xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Xdvdmulleter Beta 7  (Read 427 times)

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« on: February 28, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »

XDVDMulleter beta 7 can be found in the usual places

Whats new:

Whole lot of new iso loading options, now you can load from pretty much
any source I could think of.

New sector reading dvd mode, so you can read from dvdrs with video on
them Note: My pioneer reads VERY slow in this mode, whilst my Lite-on
reads faster than normal.

WXRipper style hotswapping for reading from retail discs

Further iso optimisation.. movies (.bik, .wmv, .sfd) moved to start of
disc (any ideas on how to do more optimisation automatically would be
excellent)

Rudimentary shrinking support (Very, very minimal. only removes
dashupdate.xbe, default_orig.xbe, default.bak files and the demomovies
folder.. but this should be enough for you to back up an original halo
2 at least smile.gif

Added support for building qwix style doubly optimised ISOS
Note: will break original layout (files keep same order but different
position, folders are moved to start of filesystem)

Also Stuff is fixed and improved etc (see nfo for details)

Any problems, suggestions, bug reports, please report them here

Heet

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »

NICE  beerchug.gif

Thanks for all the options!

RolfLobker

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »

Good stuff. Very much appreciated.

Mike Bowler

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 02:55:00 AM »

Edit: sorry lol i just realised this is a Windows program because i actually took the time to look at the page and noticed:

Scenyx Entertainment Community > Xbox360 Forums > Xbox360 Software Forums > PC Tools and Utilities (Xbox 360 related) > Xdvdmulleter Beta 7

This post has been edited by Mike Bowler: Mar 1 2007, 11:08 AM

Heet

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 03:06:00 AM »

Yup windows.

sosotiit

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 06:41:00 AM »

Great stuff again,

and for those with Hitachi and not having a SHD162C, finally a hotswap for xbox 1 as well?

huge thanks man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

soso

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Mar 1 2007, 04:20 PM

pholly

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »

This is fine I guess but I want to make single layer 360 backups, what's the hold up?

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(pholly @ Mar 2 2007, 03:15 AM) *

This is fine I guess but I want to make single layer 360 backups, what's the hold up?

Unfortunately, you didnt tell me how to do that yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Until the extra security is worked out, it cant and wont happen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

NoFace

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »

I have attempted multiple backup attempts using xdvdmulleter7 and keep getting the "Please put this Xbox game into an Xbox console to play" screen. On another backup I attempted, I got a cool xbox startup logo, then that same screen. I have done the following things: I use quix to get it to my pc, I have the ss files and the lyt files, I burn with a .dvd file I created, I am using the "make dvd5 for xtreme" option, and I am using good media. What am I missing?

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(NoFace @ Mar 2 2007, 07:10 AM) View Post

I have attempted multiple backup attempts using xdvdmulleter7 and keep getting the "Please put this Xbox game into an Xbox console to play" screen. On another backup I attempted, I got a cool xbox startup logo, then that same screen. I have done the following things: I use quix to get it to my pc, I have the ss files and the lyt files, I burn with a .dvd file I created, I am using the "make dvd5 for xtreme" option, and I am using good media. What am I missing?

Do you have a samsung drive or a hitachi, what version firmware do you have on it.
You dont need a .dvd file for dvd5 because there is no layer break.
You could check if its your SS file by using either the generic SS option or making it without video at all.

Seeing the video is an SS or drive key error, but im assuming your retail games work still, so its most likely to be the SS file.

Course, if you dont have Xtreme 5.x samsung firmware, single layer dvds wont work anyhow. Id just try making an iso with no video and hope for the best ohmy.gif

NoFace

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »

I have a Samsung w/ xtreme 5.1c, I will try using the generic security sector. Thanks for the tip.

edlimym

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »

hi badsheepy, i just tried backing up halo 2 and the iso size reduced to about 4446 Mb.  everything went on fine until 'make iso' selection.  when i selected it, it said 'shrinking failed, iso doesn't fit on dvd5'.  is there anything else i need to remove before the final 'make iso'?

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 12:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(edlimym @ Mar 3 2007, 01:52 AM) View Post

hi badsheepy, i just tried backing up halo 2 and the iso size reduced to about 4446 Mb.  everything went on fine until 'make iso' selection.  when i selected it, it said 'shrinking failed, iso doesn't fit on dvd5'.  is there anything else i need to remove before the final 'make iso'?

I just had someone check for me, backing up their original retail halo 2 via xbox 1 ftp, and it worked and fitted on dvd without the dashupdate.xbe, so I know it physically fits on the disc

I assume you are using the hotswap method? any more details you might have would be helpful.
(iso source, rebuild options etc)

I really cant think of what might be causing that problem at the moment, but i will look into it.

edlimym

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 06:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(badsheepy @ Mar 3 2007, 03:08 PM) View Post

I just had someone check for me, backing up their original retail halo 2 via xbox 1 ftp, and it worked and fitted on dvd without the dashupdate.xbe, so I know it physically fits on the disc

I assume you are using the hotswap method? any more details you might have would be helpful.
(iso source, rebuild options etc)

I really cant think of what might be causing that problem at the moment, but i will look into it.

hi badsheepy, i used sh-d162c with xbc 2.4 to read my retail halo 2.  that iso file is about 6.92 Gb.  then i used beta 7, selected 'build/rebuild an iso'.  next, i load from file - that 6.92 Gb iso.  next, i selected 'create dvd5 iso (xtreme compatible + video).  then the iso shrinking page, i got only 'dashupdate.xbe' file to select for removal.  i selected it for removal and got a message saying iso fits on a dvdr.  next is all those xbe, ss, dmi, pfi and layout checkings.  now this is the best part - make iso.  after selecting it and given a name for that shrunk iso, i got this message - 'shrinking failed! iso doesn't fit on dvd5.

so, what i did just now was i used your beta 5 and extract/browse files.  i de-selected bink folder, dashupdate.xbe, downloader.xbe and update.xbe.  next i selected - make new iso.  i managed to get the game into a dvdr (dvd5) with all the ss, dmi, pfi and layout files merged.  my this backup worked fine.  so, i found out that i got more control of which files i can delete/remove and rebuild a new iso using your beta 5.

sorry for typing so many stuffs, hope these stuffs give you a better picture of what i faced.  cheers and thanks.

badsheepy

• Archived User
Xdvdmulleter Beta 7
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »

Oh! I see what it was. I forgot to check if you were making an iso with video in the shrinking screen. It'd have fitted if you had made an ISO without the video partition smile.gif

A nice easy fix for me too, which is always nice smile.gif

And yeah, you can do much better shrinking things doing it manually, extracting all the files and removing/crosslinking etc.
Im hoping in a later release to add support for a shrinking file which will let one person manually shrink the iso and save what their steps so it could be a one click process for everyone else.
Pages: [1] 2 3