xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Windows Media Connect  (Read 1127 times)

lightwomanizer

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

This is the fix for WMC not connecting to Xbox : make sure your UPnP (universal plug and play) service is ENABLED on the PC... Want to check it ? Try this tool and read the page :

http://www.grc.com/unpnp/unpnp.htm

There are security issues with UPnP. Enable at your own risk.

After having used WMC for a couple of days, I found that this software is really eating away  computer resources and slowing down my 1Gb RAM, 160Gig HD 2.4 Ghz system, in other words my pretty speedy PC severely. After having deinstalled the WMC soft, it all went back to normal operation. I use a portable 2.5 inch HD + USB connector now to play my music on the 360...

Have fun..

Marcel - Delft, The Netherlands

rake

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

I was having problems with this until I just reset my modem, and my router.  I re-tried it and it works flawlessly.  However, before that it wouldn't even recognize my PC...alls well now.

The_Xenocide

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »

alright, ive spent enough of my time trying to get this working, how about i ask you guys, i got my 360 today (whewt) and ive spent the last hour trying to setup sharing between my pc and it trhough the media connect program, i have followed every single tutorial on the forum and nothing, my friend has showed me what to do, nothing, well actually the main problem IS media connect, it wont open, i dl it and hit run it extracts to some unknown folder and then nothing......nothing happens its not installed it doesnt run......what the hell is going on?

Mjkthirdeye

• Recovered User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »

Do you have SP2 installed?

Tr!X

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

I use a D-Link DGL-4300 Gaming router and my 360 connected in seconds. I have the 360 wired and my computer wired. Ports are opened in the router and set to Xbox Live Profile. Is the X360 lan port a gigabit Lan?

thejackenator

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

i dont have universal plug n play in the services.msc thing. is there anyway i can get it and when i when i tell windows media connect service to start in services.msc it says
"could not start the windows media connect service on Local Computer"
"ERROR 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion"

can anyone please help me

frostee

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

ok..this has probably been said a few times..but i need to plead my case..this is driving me up the wall..i'm about to give up on it all..i've had computer experts come here and were left stupified..i phoned microsft and the dude i was talking to (after waiting on hold for over and hour) had no clue what he was doing...he was telling me to download all the programs i already have and then said umm i don't know then...(after an hour of waiting).  So, i am running a wireless network, i use the wrt54g linksys 2.4 GHz.  Now i have tried to do this wired and wireless.  I have kaspersky antivirus on, and i have turned it off and everything...i have downloaded, removed and re-downloaded the programs..i am running off of windows xp..i have sp2, the program just doesn't see the xbox..then when i try to get my 360 authorised..it doesn't authorise it...it says there was an error and couldn't find my x-box... it is driving me insane..i have all the updates...so i think that is all...so please help

frostee

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »

sorry i may have fixed my problem..what i need to know is does anyone know what networking group the xbox 360 has..i want to connect my 360 to my computer by changing my group name to match that of the 360..can anyone help?

thejackenator

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »

i dont have universal plug n play in the services.msc thing. is there anyway i can get it and when i when i tell windows media connect service to start in services.msc it says
"could not start the windows media connect service on Local Computer"
"ERROR 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion"

but its strange because Unplug n Pray says UPnPis enabled

can anyone please help me

ohmyjosh

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I'm putting this out there just in case somebody who's still having a hard time connecting is as stupid as me....

I also couldn't get my xbox to see my computer and Windows Media Connect.

I opened up all the ports on my router, configured everything, tried all kinds of things I've read about on this and other forums... nothing worked.

Then it hit me (like a ton of bricks)... Trend Micro pc-cillin is running.  DUH.  I opened up all the necessary ports on that program and of course my problem was solved and I can stream music and pictures.

Again - I assume I'm the only idiot who didn't put 1 and 1 together to solve this simple problem and everyone else still struggling I'm sure has a much more difficult problem, but just in case there's somebody out there as silly as me who might have overlooked the obvious like myself, well maybe this will help.

Good luck!

frostee

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »

umm.....lol what is trend micro pc? i'm computer dumb...so ya any help?

djmute

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2006, 01:34:00 AM »

Could you detail how you configured Trend Micro to allow the 360? I'm having a difficult time finding anything specific on how to configure it. Right now I'm having to switch the firewalls profile from "Direct Connection" to "Home Network" whenever I want to stream music from my pc to the 360.

lewshent

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »

im really struggling. will windows media connect run on windows 2000?????

can i connect my xbox to an external hard drive over my wireless network, and stream media, or is it impossible without windows xp media center.

please please help.
many thanks.

McDirty

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »

I have now sorted my issues - Another case of looking but not seeing im affraid.
I even had other people look at my machine, but only spotted my error today by fluke.
Believe it or not, even after reading posts that suggested making sure it was turned off - i still had ICS on.   jester.gif

So a tip for everyone else out there who cant actually see

Make sure its turned off!

clownbow

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »

i get this error.

Page not found
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5