xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 360 Don't See Pc With Wmc  (Read 573 times)

mlmadmax

• Archived User
360 Don't See Pc With Wmc
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »

Did you put everything back to "normal" and than reinstall wmc after you updated?

Just wondering because before I updated the firmware on my d-link router i had tried many other fixes and none of them worked. I put everything back to normal before updateing the firmware and when i ran the wmc software it just worked without having to open up ports or adjusting any settings.

Just tryin to help it was driving me nuts

LANDON14

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

This bites! I can't seem to get my com and box connected either. I'm running the latest software for my router, manually opened all used ports for WMC, etc. etc. and still nothing. I got the LIVE update so I know its a software issue but I'm about to give up. AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! grr.gif

craig51

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »

i had the exact prob on my router(wrt54g)

I went to the linksys support page, and updated the firmware (the router comes with version 2, says on the bottom of the base) the update will take it to version 4.

That fixed it for me.

punda

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »

Do you guys know if the 360 is required to be on the same subnet to as the computer that it needs to connect to? I can only make the connections if they are both on the same subnet however, once I split them, the 360 can no longer see the pc.

BTW, my setup is a linksys wrt54g router and another wrt54g in bridge mode.  If you guys have any insight to this, it'll be greatly appreciated.

nemesis436

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »

QUOTE "with windows xp you can only stream music and pictures thats it if you want to stream t.v or videos you will have to go get media center windows"

You should do some research as i think you will find u  CAN stream video, stop giving people the wrong information ffs, i know because im streaming kung-fu panda right this minute form my XP SP2, NOT media center edition. Guys if your having trouble viewing video then download the codec update, xbox will do this automatically when you try to play a video.
Pages: 1 [2]