xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New To Jtagging  (Read 103 times)

Salincer

• Archived User
New To Jtagging
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »

So i bought a jtaged xbox 360 halo 3 LE from grim187 and got it the other day. As soon as i got it i soldered up the 3.5" hard drive to it. Started great and detected my hard drive and formated it (100gb HDD). Sooo i looked into it and i installed XEXmenu. Installed that, and tried to copy over my 7gb .iso to HDD via FTP and it wouldnt work. Finally figured out you couldnt, so now im just trying to copy a real game via disk drive and get it to play.

I tried to switch the dash style in xexmenu and it just frooze up. Now i cant get back into xexmenu =\.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks
Brandon

Salincer

• Archived User
New To Jtagging
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »

i stuck my USB flash drive in just for the heck of it and it actually ran XEXmenu...i saw the game i ripped via xexmenu (GH WT) and i ran it and got a e71 error....now i cant get back to xexmenu. and when i turn controller on via wireless, it wont boot...it just stays there with 1 led on. Also the dashboard says its version 2.0.9199 i think. something like that.

This post has been edited by Salincer: Aug 17 2010, 04:37 AM

Salincer

• Archived User
New To Jtagging
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 07:36:00 PM »

Well...grim helped meh out...found out that xexmenu sucks and used some other loader...sniper360 or something

KoukiMonster91

• Archived User
New To Jtagging
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 11:51:00 AM »

i personally prefer feestyle, so give it a shot see if u like it more. the xbox cant read .iso's so u need to run them through ISO2GOD on your computer and copy them via flash drive or set up ISO2GOD to automatically ftp them to ur xbox. to get retail disks to run off the hdd use the install disks to hdd option (or what ever its called) in the nxe then run NXE2GOD to make the installed games into games on demand and you can run them straight from the nxe without having to boot into a dashboard first. personally i only use freestyle to check my temps and to ftp to the xbox

Salincer

• Archived User
New To Jtagging
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »

Thanks for the response! I tried freestyle and its pretty awesome. I looked at the 2.0 version and it looks sick! Im currently running into more problems though.
1. I can NEVER go back to dashboard after running xexmenu...i get a e71 error
2. I can never sign in using the dashboard button on controller
3. i randomly get e79 errors and restart console to find a 'select new language, screen resolution'
3a. when this happens, it asks me to choose a gamer profile, but it wont let me..it just makes the noise and doesnt do anything
4. i have a zephyr mobo if that helps. it has a dash 9199

Salincer

• Archived User
New To Jtagging
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

bump

Salincer

• Archived User
New To Jtagging
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »

maybe its e71. Im not sure. When i try to run a game (any game) signed in, i get a e71. i havent got to messing around with it much...but im thinking its because its a zephyrn, or maybe a unstable kernal (9199)

Im not sure...ill make a youtube video soon.

eleventh

• Archived User
New To Jtagging
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »

I also had loads of e79 errors on my falcon.
Finally solved it by using the transistor method and SMC_IO patches.

Now no more errors.