xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: 360 Modification Disc v1.51  (Read 1375 times)

hackajt

• Archived User
360 Modification Disc v1.51
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2009, 05:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(brauntje @ Mar 11 2009, 05:54 AM) *

You can just buy a ck3, I have a ck 3 lite and it works very well. They don't just burn out, they burn out when you do something wrong like plugging the dvd power cable upside down. Then they burn out, but when you use it normal and wisely they don't just burn out.

Thanks for fast reply, i will buy the ck3 Lite or Pro? , but does the ck3 come with the probe or do i have to buy that seprate?

Im looking at Divineo...

brauntje

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2009, 04:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(hackajt @ Mar 11 2009, 12:02 PM) View Post

Thanks for fast reply, i will buy the ck3 Lite or Pro? , but does the ck3 come with the probe or do i have to buy that seprate?
Im looking at Divineo...

If you have the money for it just buy a pro, some extra features are always nice:P But the lite will do fine too, i can flash all drives with it. I think the probe is sold seperatly, although I don't have it. Without a probe you just have to solder 2 quite large points together, wich is very very easy.

I think it's safer to just solder the points than having to use the probe, but about that, I don't have the probe so I don't know.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2009, 04:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(brauntje @ Mar 11 2009, 04:10 AM) View Post

Thank you for your quick answer, I have tried using it on a brand new pc wich is only 1 month old and it came with the same problem. I noticed the 2.88 mb difference and there is a 2.88 mode on my own pc so there shouldn't be any problems I think.  

But when you use the boot disc 1.51, when you type the command samsung, benq or liteon, what is the parameter of the cd. I noticed with v1.5 the cd drive is X:. And when I dir a: it shows my C: drive.

But with the v1.51 the dvd drive is A: and i couldn't dir my hard drive. Strange isn't it?

This evening after my work I shall try it with yet another pc, also an old beast but who knows. If you notice anything strange in my story please let me know. Thanks for your time!

Well on the v1.51 disc the scripting files are no longer located on the CD (like on v1.5), they are now located within the 2.88MB floppy image on the CD.

So, from the A:\> prompt you should just be able to type samsung, benq, or lite-on and it should start the process.

The X:\> drive used to refer to the CD-ROM's file-system on the v1.5 disc, but on the v1.51 disc the CD-ROM file-system is no longer available under DOS due to the fact that all necessary files are located on the A:\> drive now (2.88MB floppy image).

So, are you saying that your HDD is actually mounting as A: now instead of C:?

Have you tried typing 'no' at the NTFS4DOS prompt and then checking the contents of the A: drive? It sounds like NTFS4DOS is mounting your HDD over the floppy image, which is not supposed to happen...

blackg1000

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2009, 05:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(toph3r @ Mar 10 2009, 09:35 PM) *

2.  Following on from this, I used jungleflasher to find out the port my BenQ was on - A800 - I rebooted to the CD, and it said it couldn't send the correct command to the drive against this port IO.  It prompted me whether I should try to continue, I used the CK3 Pro to turn off the BenQ then back on again, and it attempted to send the command; unsuccessfully.  What is happening there?

3. This may seem a basic question, but it's not covered in any of your docs; should the 360 drive be turned ON or OFF upon booting the CD?

4. This comes back to #1, what port do you recommend we plug into on the VIA PCI card? The external port? That's the one i'm currently trying against.

thanks.

I use the VIA card aswell and it was for a BENQ. You should be using the internal port of the card, it is on the opposite end of the card, inside the PC, from the external one, not the one on the side of the card and this should work. For every flash I have ever done this is the port I used and it works perfectly. Having it half open, on etc. when Jungleflasher is on and that should give you a different port number and this should work when using the disc.

Hope this helps.

toph3r

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2009, 05:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(blackg1000 @ Mar 11 2009, 11:24 AM) View Post

I use the VIA card aswell and it was for a BENQ. You should be using the internal port of the card, it is on the opposite end of the card, inside the PC, from the external one, not the one on the side of the card and this should work. For every flash I have ever done this is the port I used and it works perfectly. Having it half open, on etc. when Jungleflasher is on and that should give you a different port number and this should work when using the disc.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

That worked perfectly! It's recognised as AC00, and flashed in Jungleflasher without any issues.  Thanks again! :-)

brauntje

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Mar 11 2009, 12:16 PM) View Post

Well on the v1.51 disc the scripting files are no longer located on the CD (like on v1.5), they are now located within the 2.88MB floppy image on the CD.

So, from the A:\> prompt you should just be able to type samsung, benq, or lite-on and it should start the process.

The X:\> drive used to refer to the CD-ROM's file-system on the v1.5 disc, but on the v1.51 disc the CD-ROM file-system is no longer available under DOS due to the fact that all necessary files are located on the A:\> drive now (2.88MB floppy image).

So, are you saying that your HDD is actually mounting as A: now instead of C:?

Have you tried typing 'no' at the NTFS4DOS prompt and then checking the contents of the A: drive? It sounds like NTFS4DOS is mounting your HDD over the floppy image, which is not supposed to happen...

Hey Frosty,

I'm sorry for all the problems, at the end I was just a complete retard:P. I didn't read the NTFS4DOS screen properly and I entered "Y" instead of "yes" on the screen and because of that it didn't load NTFS4DOS and it couldn't see my hard drive. I think just "Y" was enough with the 1.5 but not with the 1.51.

But when you have another complete retard with the same problem, it's because of that:P

Sorry and thanx for your wasted time

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(brauntje @ Mar 11 2009, 06:38 PM) View Post

Hey Frosty,

I'm sorry for all the problems, at the end I was just a complete retard:P. I didn't read the NTFS4DOS screen properly and I entered "Y" instead of "yes" on the screen and because of that it didn't load NTFS4DOS and it couldn't see my hard drive. I think just "Y" was enough with the 1.5 but not with the 1.51.

But when you have another complete retard with the same problem, it's because of that:P

Sorry and thanx for your wasted time

LOL, no worries dude, i'm glad you got it working. happy.gif

DuggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2009, 06:15:00 AM »

Frosty, any response  on what i said in post 66 regarding liteon flashing/dumping?

staveone

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2009, 06:29:00 AM »

Thanks frosty great disc, just flashed an ms25 and a ms28 both already modded and spoofed,and it worked
without a hitch! please continue to update this disc as i dont wanna go back to iprep (to lazy!)LOL

CHEERS!

ronalds

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »

Hi Frosty,

Managed to dump old iX 1.4 FW from my Samsung to HDD.

After successfully dump, it say PLease reboot PC.

After that everything starts from the beginning.

What am I doing wrong?

Samsung MS28 iX 1.4 fw.

VIA VT6421 PCI SATA card.

following instructions.

Thanks.

cwhistler

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(ronalds @ Mar 12 2009, 07:35 PM) View Post

Hi Frosty,

Managed to dump old iX 1.4 FW from my Samsung to HDD.

After successfully dump, it say PLease reboot PC.

After that everything starts from the beginning.

What am I doing wrong?

Samsung MS28 iX 1.4 fw.

VIA VT6421 PCI SATA card.

following instructions.

Thanks.

Dont reboot press any key and it should carry on, if it dont and just hangs then thats the freezing issue frostys working on now. same thing happened to me

ronalds

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(cwhistler @ Mar 12 2009, 09:07 PM) View Post

Dont reboot press any key and it should carry on, if it dont and just hangs then thats the freezing issue frostys working on now. same thing happened to me

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, after I press RETURN or any key it just hangs.

I have just read this thread from the beginning and tried all possible solutions.

I tried also a solution with "NO" at the NTFS4DOS and then i pass to the next level, but then it says that it can not find "ORIGIN.BIN" in folder I made before or something like that.

Anyway I was always persistent and I don't give up.

I'll try more possible solutions and hopefully success will come in my way.

:-)

ronalds

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »

I had a spare Lite-On drive, so I tried to update it to iX 1.51.

As I use CK3 Pro is it serial cable only way with this disk, or it can be used with USB cable which came with CK3 Pro?

Thanks.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(ronalds @ Mar 12 2009, 03:26 PM) View Post

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, after I press RETURN or any key it just hangs.

I have just read this thread from the beginning and tried all possible solutions.

I tried also a solution with "NO" at the NTFS4DOS and then i pass to the next level, but then it says that it can not find "ORIGIN.BIN" in folder I made before or something like that.

Anyway I was always persistent and I don't give up.

I'll try more possible solutions and hopefully success will come in my way.

:-)

It sounds like you are using version v1.5 of my disc, try using the v1.51 version of my disc and you should be fine. (the orig.bin error happens when you say 'no' on my v1.5 disc, this is fixed in version v1.51)

QUOTE(DuggyUK @ Mar 10 2009, 01:44 PM) View Post

does this now dump the serial info correctly?. 1.50 was used to dump my lite on and checking in JF show'd that there was missing serial data. I had to reconstruct via the labels on the drive which was a PIA, thankfully I could do that but the question is, is this still an issue?

for the guys above, this disc is standalone and has nothing to do with PORTIO, does not need/use it.

I wasn't aware this was an issue, I will have to look into it... I am using the newest version of DosFlash and DummyGen, DummyGen might be what is causing this to happen on some drives. (for some reason Firmtool doesn't like the dummy.bin file produced by DosFlash, which is why I am using DummyGen to create the dummy.bin file for the Lite-On drives)

ronalds

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2020, 04:59:00 PM »

Hi Frosty,

Sorry, but it is 100% 360 Modification Disc v1.51.

I did it somehow with all combinations from this thread.

That is for Samsung update.

Now I'm trying Lite-On and I have VIA card, CK3 Pro and CK3 probe.

I don't have Serial cable but I bought CK3 pro because of that.

Can I use USB instead with CK3 Pro with your disk or not?

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11