xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Black Screen Dev 360 Launcher  (Read 155 times)

Need Help Now!

• Archived User
Black Screen Dev 360 Launcher
« on: March 10, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »

I think this should more or less be in the XeDK section ;x.

If worse comes to worst, just use a recovery disk to bring it back to stock.

-NHN!

_less_than_zero

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(shotyme @ Mar 10 2010, 04:29 PM) View Post

My box was booting fine its a real Dev box with sidecar.

Have not edited any files but the 360 dev launcher that was stock will not bot anymore. i was inserting a cd in it and it would show the default.xex from the dvd drive. When i press on the default.xex it was booting back into the launcher directly like a bad loop.

my nephew was in this room and he says he did not do anything but i have a feeling from reading that he erased all my Dev software content from the 360's initial boot development dash.

My question is can i repair the 360launcher back to stock with the Dev software in tact with a Recovery cd.

If i hit my eject button after booting it goes directly into the retail dashboard.

There are various files i can see from 360 neighborhood. is there a way to take those files and replace them in the proper folder structure to get my Development software back?

I have backed up all the files i have through 360 Neighborhood i have access to so hopefully they come in handy. Can any of these bins/images/or xex's get me back to stock...what info can be reaired from the retail dash.

This may be a nebie question...its between software and hardware maybe best movied to the newbie section   Sorry admin

i have recovery disc like xdk 93**.

shotyme

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »

is it safe to use recovery disks to fix these i have a slightly older version than that that was with the unit....i am really paranoid after my nephew went button happy and smoked this thing sad.gif  do i risk loosing files that matter...

seem like a easy fix all using the recovery.... wink.gif not sure the data is not there the screen is just black hehe.

Esjay

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »

I would recommend using Neighborhood to copy all files you want, and then use the latest recovery disc you have.

shotyme

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »

the recovery i have boots to black screen also...not sure if its the media err what...i think i need remote rec..as someone mentioned.. everyting i put in there boots to black screen. need to bump this outta retail mode...dashboard.xbx looking at it in hexedit is booting to

\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1\xshell.xex

i will be reading more i think i am just being a noob...RIF...my nephew reverted this to retail mode that i know...i think i am missing something simple.

does the recovery disk take awhile to pop up? just sits tehre black screen  uhh.gif