xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Xdvdmulleter Beta 8  (Read 720 times)

sosotiit

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE( Bold and Italic by soso  @  )
It will tell you SS is present but contains invalid data (or some similar wording). iXtreme checkbox will be unchecked. Its pretty obvious if you find one smile.gif
There is still the possibility that the wrong video AND pfi could be used, which wouldnt be detected (cause the app has no way of telling the original video on disc).
DMI is effectively uncheckable at the moment apart from that one string.
So pretty much you could have a perfect stealthed game with stealth files  from another ISO . Nothing but a comparison to the actual genuine data could detect this, so the crc32 check isnt a bad idea. (Although annoying, cause .net doesnt have a native crc32 checker smile.gif)

and that is exactly what we are saying, if you make them from your original and the complete backup option of XBCR, you wont get video/PFI  from another ISO that must be compare to genuine data  wink.gif

so it is time you leave it at this plse,
-soso

pvolk

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »

Sweet prog, its good to check over all my disks. Now for a noob question. What exactly does the check box "Check for crosslinkable files" do? Its where you can load iso for inspection. Thanks in advance for any explanation.

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(pvolk @ Jun 5 2007, 12:34 AM) *

Sweet prog, its good to check over all my disks. Now for a noob question. What exactly does the check box "Check for crosslinkable files" do? Its where you can load iso for inspection. Thanks in advance for any explanation.

Checkbox simply tells the ISO loader to check all the files for duplicates and crosslink them if they exist.
It has NO relavence loading from either ISO or DVD. But if you were to say load a folder with 100 identical, differently named files, then without crosslinking the ISO would be 100xsize of file, and with crosslinking it would be 1xsize of file.

To repeat though, it makes NO difference unless you are creating a new ISO. And considering that doesnt yet work for 360 isos, you can just ignore it. Best to leave it off for quicker loading, but putting it on wont hurt anything.

phillyboyroy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »

I really don't want to be one of those posters that everybody screams at to "SEARCH!" but here goes...I put the iXtreme 1.0 firmware on my Samsung MS28 and reluctantly logged onto Live expecting to be banned. So far, nada...still good. Here's my question though. I went through the backups I made (all ripped from my Kreon drive with Xbox Backup Creator and burned with CloneCD) with XDVDMulleter Beta 8 in an attempt to make sure that they are all stealthed properly. They all are except my backup of MLB 2K7. Under the "Xtreme Compatibility" section, "PFI present" and "DMI Present" are UNchecked ("Security sector present" IS checked). And in the "ISO Type" section "Xtreme Compatible" is UNchecked. So, the obvious question here is why does this backup of MLB 2K7 play perfectly in my box (it does) when the iXtreme 1.0 firmware is supposed to reject any backup that is not properly stealthed?

Is this previous post answering my question? If it is, I can't figure it out:

"It will tell you SS is present but contains invalid data (or some similar wording). iXtreme checkbox will be unchecked. Its pretty obvious if you find one. There is still the possibility that the wrong video AND pfi could be used, which wouldnt be detected (cause the app has no way of telling the original video on disc). DMI is effectively uncheckable at the moment apart from that one string. So pretty much you could have a perfect stealthed game with stealth files from another ISO . Nothing but a comparison to the actual genuine data could detect this, so the crc32 check isnt a bad idea. (Although annoying, cause .net doesnt have a native crc32 checker)"

Ryansc

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »

Allright, I cant wait to try out Xdvdmullester...

Havok

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(phillyboyroy @ Jun 4 2007, 08:32 PM) View Post

I really don't want to be one of those posters that everybody screams at to "SEARCH!" but here goes...I put the iXtreme 1.0 firmware on my Samsung MS28 and reluctantly logged onto Live expecting to be banned. So far, nada...still good. Here's my question though. I went through the backups I made (all ripped from my Kreon drive with Xbox Backup Creator and burned with CloneCD) with XDVDMulleter Beta 8 in an attempt to make sure that they are all stealthed properly. They all are except my backup of MLB 2K7. Under the "Xtreme Compatibility" section, "PFI present" and "DMI Present" are UNchecked ("Security sector present" IS checked). And in the "ISO Type" section "Xtreme Compatible" is UNchecked. So, the obvious question here is why does this backup of MLB 2K7 play perfectly in my box (it does) when the iXtreme 1.0 firmware is supposed to reject any backup that is not properly stealthed?

Is this previous post answering my question? If it is, I can't figure it out:

"It will tell you SS is present but contains invalid data (or some similar wording). iXtreme checkbox will be unchecked. Its pretty obvious if you find one. There is still the possibility that the wrong video AND pfi could be used, which wouldnt be detected (cause the app has no way of telling the original video on disc). DMI is effectively uncheckable at the moment apart from that one string. So pretty much you could have a perfect stealthed game with stealth files from another ISO . Nothing but a comparison to the actual genuine data could detect this, so the crc32 check isnt a bad idea. (Although annoying, cause .net doesnt have a native crc32 checker)"

Thanks philly!.. I find that question one of the most interesting in the thread... hopefully sheepy can explain why his software appears to be BETTER than ixtreme..

pvolk

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(badsheepy @ Jun 5 2007, 12:42 AM) View Post

Checkbox simply tells the ISO loader to check all the files for duplicates and crosslink them if they exist.
It has NO relavence loading from either ISO or DVD. But if you were to say load a folder with 100 identical, differently named files, then without crosslinking the ISO would be 100xsize of file, and with crosslinking it would be 1xsize of file.

To repeat though, it makes NO difference unless you are creating a new ISO. And considering that doesnt yet work for 360 isos, you can just ignore it. Best to leave it off for quicker loading, but putting it on wont hurt anything.

Wow info right from the source. Thanks for the quick response, i totally get it now.

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 10:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Havok @ Jun 5 2007, 02:53 PM) *

Thanks philly!.. I find that question one of the most interesting in the thread... hopefully sheepy can explain why his software appears to be BETTER than ixtreme..

If you look at the log.txt, i think you will probably find some read errors in there somewhere. My dvdr reading code is too stupid to pay much attention to read errors at the moment, but I am currently working on it.

Anyhow, its most likely that the disc is fine and mulleter/your dvdr just cant read it. I will make read errors considerably more obvious in the next version, but im still not sure if its actually mulleter reading discs wrong or just the discs being a bit flakey in some drives. I do know several people who have contacted me with dvdrs which will not work whatsoever, both in mulleter and imgburn, so it might be both.

Anyhow, if there is no read errors in the log.txt file, please get back to me and I will do my best to solve your problem (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Strigy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »

great program, just a quick question on the iso region. why do all my backups have all the regions checked, shouldn't it just be ntsc/u? is this a problem?

PacinoAllstars

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 03:19:00 AM »

IS there any ETA for beta 9?

Keep up the good work!

selyb

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »

What is disaster 2?

I created a complete backup of Xmen Legends 2 using XBC 2.5.0230 with my kreon 162c
the iso passes stealth check with XBC but the image browser shows no files

when i try to load the iso with mulleter, it says loading failed, Disaster 2

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(selyb @ Jun 14 2007, 11:35 PM) View Post

What is disaster 2?

I created a complete backup of Xmen Legends 2 using XBC 2.5.0230 with my kreon 162c
the iso passes stealth check with XBC but the image browser shows no files

when i try to load the iso with mulleter, it says loading failed, Disaster 2

Thats a filesystem parsing error. I have no idea why that would happen, i have NEVER seen it occur since i finished the filesystem code...
Are you opening the iso or loading it from disc? Loading from disc is sometimes plagued by read errors.

Apart from that im afraid i have absolutely no idea why you are getting that error. I will look into it further if I can find a copy of xmen going cheap somewhere.

selyb

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(badsheepy @ Jun 14 2007, 11:34 PM) View Post

Are you opening the iso or loading it from disc? Loading from disc is sometimes plagued by read errors.

i havent tried to burn the iso...
maybe i did something wrong with xbc? the iso is 6.92 gb like normal...
ill have to try ripping it again i guess

is it possible that, using XBC, i created .dvd and an iso of correct size with only the ss, video, pfi, and dmi and a zeroed out filesystem partition?

i got my kreon drive just recently and i successfully backed up 2 or 3 other games before this one

Neo_9000uk

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2007, 04:03:00 AM »

Why is beta 9 available in some places and not the usual places?

selyb

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 8
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2007, 06:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Neo_9000uk @ Jun 18 2007, 05:39 AM) View Post

Why is beta 9 available in some places and not the usual places?

i believe its a test build and not an actual release
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4