xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Freeboot Unbannable  (Read 138 times)

hackerx360

• Archived User
Freeboot Unbannable
« on: August 09, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »

i just haveone question for freeboot and jtags

IF we go online our ban timer starts and in 4 hours your kv is banned

well we ixtreme lt came out we can't get banned because it looks like the original flash

so when will they make the same thing for freeboot and jtags because KV's cost$$$$$$$$$$

also i know that one is dvd and one is nand flash but  i was just wondering when this will happen or if it would happen (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

NYCXBOX

• Archived User
Freeboot Unbannable
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »

it will never happen.  

Chances of a system that can play homebrew and unsigned code and be undetectable to Xbox live are slim, and it is just the way it is with a Jtag.

KV's do cost money for those of you guys running lobbys and such.  Eventually KV's will be harder and harder to get and they will go up in price.

Also eventually the number of taggale systems (which is the only way to get a KV) will fall to zero and you will have people with Jtags with a Good KV that aren;t going to sell it and you will have Jtags with a Banned KV.  SO one day it will just run out.

The only thing you can hope for is for microsoft to create and sell KV's - which the chances of happening would be about a trillion to one.  But hey If I was M$ why not create and run off a bunch of KV's and sell them, I bet you they could sell 1000+ a day.

I have a feeling KV's are being held for COD7.

I really do find it quite rediculas the number of banned systems there are now due to selling the KV.  IF you think the large IXtreme ban wave banned a million systems - I will bet you selling KV"s has banned a million more.  It is quite silly to sell a KV which works for 4 hours so a bunch of kids can run a lobby to hook people up with cheats (most of which disappear when you turn your box off) and it takes 1 more $200+ dollar system off the market and kills it's resale value.

This post has been edited by NYCXBOX: Aug 10 2010, 04:31 AM

NinjaNoodles

• Archived User
Freeboot Unbannable
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »

Go watch daybreakers an replace every reference to blood with keyvaults take away the ending and you've got where modded lobbies are heading

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Freeboot Unbannable
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 01:01:00 AM »

lol iv got a whole heap of kv's pritty much every jtag i do i take theres and replace it with a banned one.
Im saving them till they get rare and i can sell them for extra lol.

xboxbman

• Archived User
Freeboot Unbannable
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Aug 10 2010, 03:01 AM) *

lol iv got a whole heap of kv's pritty much every jtag i do i take theres and replace it with a banned one.

cool.  like the autobody shops that steal the airbags out and replace them with broken ones.

p4r0l3

• Archived User
Freeboot Unbannable
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »

The only plausible way to do this is to have a dual-nand setup where one nand is stock and the other has freeboot. You could run a switch to turn the jtag on/off. Fuses would have to be emulated somehow though.

Besides something like that, I doubt they'd ever be able to cloak freeboot from Live. If they could, honestly it probably would ruin Live with (mw2/halo) cheating

thwack

• Archived User
Freeboot Unbannable
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 02:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(p4r0l3 @ Aug 10 2010, 11:16 PM) View Post
The only plausible way to do this is to have a dual-nand setup where one nand is stock and the other has freeboot. You could run a switch to turn the jtag on/off. Fuses would have to be emulated somehow though.

Besides something like that, I doubt they'd ever be able to cloak freeboot from Live. If they could, honestly it probably would ruin Live with (mw2/halo) cheating

This. There's been people that have got away with not being banned for weeks due to certain 'alterations' to the NAND/fuses combo. However, Live would be screwed if JTAG's weren't detectable - as it is it's flakey and I've stopped playing MW2 and gone to BBC2.

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Aug 10 2010, 08:01 AM) View Post

Joke may be on you - how do we know that the next dash structure will cope with Live and JTAG's - also that the people behind the hacked NAND creation will release a Live enabled FreeBoot etc - there's already been talk from the creators to remove Live access from JTAGs - why do you think they went with the stable FreeBoot 0.32 compared to the borked 0.30?