xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd-drive Type  (Read 94 times)

faroqui

• Archived User
Dvd-drive Type
« on: May 30, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »

EDIT: I found out by looking at the wires with the face plate off. Unfortunately, all of the ones I've been finding are Lite-on (yellow wires). Any tips on getting a non-liteon such as to go by production date or anything?

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
Dvd-drive Type
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »

I take it your trying to buy a console? And if you are able to see the wire than im assuming you want a used one? Buying used xbox's is a 50/50 shot in the dark. Why? Whats it's RROD history if it has any? Has it had any other issues? Refurbs tend to be alright if they are coming from Microsoft. Be smart buy a new console and if you don't want to mod it yourself than buy a premod. Simple as that. All my premods are Jaspers, unless it's an Elite they tend to be hard to come by.

alwaysonjohn

• Archived User
Dvd-drive Type
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

all of the consoles over the past year have been lite-ons (atleast what i have been getting in). And there is no real reason to not want one because they are pretty good.  My benq was a tad bit quieter but it didn't come with my jasper biggrin.gif

ToBbErT

• Archived User
Dvd-drive Type
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 02:47:00 AM »

Well buying an older version isnt recommended. Atleast if you dont wanna run into hardware failures. The only reason why you shouldnt buy a system with a lite-on is that you will need a connectivity kit to read the dvd key from the drive. Imo you should just spend some extra money couse the jasper is the best solution to avoid the red ring of death.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Dvd-drive Type
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 04:12:00 AM »

Just did my mate brand new jasper today and it had a benQ drive in it was quite supprised.
So there is some hope you might find one with a benQ but I would say they were be pritty rare. Probly only a few because MS dumped its old benQ stock into them.