xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Doesn't See Pc Anymore  (Read 66 times)

savesheep

• Archived User
360 Doesn't See Pc Anymore
« on: May 13, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »

Hey Everyone!

I have been successfully streaming video (using WMP 11) and audio (using Zune) to my xbox 360 for a few months. I just recently upgraded the CPU in my desktop  -  this was the ONLY change. I didn't reinstall windows, didn't have to. I had to redo my windows activation since it relies on the CPU, but thats it! Now the xbox can't see or talk to the computer. In fact, neither of my xbos 360's, one wired, one wireless can see the PC. But the PC can see both of them.

I have tried everything. I've double checked the services are running, automatic and started. I've disabled sharing and re-enabled it. I even reinstalled ZUNE to recreate the sharing but nothing. uPNP, SSDP, Zune & WMP network sharing services are all running.

I'm just at a loss and I can't figure out what to do next. I run Windows Vista Ultimate with all the current updates. I have also read along places where you can use Windows Media Extender on ultimate to do this - but for the love of me I cannot find where WME is installed on my machine! I've searched everywhere..and just can't find it. So if anyone can point me to its location, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks everyone!