xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Reformat Memory Unit  (Read 72 times)

GenTrapstar

• Archived User
Reformat Memory Unit
« on: March 20, 2009, 12:57:00 AM »

Well I tried adding a file to my MU and when I placed my MU back in the 360 the MU didn't show up on the 360.  So then I went back to xplorer and looked to make sure the file in the right folder.  We the MU popped up and this time the Partition 1 was gone.

So I was like I'll just format on the PC and take it back to the console.  Well did that and that was the biggest mistake, because now the 360 won't pick the MU up, but my computer picks it up.  Now I got a tip that I could format the drive as exFAT or FATX.  Now I installed the windows update that allowed you to format as exFAT.  Well I did that and the 360 still didn't pick it up.

Now I've been searching on how I can format the MU using FATX which I think is the correct format, because xplorer says no FATX device detected.  The person who told me this said they had the same problem and when they reformatted as FATX the 360 saw it and reformatted it.

Now the question is how do I format as FATX and if that don't work can I create the partitions using WinHex just like you would do for a HDD.

Thanks for help I really need it.

GenTrapstar

• Archived User
Reformat Memory Unit
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »

UPDATE:

Well I got up this morning and I turned 360 on. When 360 booted up my controller didnt sync with box. So I kept trying over and over and kept restarting 360. Well I remember last time this happened I just unplugged the box cable from box and controller sync'd up. I just happen to go to memory and the MU popped up. Said it was unformatted. So I reformatted on the 360 and now my MU is working again.

Don't know how that happen. Maybe unplugging the power had something to do with it. All I know is that I restarted 360 like twice last night and MU still didn't show. I wake up and remove power and boom card is working again.