xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cloneing Xbox 360 Usb Drive?  (Read 114 times)

Tag234

• Archived User
Cloneing Xbox 360 Usb Drive?
« on: August 12, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »

Hello

I have an xbox 360 formated USB stick that i would like to clone to another USB stick. Copying over all the files including the hidden Xbox 360 folder does NOT work so i thought i would try to find another way to do it. I attempted to make an image of the USB drive in winimage and then write it to another of the exact same USB drives and everything on the USB stick worked perfectly except the xbox partition.

Does anyone know of a good way to do this? Or else of a better imaging tool?

x Yo1nK x

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »

if you have access to an xbox 360 console, just format the usb stick you want to copy onto. you would also be able to copy the files from on and place them on the other. thats the easiest process i could think of without overcomplicating the subject.

Juvenal1228

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »

If i am correct you are trying to make a copy of items that can only be moved via the Xbox 360, correct?

Then the only way i can think is with a memory card/HDD and Xplorer360

Until someone figures out the USB drive "format"

Tag234

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »

hmmm yea i supposed, i was just looking for a method to be able to take a completely stock normal USB stick and basically just restore an image to it and have it be like the other one. Even a direct WinHex clone did not work :-\ Guess ill just have to wait for awhile

Thankyou (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

GMMan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »

Use a proper imaging software, and do a raw image. Then write that image. That would be as close to the original drive as possible. Make sure both of the drives are the same size or else you may have problems.