xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: iPrep 101 v0.0.1  (Read 800 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« on: June 06, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »

iPrep 101 v0.0.1
Posted by XanTium | June 6 20:26 EST | News Category: Xbox360

Klutsh released iPrep 101 v0.0.1, a new tool like Xtreme Boot Maker(info) that will prepare a floppy/USBdrive/NTFScd to flash your Toshiba-Samsung drive but specially made for the new iXtreme Firmwares. It also includes Caster420's new SamTool 0.7:

iPrep is a .NET application and collection of MSDOS applications for use in flashing Samsung TS-H943A DVD drives.

Features:
- Can detect your SATA/RAID controller and HEX-Edits MTKFlash for your chipset.
- Formats your floppy/usb drive and copies all necessary files over.
- Can be used with NTFS cd's, creates a folder on your hdd.
- MD5 checker when selecting your firmware lets you know your firmware is legit
- Updateable Firmware definitions.
- Provides simple to use on screen instructions in MSDOS.
- Works with iXtreme v1.0 and future releases. (Can be made backwards compatable)
- Can be used to spoof a Hitachi GDR3120L Key to a Samsung TS-H943A DVD drive.
- Nolonger uses MSINFO32, should now work in Vista and other WMI capable OS's.

This program contains no firmware or pre-coded patches.

!!NOTE: BE CAREFUL! THIS PROGRAM USES A FORMAT COMMAND. THIS WILL DELETE ALL FILES ON THE REMOVEABLE DRIVE LETTER YOU CHOOSE. IF THERE ARE FILES ON YOUR FLOPPY OR USB DRIVE YOU WANT TO KEEP, GET THEM OFF THE MEDIA FIRST! THE FILES WILL BE DELETED. DOUBLE-CHECK YOUR DRIVE LETTER BEFORE RUNNNING THE PROGRAM. NOBODY WANTS TO ACCIDENTALLY FORMAT THEIR WORK! A CHECK HAS BEEN INPLEMENTED TO PREVENT HDD ERASURE BUT I CANNOT GUARANTEE IT.

How to Use:
1. Load your floppy disk or connect your USB Flash Drive. (optional)
2. Run iPrep.
3. Detect your sata chipset, if required.
4. Open your Xtreme Firmware's .bin file.
6. Click "DO IT!".
7. Boot from your prepared drive or your NTFS cd.
8. Type "iDump xxxxxxx xxxxx" to backup your 360's original firmware and create you hacked firmware.
9. Type "iFlash xxxxxxx xxxxx" to flash the hacked firmware. (Don't include the quotes, and replace x with your 360's Serial Number.)

Official Site: www.x-projects.org
Download: here

sosotiit

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »

great, thks, soso

Navillos

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »

for some reason it wont load the xtreme1.0 firmware, for me at least.

sosotiit

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »

you do not load the .rar like in XBM, you need to load the xtrem10a.bin directly and it works.
-soso

Navillos

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Jun 6 2007, 08:01 PM) View Post

you do not load the .rar like in XBM, you need to load the xtrem10a.bin directly and it works.
-soso

i am aware as the load file box says firmware files .bin files. but it wont load for me.

edit: well got a new firmware file and extracted, then it worked. funny thing is the other one was the one i have used to flash. never had a problem with it.

another edit: just saw that you said there was a new version to download. cool

sosotiit

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »

are you sure you have the last one , yes there was two releases (they should have numbered them 1.0 rev2)
redownload from usual place or make sure Byte 40FC is 0D (not FF) and you should be OK, in theory.

-soso

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Jun 7 2007, 01:34 AM

Helena

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »

I had the same problem. I redownloaded the iXtreme from the usual place and it worked fine. It's very confusing that they didn't rename the second revision to rev.2 or something along those lines.

I came accross another problem whilst using the program though. I have 2 VIA SATA contollers. One onboard VT8237A and one 6421 card.

In step 2 when I click list "SCSI Based Conrollers" it comes up with the error message :
"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click COntinue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or becuase it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT:0*80070422)"

Once I click continue my VIA VT 6421 RAID Controller shows up in the 'window'.

If I click "List IDE Based Controllers" a list of IDE channels, VIA Bus Master IDE Controller - 0571 and VIA Serial ATA Controller  - 0591 show's up in the 'window'. If I select the VIA Serial ATA controller it comes up with the same error message as mentioned earlier.

So I have 2 questions:
1) Are these error messages normal and I just click continue? As I'm assuming they are showing because nothing is plugged into the SATA ports.
2) The "Serial ATA Controller - 0591" is my 8237 on board card?

ThaCrip

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »

that iprep program will not load the iXtreme10.rar or even load a .bin file directly... and yes im using the official one from xbins ( 69.3 KB (71,045 bytes) iXtreme10.rar )

any ideas? ... cause i dont need to use any .xml files right since this iprep program was MADE for iXtreme right?

r50la

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »

Why would anyone want to use any kind of auto flashing/scripted tool to flash their drives?  What happens when you use this on a MS28 drive?  What happened to the good ol fashioned mtkflash to use with the ixtreme firmware.  

Am I the only one who is confused here... enlighten me please  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Capt'n Matt

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »

"Floppy"?  What's a floppy?  huh.gif

ca102455

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 11:59:00 PM »

Please advise,

If i make a folder on the route of my 'C' drive & dump all the files in there, do i still have to make a small partition (ie, around 1 gig) on the HDD for all the files etc or is iPrep not so fussy about large partitions. Only i've never really had much luck running the flash direct off the HDD before & just wondered if this tool was more forgiving  uhh.gif

Thanks Guys

jonko

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 12:05:00 AM »

Had to redownload ixtreme 1.0 from the usual places ,then it worked great.

Thanks klutch and caster420 for the programs you made sofar.

**Snake**

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »

Hi guys...just a question: this method (like XBM 0.5.3)...

1. Load your floppy disk or connect your USB Flash Drive. (optional)
2. Run iPrep.
3. Detect your sata chipset, if required.
4. Open your Xtreme Firmware's .bin file.
6. Click "DO IT!".
7. Boot from your prepared drive or your NTFS cd.
8. Type "iDump xxxxxxx xxxxx" to backup your 360's original firmware and create you hacked firmware.
9. Type "iFlash xxxxxxx xxxxx" to flash the hacked firmware. (Don't include the quotes, and replace x with your 360's Serial Number.)

...works only with MS25 or also with MS28 drive ???

Thank you

Minotaur

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »

Avast detected a virus/trojan in Intro.exe - the program doesnt have anything to do with the flash process, but is run by autoexec.bat when creating a usb drive. Any word what this intro actually does?

tobby

• Archived User
iPrep 101 v0.0.1
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 01:41:00 AM »

I would like to know how to update from the 42_update fw that i have on my 360 to the new safe live fw.
I have a Sumsung drive like i said flashed with 42_update i know its an old one.

And also i never been on live with this 360 and my guess will be once i update to new fw my backed up games will not work since the new fw will only boot stealth game disc so eventually i will have to backup my 5 games again.
Is that all correct? or am i missing somethhing??

Oh also this goes to the makers of XBM and Iprep. Maybe you guys can intergrate a easier way to update from older FW version to new FW version on you tools.
Just an input to make it easier for noobs like me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Keep up the good work.

Thank you

This post has been edited by tobby: Jun 7 2007, 08:47 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5