xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Freestyle Dash Configuration  (Read 90 times)

RedFarmer

• Archived User
Freestyle Dash Configuration
« on: August 06, 2010, 06:47:00 PM »

A pretty noobish question I guess, but how do I get my emulators to show up under emulators and so on when using FreeStyle Dash? I can ofcourse browse using the file manager and execute the XeX-files where I've put them on the USB-drive but I shouldn't really need to do it that way. Is that what FSDIndexer does except from collecting boxart etc, or do I maybe need to put things in specific folders?

Slightly embarrassed because I know it probably is very simple, so simple that people don't really ask about it (and that's why I couldn't find any posts about it either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks!

LordBarker

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 02:36:00 AM »

Had the same issues mate when I started as the new FSDash 2.0 creates the config file in a different place to the older 1.2 version.
Go into folder fsd2data on your external USB drive and open the config.xml make sure under <paths> you've pointed the dash to where the emu's, games etc. are.
Then go into content.xml and there will be numbers next to each type of media you've copied, emu's appear under hombrew (3), change it to 4 to make them appear in the emulator folder on your FSD. Good luck :-)

Slightly embarrassed because I know it probably is very simple, so simple that people don't really ask about it (and that's why I couldn't find any posts about it either

I'm pretty sure I also posted in the newbie section! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

RedFarmer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 04:33:00 AM »

Cool! I'll try it out!

Thanks a lot biggrin.gif

mana100

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 07:07:00 PM »

thanks for asking this question, i had the same problem, one problem i haven't been able to figure out is that after copying a Xbox360 game to the HDD using FSD2a when trying to boot the default.xex the game go back to M$ dash and says please redownload the game?? had this problem? how would i fix this?

also in the older version of FSD there was some cool things like LED control, i really liked the Temperature LED control but on the newest version of FSD there is Cashes backup/restore and the LED thing is gone, is there any way to get this back? maybe a setting in the config or something?  

let me know

thanks smile.gif

RedFarmer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »

I don't know about the led control but I can mention that the newly released FSD2 Content Editor should make life easier getting the content where you like. I haven't had the time to try it yet though.