xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Software Update Issue With Jtag, Or Add Xexloader Backup To Nxe  (Read 68 times)

JPEEZY

• Archived User

A little background info first:

OK, I bought an xbox 360 here in Iraq pre-modded with a 500 gig HDD, I believe it is JTAGed, it has XEXloader installed and NXE2GOD on it. I tried playing Super Street Fighter 4 and it will prompt me to update or it says I will not be able to play the game, I do so and it will reboot and constantly ask for update and will not play. Any game I have made before April or so will work though, just some of my games such as Just Cause 2, and Super Street Fighter 4 and Alan Wake will keep asking for updates that will not take.

If I backup the games normally via NXE and run NXE2GOD, I will still get the update issue. Older games no problem using this method.

If I copy to HDD using XEXloader, and run the xex file in XEXloader, I can play the games without a system update prompt. Is there a way to make a shortcut or something to add the xex of the game on my HDD to the NXE dashbaord, or am I going to have to run every game with this update issue using XEXloader?

I either need to figure a way around the update issue (maybe patching something), or figure out how to add an XEXLoader backup to the NXE dashboard.

BladeWing

• Archived User
Software Update Issue With Jtag, Or Add Xexloader Backup To Nxe
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 03:39:00 AM »

First, i would upgrade to XexMenu (usual places) and try that. Even if you dont upgrade, look inside your games folder and see if there is a $systemupdate folder or similar. If there is, delete it and run the default.xex. Now it should work flawlessly.

JPEEZY

• Archived User
Software Update Issue With Jtag, Or Add Xexloader Backup To Nxe
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 05:04:00 AM »

Well, I will try and do the XEXmenu install.

When I try and play the game through xexloader off the harddrive when I use the copydvd function it will work, even with the system update folder in there.

I just cant play it off of NXE, when it is backed up through those means. I am trying to play it off of the NXE instead of navigating through xexloader and then running the xex. But I will go over everything to doublcheck and see what happens. Thanks for the help.