xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: VLC360 v1.2  (Read 1449 times)

hyfall381

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

hi all. hope someone can help me with this one. basically, i have winmce 2005 on one pc, and all my vids on another. the pcs are networked together. on the pc with mce, i can connect my 360 to it and the mce in the 360 works fine. it even sees the shared folders that are on it, and i can get to the vids that are on the other pc.
but when i try this with vlc, those folders are blank. when i start mce in 360 and go to vlc, i can navigate to the shared folders. but when i click on one,,,lets say "my videos on Home", there is nothing in them. this is strange because if i navigate to that folder withOUT using vlc, i see all the vids.

so my question is... do i need to do something in vlc to make it read across a network or something? and tips would be much appreciated. thanks.

themightyone

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

I need some help with this, I'm not exactly sure what I am ment to be doing. I installed VLC360, then ran Media Center, and VLC360 was an option on the menu. But when I click on that, a list of all my drives (c:,d: ect...) are all listed but I cant click on them or anything. Is there anywhere I could view a guide to getting this to work?

ac251404

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

For some reason whenever I press 'B' on the controller to attempt to pause/FF/RW it disconnects my media center session. This was happening with transcode360 as well but I thought the issue was specific to that. The error as seen on my xbox is: "Another user or application on the Windows Media Center-based PC has disconnected this device." I used to use MCE Video Encoder and Transcode 360 but I installed them so not sure if they still are causing the issue. Any ideas?
thanks

Mafio

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »

Hello Guys!!

I’m so happy right know.

Just got VLC up and running; this is my setup:

Imac Intel

Parallels with WMC installed

Netgeat DG834GT

Xbox 360 network adapter

I can stream my DIVX without any problems!!!

I think I will connect the Imac to the ruter by cable (the airport support only 54g), so I can switch the router to A 108.

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Ciao

Mafio

RiPpN-N-TrIppN

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

program works fine for me but i do have some problems i hope i can get a hand with
for some reason i can ONLY play movies off my local c drive doesnt like playing off my other drives
and the file names have to be like 1.avi, 2.avi and so on it doesnt like longer file names
any help would b great
Rip

RiPpN-N-TrIppN

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2006, 02:59:00 AM »

ok i fixed my problem
now i can view a movie from any of my drives and its name doesnt matter
all i did was run the VLC360.bat file thats in the vlc instal directry
then rebooted
now its working perfect
could this be the end of XBMC for me only time will tell
Rip

n00bal3r7

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2006, 04:19:00 AM »

using this greate app since ever , big respect .
I just have 1 question , on 2 movies sofar out of 500 ive had a problem , middle of the movie it just freezes for some reason and isnt going any further . like i said only on 2 movies ive had this , what might me the prob ? movie starts all fine . it just did it on losts03e01 , dlading another release , cause it just freezes on this one in the middle

limpo

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2006, 05:14:00 AM »

Hi all,

New to this. Just a couple of questions about VLC360

I'm using a netlogon script to map network shares for the user MCX1... this works great for general MCE stuff.  but how can I get VLC360 to use these mapped drives too?

If I copy some video over to a local drive, navigate to it on the 360 and play... The video plays, opens up full screen and I get the message "The VLC360 program has stopped responding and you will be returned to media center". I click OK and nothing happens, the video continues to play.  Whats going on there then?

Thanks

Cyberz

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

So its not working with Vista final?
Its started and everything but dont show up in 360... ?!

ady199

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cyberz @ Nov 15 2006, 03:49 PM) View Post

So its not working with Vista final?
Its started and everything but dont show up in 360... ?!

I get exactly the same problem - I get a blank screen on my 360 when trying to play .ts files

Is there a fix??

Thanks in advance

Cyberz

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

well u get something... VLC360 dosent come up on xbox like it did before so I cant even try playing a movie.

Cyberz

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

btw: do u need medica connect for vlc360 ?

mediadogg

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2006, 11:16:00 AM »

Hello all, I'm a newbie. I have read most of the posts relating to VLC360, and since I have still not resolved my problems, I decided to join up.

First of all, this is a great forum. I'm sure that I will be participating more in the future, as I begin to use my nice XMAS Xbox360!

I found out about vlc360 thru this forum, and since I use vlc a lot, it seemed like a perfect solution. So far, I have got it installed and I can invoke it from xbox360, and see all my shared media. However, when I actually try to execute something, I get the infamous "files not working correctly ..." message. I have tried all sorts of suggestions that I got from here - multiple reboots, etc. So far, zip.

So now I have deinstalled my codecs, and am downloading k-lite, which was a suggestion from a few months ago. When I get it installed, I will re-install vlc360, run the bat file from the subdirectory, and then reboot and report my results.

Meanwhile, has anybody experienced the lack of highlighting on the files menu? I can move up and down, as evidenced by the counter incrementing/decrmenting, but there is no highlight of the text that lets me know visually which item I have selected. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

PS: When I run vlc360 on the host machine, it plays everything perfectly.

mediadogg

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(Cyberz @ Nov 19 2006, 09:50 PM) View Post

btw: do u need medica connect for vlc360 ?

You probably solved this by now, but I figured I would try to make a contribution, since I am also asking for help.

Yes, for vlc360 to work, you must have the standard connection services between MCE2005 and Xbox360. Make sure all of this is working before even trying to use vlc360. When you get all your shared drives / folders working, you should be able to play any wmv files without vlc360.

At this point vlc360 will ride on top of all that. Now, whether anything actually displays properly seems to be a different matter - which is the problem that I am having.

Good luck!  biggrin.gif

wumpscut

• Archived User
VLC360 v1.2
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2007, 12:50:00 AM »

Is it or will it be possible to play HD-DVD thru VLC360?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7