xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xtreme Boot Maker Problem ? Firmware Problem?  (Read 98 times)

Talonz

• Archived User
Xtreme Boot Maker Problem ? Firmware Problem?
« on: December 03, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »

Here is my situation:

I have an NFORCE SATA chipset – MSI / NEO4 MB

Samsung MS25 DVD drive

I ran Xtreme boot maker on a flash drive with Xtreme 4.2 A .

I rebooted my system, ran samread – no problem then ran samhack – again appears not to have a problem.  It did not give any errors and showed I think 4 different banks being flashed – Again it looked like it should have ( I think ) 

I had two ISO’s I burned .  1 with Pioneer 111D , 1 with Plextor 740.  Neither boot correctly.  Both of these ISOs supposedly were ready to be burned with Clone CD with no other intervention needed ( If you know what I mean (wink wink)).  Blank media was Verbatim.

Both burns go to the dash and say “open tray” .

I went back and tried to hook up the DVD drive again, but long story short:  I am getting Status = 51 should be 70 .  I can’t read, write, or do anything with the DVD drive now   The Xbox boots my originals fine though, so its not bricked, but what should I do????  How can I tell for sure if the DVD drive is truly updated with the xtreme firmware??  How can I change the firmware to 4.2b ( if you think this will help ) ?

Any help would be appreciated!

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

you need to burn the enable0800.iso to a dual layer dvd+r and use that to unlock the firmguard.  read the readme file that came with xtreme, this will explain a little better.

turkey_fiddler

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

sounds like you need to flash your Pioneer 111D to a Pioneer 111L auto bitsetting using the dangerous brothers drive flasher thats if your still having probs