xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Will It Ever Be Possible To Boot Xell From The Dash?  (Read 314 times)

MediocreChief

• Archived User
Will It Ever Be Possible To Boot Xell From The Dash?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 01:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Leering @ Dec 28 2009, 10:17 PM) *

Because it was a unique exploit? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

yeh, that's not really an answer.

either way, what it really comes down to:

1. Does the new dash prevent the exploit from running even when running on the old kernel? (this is probably why it doesnt work in it's current form)
if so- theres a reasonable chance that it would be a nearly impossible job to re-allow it by modifying the dash to do so.
or
2. does XBR/Freeboot's own modifications to the dashboard prevent it
(doubt it.)
or
3. does King Kong need to be changed in order for it to work again
(also doubt it.)

as you all should know, downgrading back to your original nand would allow you to run that KK exploit and boot xell from your dash, so this absolutely has to do with the dashboard you are running. whether or not it is something that could be easily patched back in for support is what the question is, unless this is something that can be fixed through tweaking king kong itself, which again, is unlikely.

And I don't feel like editing this whole post over for this afterthought, but I just realized farmboynick said that he tried running it through the whole container situation off the hard drive, but has anyone tried running it off the disc as you originally had to? If it runs there, that would mean yes, it is possible.

Icekiller2k6

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 04:31:00 AM »

The easiest way to do it is the following:
Break the HV.

What i mean ofcourse is implement the flaw that was found in hv 45xx into 8xxx.

Seeing as you can run unsigned xex's & shaders you can now basicly use the Game demo of KingKong with the Modded shader to start it...

manpee

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(farmboynick @ Dec 22 2009, 05:38 AM) View Post

put a xell modified king kong inside a live container file and put it on your 360's hdd & it can boot into xell from the xbox360 dash (will be the old xell) but works great for linux + there might be a way to insert the new xell into the king kong files if anyone wants to look into it, i would do it myself but i have no time until after the new year

you can't...
 was was just reading on this last night...

it is because the shaders are unsigned but the code the added to the shader ARE fake signed!
it you want to run this off the hdd you would have to remove the sig check so you are also removing the mod and thus just a plain KK demo you will have.
Pages: 1 [2]