xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xdvdmulleter Beta 10  (Read 199 times)

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« on: August 28, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »

XDVDMulleter beta 10 is now in the usual places

Fixed stuff is:

xbox 1 stuff works properly again
ISO stealth checking stuff is cached for better performance and code cleanup
Fixes video and pfi based on SS details
More user friendly prompts and errors
Half implemented debug output (yeah, i got bored and didnt finish it)
New ss validation check for bad SS file (thanks to liquidsky)
Offer to fix ss on games with known ss but no known ini for that SS
Check ini file exists before crc check
Rip inis to different folder than dled folder (to avoid weird confusions)
Multiple database sources possible in case main site goes down.

And probably some more.
Thanks to all the people who helped. For more details, read the nfo smile.gif

stevenps2

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  thanks for the update just grabbed it to check out

two-rok

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »

wow man, you just keep them coming  biggrin.gif

great work

cheers

Paperstack.1

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »

Sweet! This app rocks  biggrin.gif

BTW, I was always curious about this: What is the Advanced ISO Creation? Every release has this disabled

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »

Advanced ISO creation is the whole point i made XDVDMulleter (before i got sidetracked and added all the other things) Basically the iso creation engine in xdvdmulleter lets you do a whole lot of nifty things like individually position or order files (both included and not included in the filesystem) and supports stuff like on the fly recoding etc.

However all this stuff takes a lot of work on the interface, which i have never gotten around to. (Partly, this is because we found there are sectors on a 360 iso which are required to be in fixed positions but are not referenced by the filesystem, so we cant tell what/where they are) If this is ever worked out, XDVDMulleter will potentially be able to do stuff like... on the fly resizing to dvd5, removing of dummy data, and building all sorts of freaky weird isos for esoteric reasons.

If i was to finish it now in its current state it would allow you to do things like create multi game discs etc on xbox 1 in its virtual filesystem and then build it on the fly (using multiple sources, isos, folders etc) but the interface work isnt done, so its been disabled since the very first version. Annoyingly, I had most of the basic interface finished before mulleter came out, from modifying one of my older apps, but i completely lost it smile.gif

One day it might get done.. who knows if we will still be using xbox 360s by then though smile.gif

matallica28

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »

It's a great app, thanks for the update info. I'll be getting it for sure.

skyzerr33

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »

I'm unable to check stealth from the Load from DVDR option, It wont load the disc I'm unable to do it in any release. The only way i can check steath from a disc is use Schtrom360XtractV3.3 which works fine.

And also it shows that i have 2 pioneer dvdr-112d Which i have one pioneer and a samsung SH-D162C flashed with kreon 0.81

IPB Image

Thanks for the update always good to see beerchug.gif

dbldown768

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »

I am trying to verify my ISO by loading it from my disc, however the USB CD-ROM drive is not listed in one of the available drives?  This used to work fine with Beta8?

also, i seen information about video being split on both layers.  I am verifying with Schtrom3.3 and shows no video on layer 1, is this ok?  I used Kreon drive with XBC 2.5.

This post has been edited by dbldown768: Aug 30 2007, 03:22 AM

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 06:30:00 AM »

I forgot to put the unrar.dll in the package. I fixed the rar in the usual places now, but if you dont have the unrar.dll in your mulleter folder, download it from here: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/UnRARDLL.exe (its free, and freely available from rar labs) and place it in the folder.

jawadams

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »

Thanks, I got it and it's working good (and the Saints Row iso is no longer giving the zero padded error)

Jtboomer2

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »

Is there any way to add random padding to an image that is zero padded? Thanks.

Edit: I know this has been talked about in previous threads, I just didn't know if this new version or any new version of XDVDMulleter would ever be able to do it.

This post has been edited by Jtboomer2: Aug 31 2007, 03:28 AM

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jtboomer2 @ Aug 31 2007, 03:12 AM) View Post

Is there any way to add random padding to an image that is zero padded? Thanks.

Edit: I know this has been talked about in previous threads, I just didn't know if this new version or any new version of XDVDMulleter would ever be able to do it.

If we replaced the original padding with any padding of our own, random or otherwise, it will obviously be different from the original disc, so it will be detectable. So, no, itll never be fixable. Best thing to do is re-rip the game.
I'm not entirely sure why Xbox360 games have this problem anyhow, the test was originally for xbox 1 isos, and that a few 360 game rips trigger it also was a surprise. However there do seem to be some odd things at the end of the ISOs sometime (when looked at in a hexeditor) so perhaps its just normal. Or perhaps, as we confirmed with a few games, it was just bad rips.

Jtboomer2

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(badsheepy @ Aug 30 2007, 11:53 PM) View Post

If we replaced the original padding with any padding of our own, random or otherwise, it will obviously be different from the original disc, so it will be detectable. So, no, itll never be fixable. Best thing to do is re-rip the game.
I'm not entirely sure why Xbox360 games have this problem anyhow, the test was originally for xbox 1 isos, and that a few 360 game rips trigger it also was a surprise. However there do seem to be some odd things at the end of the ISOs sometime (when looked at in a hexeditor) so perhaps its just normal. Or perhaps, as we confirmed with a few games, it was just bad rips.

Thanks!

sosotiit

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »

Plse do not provide/request direct instructions to location of software that we cannot publish here.

-soso

davidrose9

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 10
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 10:07:00 AM »

This is really nice I checked several backups and A-OK. Thanks is there donate page?
Cannot get it to work on my Vista 64bit pc however start reading then errors.

This post has been edited by davidrose9: Oct 6 2007, 05:09 PM