xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quick Question On Flashing  (Read 75 times)

thr4773r

• Archived User
Quick Question On Flashing
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(flyboy110b @ Sep 17 2008, 02:46 AM) View Post

So I have a new samsung ts-h943A with ms28 firmware that I have to flash

Now, i still want to play on Live, so I'm only looking to extract and upload the original firmware on a new drive.. what's the best flashing program to use?

And I've been trying to do this for a few days only because my computer doesnt have a sata port, but i've been having trouble making a bootable disc, it always give me some stupid error message. I was using MTK flash program to do the flashing, but this disc wouldnt boot in dos. Can I use the program, or any similar one, using the command prompt rather than booting in dos?

Iprep 101 works pretty well for the m28 firmware, but if you're looking to "extract and upload the original firmware on a new drive" you'll have to spoof the drive. Use Maximus's FW toolbox for this.

You'll need a sata card if your pc doesn't have sata; people have had luck with the VIA6421 chipset, but I used my VIA8237 on my Biostar Mb to flash.

I believe you need to be in pure dos for this to work right, but if you're having trouble making a boot disk, use anything that will boot into dos(win98 install disk, barts bootdisk etc.)