xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Xbox Backup Creator v2.1  (Read 655 times)

i_love_to_tsop

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »

thanks man, ill give it a try. send the link.

wertyxhts

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

after the backup is made, what do i rename my iso to? anything or does it have to be a specific name for the 360 to boot?

Redline99

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

what you name it has more to do with you and your app that you choose to burn with.  Nameing doesn't affect how it work on the 360.

wertyxhts

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »

okay successfully backed up my game image. Burned and made a coaster.

Used SH-162C with XBC to make backup and Pioneer to burn. 360 said it was an unrecognized disc. Using Verbatim.

1. Do i burn the .dvd or .iso? or does it even matter?

2. I am using a Pioneer 111D F/W 1.23, in imgburn it shows my booktype is set to DVD+R DL. How do i change it to DVD-Rom? (I've read that it automatically does it for you, but wanted to clarify)

This post has been edited by wertyxhts: Oct 11 2006, 02:28 AM

wertyxhts

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2006, 12:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(wertyxhts @ Oct 10 2006, 05:46 PM) View Post

okay successfully backed up my game image. Burned and made a coaster.

Used SH-162C with XBC to make backup and Pioneer to burn. 360 said it was an unrecognized disc. Using Verbatim.

1. Do i burn the .dvd or .iso? or does it even matter?

2. I am using a Pioneer 111D F/W 1.23, in imgburn it shows my booktype is set to DVD+R DL. How do i change it to DVD-Rom? (I've read that it automatically does it for you, but wanted to clarify)

well i burned one coaster and finally made a good backup. I'm glad since my 'Just Cause' was getting owned by my nephews. Thanks RedLine for the great program. All i did was do another burn using Imgburn again, and this time selected .dvd file rather than the .iso

chemicalthunder

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 03:45:00 AM »

I've only successfully got PGR3 working.

I backed up Farcry Preditor and burnt it but its unrecognizable, and also Germany 2006 soccer - same problem.

I burnt with Clone CD, as the backup maker wont work with my burner.

I have used Verbatim disks, Pioneer 110 burner with updated firmware so it does book type. The drive in the eggbox is samsung. Any suggestions? also I burnt at 4X

Thanx for any replies.

Chemical.

chemicalthunder

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2006, 05:40:00 AM »

I was thinking maybe its my burner, although I read that the pioneer 110 has the same hardware as the 111 so I dont' get why I cant make a backup that works (apart from PGR3), as I've got the firmware that auto sets the booktype to dvd-r. hmmmmm anyone had success with a pio 110? (not 110D)

wertyxhts

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(chemicalthunder @ Oct 11 2006, 02:16 AM) View Post

I've only successfully got PGR3 working.

I backed up Farcry Preditor and burnt it but its unrecognizable, and also Germany 2006 soccer - same problem.

I burnt with Clone CD, as the backup maker wont work with my burner.

I have used Verbatim disks, Pioneer 110 burner with updated firmware so it does book type. The drive in the eggbox is samsung. Any suggestions? also I burnt at 4X

Thanx for any replies.

Chemical.

try burning at 2.4x(most people recommend that)

also use a different software other than clone cd. Try ImgBurn. Its free. Than after you used XBC to create a backup, burn the .dvd file with ImgBurn.

chemicalthunder

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »

(I backed up with XBC), I tried using imageburn but it says it cant make the layer break in DAO mode. Is that the mode you're supposed to burn in? There is another option - incremental. Is this what you use?

I think i'll end up getting a pioneer 111 if I make another coaster.

chemicalthunder

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(chemicalthunder @ Oct 11 2006, 09:59 PM) View Post

(I backed up with XBC), I tried using imageburn but it says it cant make the layer break in DAO mode. Is that the mode you're supposed to burn in? There is another option - incremental. Is this what you use?

I think i'll end up getting a pioneer 111 if I make another coaster.

Silly me turns out i'd bought -R media duhh
I don't know why I didn't notice until this morning! I had a good chuckle!

Redline99

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »

hehe yeah DVD-R wont work very well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

wertyxhts

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 05:16:00 PM »

Couple questions. I haven't bothered to explore XBC, all I have been doing is creating backups. But I saw in the  'image tools' tab:

PFI Sector = ?

DMI Sector = ?

Stealth Check =  whats the point of this?

just wanted to be enlightened.  jester.gif

I wanted to know whats the exact purpose of these and what might they can be used for.

sosotiit

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

Hi Redline,

Just a follow up on a previous feedback about burning with a liteon (165H6).

In the post about v2 I mentionned that speed selection and burning with Liteon was fine. Unfortunately sad.gif  it seems that with version 2.1 the speed selection is not functional anymore for Liteon burner.

I selected 2,x when the burn started the log indicated something like setting speed at 2,x , then the line right under said speed set at max speed.

Just FYI, the good news is that the dvd burned at 4x and it is working fine!! biggrin.gif
rgds, Soso

pds910

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Oct 13 2006, 11:38 AM) *

Hi Redline,

Just a follow up on a previous feedback about burning with a liteon (165H6).

In the post about v2 I mentionned that speed selection and burning with Liteon was fine. Unfortunately (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  it seems that with version 2.1 the speed selection is not functional anymore for Liteon burner.

I selected 2,x when the burn started the log indicated something like setting speed at 2,x , then the line right under said speed set at max speed.

Just FYI, the good news is that the dvd burned at 4x and it is working fine!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
rgds, Soso

I have the same burner...does it auto bitset or did you have to set it in DVDinfopro? just curious as I haven't modded my 360 yet...still waiting for my sh-d162c to come in...

Redline99

• Archived User
Xbox Backup Creator v2.1
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »

sosotiit - heh, thanks for the info.... figures, doing it the wrong way and it works doing it the correct way and it's broken. smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4