xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox360 Mce Extender Drops Connection  (Read 456 times)

Beelzabub

• Archived User
Xbox360 Mce Extender Drops Connection
« on: November 24, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »

The problem I have is that when the 360 connect to my MCE2005 it works fine with the picture viewing the music playing but when I go to my videos it gets so slowww and when I pick a video to play it stays spinning for a good minute then it says Session Terminated and then I have the option to reconnect mce again or exit it sucks I can only get it to play videos everyonce in a blue but most the time it just disconnects between the 360 and my mce pc... anyone have a similar problem who has found a solution?? Thanks in advance to those who decide to give suggestions/help

moddingswede

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »

have you opened the required ports in your firewall?

jherre6

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »

what ports might those be?

jherre6

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 10:59:00 AM »

I guess he means these http://www.MS.com/wi...all/config.mspx but I dont have no firewall besides the router nat and I believe the router doesnt block incoming traffic from local lan ips

moddingswede

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »

there is a list of ports in the media center extender help document that comes with the package downloaded from xbox.com/pcsetup. if you have no firewall, i don't know what the problem is. i had a problem that sounded similar, and i fixed it by opening those ports. sorry i cant be of more assistance. what about windows firewall, do you have that?

This post has been edited by moddingswede: Nov 24 2005, 08:06 PM

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(moddingswede @ Nov 24 2005, 07:36 PM)
there is a list of ports in the media center extender help document that comes with the package downloaded from xbox.com/pcsetup. if you have no firewall, i don't know what the problem is. i had a problem that sounded similar, and i fixed it by opening those ports. sorry i cant be of more assistance. what about windows firewall, do you have that?

Hey moddingswede I appreciate your tips/help... But I found what the problem is yet I dont know why it happens... It seems that the problem only happens if I try to play a movie file from a harddrive I use for recording my shows but yet if I dont go to that harddrive and and just browse my local C: where MCE2005 is on it will play anything just fine with out any disconnects... weird huh?

Beelzabub

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »

Ok well now I can play videos from that one harddrive as long as I dont share it as a root drive like just G:\ instead I had to make a folder like G:\Recordings and it will play any file on that harddrive thats being shared in the recordings folder

cgrumler

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »

What about those that are using Windows Media Connect 2?  What ports need to be opened for that?

moddingswede

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 03:35:00 PM »

i think the same as MCE users. i will try to get that list for you.

jeffma

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 05:20:00 AM »

this problem occurs every 10 minutes
can anyone help me

j666*

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »

same prob  here  seems it sum kind of file  is the problem dunno  what though

Fragger420

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

i donno if this off topic i got xp pro sp2 i can stream music photos to my 360 thru my router from my pc all ethernet it works fine when i get my new pc with mce 2005 sp2 with mce for xbox 360 i wonder if the videos will be slow i been hearin video playback slow??????

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Fragger420 @ Mar 6 2006, 07:44 PM) View Post

i donno if this off topic i got xp pro sp2 i can stream music photos to my 360 thru my router from my pc all ethernet it works fine when i get my new pc with mce 2005 sp2 with mce for xbox 360 i wonder if the videos will be slow i been hearin video playback slow??????

video playback has been fine for me, ive watched plenty of jackass, celebrity deathmatch, southpark episodes without any problems, only problem i have is the images look like shit, although ive always had this issue, if i watch them in wina,p in normal all is well but that shits to small, double size is ok i guess but full screen is horride needless to say on 360 extender all is horrid, i dont know if there is an app to convert them to look good in full screen or not but if they play slow in MCE on your 360 im not sure what the problem would be as those HD 360 trailers will not play on my pc but play just fine on the 360 through MCE