xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Unable To Install Games Onto Hard Drive  (Read 1156 times)

CK0

• Archived User
Unable To Install Games Onto Hard Drive
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2009, 03:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(PenguinComrade @ Nov 4 2009, 08:15 AM) *

Here let's put it this way. Lets say I decide to play too human, I load up my profile and I load up my saved game. some time goes along and I make some progress then I save. I switch over to my non banned Xbox 360 to try and update my gamerscore my profile goes corrupt, it doesn't appear in the profiles listing. I recover my GT and decide I'll play my retail copy of Too Human to try and regain those achievements just by popping in the game while connected to live and loading up a saved game. So I attempt to load up the saved game and the game tells me that it has become corrupt.

Nothing will happen if you go from a non banned box to a banned box. it's only the other way around where things start happening.

That means they must tie something illegitimate to the HDD.  What could it be?  
Unless they flagged a certain profile as being associated with any existing bans, I don't see how they can determine this.  I mean, gamesaves are gamesaves.

PenguinComrade

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(CK0 @ Nov 4 2009, 02:03 AM) View Post

That means they must tie something illegitimate to the HDD.  What could it be?  
Unless they flagged a certain profile as being associated with any existing bans, I don't see how they can determine this.  I mean, gamesaves are gamesaves.

It sounds odd I know, I don't get it either but that's only if your situation is anything like mines and this is the situation with mines. Though I've come across some people saying that the data only becomes corrupt when you gain an achievement on a banned console, as in you gain an achievement on the banned xbox 360 then try to update your GS on an unbanned console the data will become corrupt.

CK0

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »

Actually that is my situation as well.
One for backups, the other console for playing LIVE games.  Switch the HDD when needed.
Except I have game saves from full retail games; RE5, GTA IV, etc... on the same profile.

I just tried, and was able to install a backup onto the HDD.  That is probably because I have not updated anything from LIVE in a few months.

tech3475

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »

Hi, I just got banned last night.

I currently have one 60GB HDD and a 512mb MC. I have  a question:

Are saves corrupted the moment you are banned? Or are they only corrupted the moment you attempt to play that game?

Also is it possible for me to recover my profile to my MC, and whenever I want to use it on a good (unmodded) console to sign in using that with my HDD to save then whenever I want to run a backup to sign in using the corrupt profile on the HDD on the modded console and then just save the game onto the MC?

I'dkickurass@cod2

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »

The REAL reason why all your gamesaves are corrupt because the console ID that's saved along with the Profile and device id on that gamesave, has been blacklisted and will only work on that console only now. All you need is Xplorer360 (or xport), a transfer kit, and a Con resigner that also resigns the console id as well to your new 360's console id. And another thing I just noticed. It is the dash that is preventing people from installing games on their hdd anymore. I just updated the dash when I put in MW2 (since I didn't want to play on my unbanned console). And now the games install on that hdd for that 360, don't work now. oh well, shit out of luck I guess. Guess it's time to resign everything and move it to that 120 now for my newer console.

CK0

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 12:42:00 AM »

My unbanned console should not be blacklisted, so I'm going to play any retail game and save the gamesave to my profile.  I am thinking of logging on LIVE, then seeing what happens.  Having gamesaves from a blacklisted and clean console ID in one profile should be interesting.  They may corrupt my profile no matter what.

QUOTE(I'dkickurass@cod2 @ Nov 6 2009, 02:20 AM) *

The REAL reason why all your gamesaves are corrupt because the console ID that's saved along with the Profile and device id on that gamesave, has been blacklisted and will only work on that console only now. All you need is Xplorer360 (or xport), a transfer kit, and a Con resigner that also resigns the console id as well to your new 360's console id.

That sounds pretty legit, man.
Is there a tutorial anywhere to do this 'resigning'?  I googled for those keywords but only came up with some avatar hacking, which I have no interest in.  

benhouli

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »

hello everyone
i banned too from Live
and can't install or play game from the HDD

anyone know about any sulotion ?

i just want to able to play and install games on the HDD

the Live issue doesn't metter to me

thanks all

update :

and of course...
now i see that i can't load any saves from the HDD
i was on a half season on NBA2K10  :/

hope for any sulotion about the saving issue and load that saves

funke

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »

Just been banned and have lost this feature.

Hope someone gets ot the bottom of this and finds away for us to install to the HDD again. Noise is just unbearable.

krg

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »

Same story here... I just want to use my 360 offline.. Look like It was not enough to ban... blink.gif

Note : the dashboard must be the problem because I can install Forza cd2 when I load the game with forza CD1.... Noise from my Benq make me sick

looking forward for a solution

Fantaji

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »

I can't install games too  sad.gif  DVD makes noise all the time. I hope someone find a way to fix it.

foaley77

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2009, 03:02:00 AM »

Got banned 2 days ago and found out that games dont install to HDD is there any problems buying a new console and using my old WD 120GB HHD will the games install then does anyone know.

vildzek

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2009, 04:06:00 AM »

You want xbox modded STAY OUT OF LIVE (like me), you want LIVE with friends stay to originals. MS has method to alterate modded xbox and custom firmwares.

predaking10

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2009, 05:39:00 AM »

Hi guys!

I have a 120Gb elite Xbox and got banned, i can live with the ban but my hdd just works as a memory card, that sucks bigtime, so i hope someone will bypass the protection on band xboxes. I was considering buying an arcade and inserting the 120 Gb hd to the new xbox. My question is how do i format the old hd so i can use it with the new xbox?

cheers!

krg

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »

Yes, the format should work. For now, your HDD is corrupted, but after a format and a new arcade you should be fine.

My question now. If I format my HDD, put the drive on a legit 360, go on live, download my gamertag and after if I put the HDD on my banned 360 should I be able to install game like before ?

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »

im wondering if you just had the backup of the hdd ss and restore it to the disabled/corrupted HDD and see if that will work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7