xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cracks On Some 360 Games  (Read 72 times)

Chimp5000

• Archived User
Cracks On Some 360 Games
« on: May 28, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »

I have a few games that have cracks coming from the center ring.  I plan on firmware hacing my 360 to play backed up games.  The games with cracks on them play every so often, I usually have to eject the drive multiple times before they read.  It took me 13 tries to get Saints Row to read today.  I also have cracks on my Gears of War disc, it only took 3 tries to get it to read last time I played it though.

Basically, is there a way to check once I make a backup that the .iso is good and that it just didn't get a bad read?

scuba156

• Archived User
Cracks On Some 360 Games
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 12:27:00 AM »

DVDmulletter will check the ISO and tell you whether its good. but i also suggest that you dont use the autofix feature if your using a kreon drive or samsung with 0800 firmware.

the cracks your getting is becuase your putting the discs straight into the case after you play them. when a disc is spinning at that many RPM, it gets hot and weakens the plastic, then when you go to put it in the case, you push down on the middle of the disc and it cracks. you can prevent this by just letting the disc stay in the drive at the dashboard for a minute before you take it out

Chimp5000

• Archived User
Cracks On Some 360 Games
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »

Alright, thanks for the tip.  I originally thought it was a problem at manufacturing that caused the discs to crack, but what you said makes more sense now.

Ill try the program out as soon as possible!

Thanks man!