xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trying To Play Mp3s From A Network Mapped Drive.  (Read 130 times)

rornes

• Archived User
Trying To Play Mp3s From A Network Mapped Drive.
« on: December 22, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(-NEUTRINO- @ Dec 21 2005, 02:53 PM) View Post

I have a network storage device that has all my MP3 and Movies on. It's mapped as the Z drive on the PC that has MCE running.

I can add the drive to MCE, but the 360 doesn't seem to see it...

Has anyone tried this yet??

-NEUTRINO-

I have same problem. I cannot use my mounted networkdrives in Mediacenter for my Xbox360 Extender. Anyone that have some tips?

XBoxgeek

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

Well this is how I did it.

I have all my music on my XP Pro Server. I don't map the drive to a drive letter I just share my music folder (right click on the folder and select sharing and security). All my home pc's can access this folder through "My Network Places".

Then while I am running MCE on the 360 I selected  "My Music". Then I pressed info on the remote and selected "Add Music" > "Add Folders" > "Add Shared Folders from Another computer". You should then see the music share you created. Add this folder and you are good to go. Remember that media centre running on your pc can have different shares than the 360. What I mean by that is, if you do the step above on the PC the 360 still won't see it. You have to do it on the 360.

I did the same steps above for my video folder so I can stream HD.

Good luck.

Ti22

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

what Network Attatched Storage do u have? like what brand and model

check out www.twonkyvision.de

they have software that installs directly onto the NAS and allows you to stream to your X360