xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Older Modded 360 Able To Play New Games?  (Read 140 times)

Blueboost

• Archived User
Older Modded 360 Able To Play New Games?
« on: September 26, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »

My 360 was modded between 2-3 years ago, iextreme mod I believe. I remember having to do wave 3 or 4 patching on rips. I was banned in the massive wave around the modern warfare 2 release. I never did any console updates after I was banned.

I would really just like to be able to buy some games and use the 360 as intended, offline. All I play is forza3 and some GTAIV. Would I be able to buy and play Forza 4 when it comes out next month? My concern is that a console update will render my old games and/or the entire system useless. I haven't kept up with things of this nature in quite some time.

Thanks for any help you guys provide. Mods, if this is the wrong section please forgive and move.

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:15:00 AM »

Update your dashboard and update your firmware. You can't escape it.

Blueboost

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(tomgreen99200 @ Sep 27 2011, 03:15 AM) View Post

Update your dashboard and update your firmware. You can't escape it.

I don't know the guy that did the modding for me anymore.

Whats the benefit of doing so? Whats the consequences of not doing it? Say I bought Forza 4 and popped it in, what would happen?

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »

Benefits are: being up to date. Not worrying about waves and what not. Being able to play games.  

Consequences: 1. not being able to play games

2. xbox being stuck in update loop when it tries to update from a new disk.

3. flashed firmware will be returned to stock (again, you wont be able to play backups)

It up to you. You either update the dashboard and then reflash or just try and update from the Forza 4 disk when it comes out. Since its an original disk it may complete the update or it may fail since you have a modded firmware.

Find someone to do it for you or learn yourself with the Jungleflasher tutorial.