xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stripped Demo Disk For Hd-movies (wmv)  (Read 130 times)

nightmare84j28

• Archived User
Stripped Demo Disk For Hd-movies (wmv)
« on: December 28, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »

If you add/remove files on this demo disc it'll still boot (as long as you don't remove essential stuff like /default.XEX of course), so this demo disc has no integrity test of the DVD.

Remove everything but them smile.gif

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »

Yep! Interested in that as well!

museumsteve

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(BUZZARD @ Dec 29 2005, 04:20 AM) View Post

Could you just addd the files and folders that need to be kept?  

I think this could be fun to be able to post and download HD content and use the the 360 as the tool.

Im debating on using 9 gig iso for movies as this would be less of a pain in the ass to swap disks and the prices have gotten alot cheaper.  Your average 1 1/2 hour movie in HD requires 3 dvdrs. So it gets to almost a debate on what to do. I wonder if I could make a poll?

I'm definately interested in this. Average WMVHD movie is around 4GB, a lot of material encoded to WMV from TS movies (high bitrrate stuff) tends to be around 3-4GB as well, easily fit on one DVDr.
I messed around with the kiosk disc and while I could get WMVHD clips to work, I tried with Total Recall WMVHD (around 3.5GB) but it wouldn't work.
I'm not sure if there's any file size limits that anyone is aware of? I burned the disc as DVD (UDF).