xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wtf Is The Setup Key ?  (Read 194 times)

Jagosix

• Archived User
Wtf Is The Setup Key ?
« on: January 07, 2006, 02:56:00 AM »

Hello. I have WMC installed & connected to the internet & x360. I've downloaded & installed the Windows Media Connect. It NEVER asked me for a key. So is there a way to input the key somewhere in a file? I know im not the only person with this problem. Please help me out here. The x360 audio/Pictures part of it sees my computer & streams them fine. Just need help with this  part. Thanks.

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
Wtf Is The Setup Key ?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 03:17:00 AM »

when you were setting up your x360 for media center it should display a set of numbers that you input into media center so they can connect.  It even says "you should write this number down"  or something like that.

try going thru the setup again and see if it gives you this key again.

Jagosix

• Archived User
Wtf Is The Setup Key ?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »

Hello smile.gif. Well.. I've Reinstalled this damn program over 10 times. It still doesn't ask for the f#$%king key  mad.gif . It just goes thru the installation & finishes without asking for the key. So, can some-1 please help me out here?

runjohan

• Archived User
Wtf Is The Setup Key ?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jagosix @ Jan 7 2006, 04:58 PM) View Post

Hello smile.gif. Well.. I've Reinstalled this damn program over 10 times. It still doesn't ask for the f#$%king key  mad.gif . It just goes thru the installation & finishes without asking for the key. So, can some-1 please help me out here?

try to pick it from this site: http://www.xbox.com/...lldownloads.htm

fandabidozi

• Archived User
Wtf Is The Setup Key ?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 07:52:00 AM »

download all three from the above site and install the largest one

guvna

• Archived User
Wtf Is The Setup Key ?
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 03:16:00 AM »

check what version of the file you are pulling from ms is. i downloaded from site using regular xp pro and the site detected my windows version and gave me an 8 meg file which DOESN'T ask for a key while installing.
However, i went to the same site on my MCE 2005 pc and the site gave me an 89 meg file which DOES ask for a key while installing.

So it seems that you have to make sure you're pulling the right version for MCE.

THC Kuma

• Archived User
Wtf Is The Setup Key ?
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

Ive have the same problem with settin up this as well BUT you have to take time to read what your settin up.

Meaning,  

If you have WINXP  and you lookin to setup the 360 to stream, then the only thing you have to do is download the software, go thru the process and do what it says. THIS SETUP WILL ONLY ALLOW YOU TO STREAM MUSIC AND VIDEO.

I think ppl are thinkin that you can do everything with XP and you can not. When you do the setup for XP and XP only, you DONT HAVE ANY CODES to put in. This only gives you a bit of control on what you can do.

NOW if you are RUNNING Windows Media Center AS AN OS (operating system) you have to do the set up AND then you have to enter the code. This is where you can do the TV fuction and such.

The codes are only if you have WMC running on your puter as an OS. I was a bit disappointed to learn this myself, as i was hoping to get all the "fuctions" to work. Hell i wanted to stream my TV tuner to my 360 but  I did a bit of checking thing out on the net and had found that its only FOR windows media center OS.

you can get the wmc OS but im not sure how it compares to XP as far as being used an 'everyday' computer. I was thinkin about building a puter just for my 360 with wmc. and keeping XP as my gaming puter.

heres a link to Newegg for the WMC 2005 OS                                     http://www.newegg.co...N82E16832102357

anyways i hope this helps

THC Kuma

Xb0x3r

• Archived User
Wtf Is The Setup Key ?
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »

dunno lol