xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Start 120gb Hdd From Scratch  (Read 87 times)

Xoft

• Archived User
Start 120gb Hdd From Scratch
« on: May 16, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »

I have a 120GB Xbox 360 HDD and I've just done a full backup of the image with Xport 360 2.06. I want to erase it so that it's as if I just bought the drive out of the shop.

Can XPort 360 do this? Do I need to use an image from another untouched, 'blank' hard drive and use that? Thanks.

Silent88

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »

You can use the 360 itself to format the hard drive, if that's what you are wanting.

Follow the steps : *You will of course lose all of your data, and will not be able to recover it from your Hard drive after it is formatted*

1.  Start your Xbox 360 console without a disc in the disc tray.
   2. In the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, select Memory to view the Storage Devices area.
   3. In the Storage Devices area, select Hard Drive if you want to format the hard drive or other storage device, and then press the Y button on your Xbox 360 controller or on the remote control.
   4. In the Device Options area, select Format. You receive the following message:
      This will delete all content on this device. Do you want to continue?
   5. To format your Xbox 360 Hard Drive, select Yes.

Xoft

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Silent88 @ May 18 2009, 09:14 PM) *

You can use the 360 itself to format the hard drive, if that's what you are wanting.

Follow the steps : *You will of course lose all of your data, and will not be able to recover it from your Hard drive after it is formatted*

1.  Start your Xbox 360 console without a disc in the disc tray.
   2. In the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard, select Memory to view the Storage Devices area.
   3. In the Storage Devices area, select Hard Drive if you want to format the hard drive or other storage device, and then press the Y button on your Xbox 360 controller or on the remote control.
   4. In the Device Options area, select Format. You receive the following message:
      This will delete all content on this device. Do you want to continue?
   5. To format your Xbox 360 Hard Drive, select Yes.

Thanks, just remembered this but I was just thinking inside of Xport.