xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Menu Support  (Read 171 times)

kevlar69

• Archived User
Dvd Menu Support
« on: February 03, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

Ok, before someone says read the manual etc, I have and it says that dvd menus are not supported yet. Fair enough. I've been using xbmc for quite a while now but never actually tried to play a dvd through it before today. It was an original with full menu etc. It wouldn't play at all. I though it would play the movie but not the menu. Is this normal? I didn't realise it wouldn't play originals at all. Have I got this right or is there something wrong with my build?

cheers

Kevlar

j_guzzler

• Archived User
Dvd Menu Support
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 11:32:00 AM »

It plays original movies (DVD), just skips all of the menu stuff, some people have had the same problem as you, with older DVD's that have a different setup, try others, if it persists then i would say something s wrong on your end.

kevlar69

• Archived User
Dvd Menu Support
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »

Thanks m8, will do.

kevlar69

• Archived User
Dvd Menu Support
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »

You were right j_guzzler, it plays other titles no problem, for some reason it won't play my Family Guy dvds.

Thanks

Kevlar

jets

• Archived User
Dvd Menu Support
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »

Certain DVDs main movie gets played because XBMC only recongnizes the first set of sequentuially numbered VTS files on the DVD and most of the time thats where the movie actually is. On other discs that 1st VTS set may actually be a submenu or something really brief so it doesn't get played back.

Try to browse the files on DVD and playback the first 1+ GB file you see if you have trouble playing back the film.