was wondering if anyone out there was stuck in the wretched twilight of too new to have a floppy drive and too old to have bootable USB. I guess I found out! Here's a bootable ISO of the floppy I compiled. I didn't burn this or test it so if it doesn't boot, let me know. Also, if none of the three USB drivers work for anyone let me know and I'll add some more. I stopped at three because I tested two before the Panasonic 2.2 one worked for me and it seems to have good compatibility but I thought I'd keep the other two in case maybe. That Xboxhdm 2 thing is pretty cool and I'm sure someone put a ton of time into it. Maybe it can boot a USB stick from a disc, I dunno. This usboot image that I made is just a quick and dirty little utility to get the job done.

Sweet, thanks.

I'll Try this out when I get home and let you know if it worked

RKSport

• Archived User
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »

Hi i have some noob questions.
How i can check if my pc motherboard supports xbox flashing.
I have 2 pc's

1) with MSI K8MM3 VIA VT8237R/VT8237R Plus Chipset
2) with GIGABYTE M61P-S3 nForce 430 chipset

My Xbox 360 is with Falcon board, Lite-On drive, date 2008-07-12.

please answer.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(RKSport @ Jun 26 2009, 08:03 AM) View Post

Hi i have some noob questions.
How i can check if my pc motherboard supports xbox flashing.
I have 2 pc's

1) with MSI K8MM3 VIA VT8237R/VT8237R Plus Chipset
2) with GIGABYTE M61P-S3 nForce 430 chipset

My Xbox 360 is with Falcon board, Lite-On drive, date 2008-07-12.

please answer.

Your GIGABYTE motherboard would work the best with my software, but your MSI motherboard should work just fine too. smile.gif

RKSport

• Archived User
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »

ok thanks for fast reply.

Then all i need is solder that part on drive, connect it to pc.
connect sata cable and boot from your cd ?

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2009, 08:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(evilwise @ Jun 25 2009, 12:32 AM) View Post

Maybe it can boot a USB stick from a disc, I dunno.

Now it does, so grub4dos is a viable method to boot from CD and transfer control to FreeDOS on USB. The best of both worlds.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

*** UPDATE ***

360 Modification Disc v1.6 Revision 2 is out!

You can download it from the 'usual places' (XBINS)

Changes in v1.6 Revision 2:

- Replaced HIMEM.SYS with FDXXMS.SYS (better memory management)
- Typo fixed in HTML code (thanks yaywoop!)
- General code cleanup on all scripts
- Powerpoint-style GUI added
- Disclaimer screen added

Follow this link for the full readme:

http://www.xbins.org...xboxnfo1722.nfo

daman22

• Archived User
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »

should i use this or JF to flash old liteon, 1st flash

logicwatch

• Archived User
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

Hi frosty I know its a bit early in the wave 4 / ixtreme story
but I just hoped that going forward as and when ?
will you be producing a new modification disc for any new firmware ?
I have 5/6 friends and  relations various drives to do ( all for no fee ) and your usb/cd software is my preffered upgrade method and the fastest
thanks in advance biggrin.gif

Dai_

• Archived User
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

Hi.

Sorry to rise this from the grave but, since IX 1.61 is out by now, there'll be a Mod Disc with this updated version?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11